3400 Grafts by Dr. Madhu on 08/08/2011 - Need your feedback

Hi simply complicated,

Just would like to know, your present status post HT. Do you see preliminary growth ? Are you now on any medications ? Any shock loss (recipient / donor) ?

Thanks

JkR

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Hi simply complicated,

Just would like to know, your present status post HT. Do you see preliminary growth ? Are you now on any medications ? Any shock loss (recipient / donor) ?

Thanks

JkR

Hey man... your nearly 2 weeks away from the 4th month.. how has the recent journey been so far? Hope its all going well.. if its not .. dont worry..

Rome was not built in one day .. :)

Hello Guys,

It is Monday again today and its exactly 15 Weeks since I had my Transplant...

The Journey so far has been Okay...Things are going as they are supposed to I guess...

The growth..I wont call it growth as such...but ya, few tiny tiny hair sprouts were visible at around 3 month mark....I can see around few more small hair sprouts being visible now...but only if you see very carefully...and they are looking exactly of same size since last 15 days...so I guess...growth will take time...However, all this tiny hairs which I am talking about, are not visible in Photos for some reason...

Went to my Transplant Doctor at 3 month mark for general follow up...He looked at it and said that its going smooth....When asked about when will growth be visible....He has always said that dont bother much till 8 month mark....You will see appreciable results only at 8 months...

I am quite regular on my medications...which includes 5% Minox - Twice a day, 1 mg Finax on daily basis & a Multi-Vitamin for Hair & Nail around 4-5 days a week....

Shock loss is the same as it was in initial stages...did not increase further..i.e. in small areas around the donar area...and also, I feel that there is some shockloss just behind receipt area as well..However, it could just be my misconception and I must have less hair in that region earlier also, which I am noticing only now and which might require another transplant after few years....

Donar Scar is not an issue at all at this stage...Its quite well covered since beginning...Though, I cant see it...My Dad and one other person whom I show it, has said that the scar is thinning and redness is almost gone...

Well I hope and pray that my waiting period is over and things should get much better from now on...

Will post the Pics at 6th Month mark...

look great

Thanks a lot buddy....I hope the result looks equally great...!!!

Edited by simplycomplicated

Hey simplycomplicated

What about the native hairs on the recipient site? are they still there? or have they suffered as a consequence of shock loss?

and if they are still there.. have they improved due to the intake of the Finax 1mg and application of 5% minox.. ?

Since the native hairs at the recipient site were shaved during H.T., i cant figure out the exact position of those native hairs right now. Some of them are growing for sure, but not sure about 100%....(I can say around 75-80% of the pre transplant native hairs have grown/are in growin stage...Doubtful about the remaing 20-25%)

Also, the native hears at the recipient site before H.T., was not that great in my opinion....and few of them were anyways as a result of Minox/Finax...

The improvement as a result of Minox can also be not figured out at this stage as the hairs are quite short...

Hi Mr. Simply,

Thank you so much the insight and educating us on the subject. Greatly appreciated your time and efforts.

I have shortlisted three names: Dr Vasa in Ahmedabad - (got mixed reviews), Dr Rajput in Mumbai (again got mixed reviews) and Dr Madhu (so far all positive reviews). I just sent my pictures to Dr Madhu and wish to undergo HT surgery in 6-8 weeks. Waiting to hear back from him. I was wondering if you could share your email or contact number for further chat.

Thank you,

Anil

Hi,

You should consider Doctor Radha Rani who is in Vizag. She trained with Doctor Pathomvanich in Thailand a couple of years ago and has been operating her own surgery for a couple of years now. I am booked in for a HT with her in February 2012. Just another option for you to consider.

From all reports you can't really go wrong with Doctor Madhu either.

Regards

Rod

Hi,

Someone mentioned that for domestic clients the cost per graft is 35rs but you would have to check that out for yourself.

I had a HT done at DHT Clinic in Thailand in 2010 and had a good result but I want a bit more density in the hairline and grafts in the crown region. Doctor Radha Rani did her training at the clinic and I know the high standards that they require from their staff.

2 of her technicians also trained there and the others were experienced in HT procedures. She does 1 surgery per day and is hands on during the procedure. Do your research but a number of HT surgeries in India do multiple procedures in a day and the HT surgeon only removes the donor and starts the procedure and the hair technicians place all the grafts.

I live in Australia and I have not had a face to face meeting. The only doctor who is recommended by this forum is Doctor Madhu.

I hope my post answers your questions.

Regards

Rod

Hi simply complicated,

Thank you for your detailed information sent. But just a quick question, Is your head noticeable to others that you had an HT ? I ask this question because, some say post HT can cause redness and scabs on the recipient zone. Are you experiencing any of these complications ?

I need to be on work within the next 5 days post HT. But I worry, how it may seem to others ? I wish, i could take some more days on leave.

Thanks

JkR

• 1 month later...

Hi guys ..... my first post in this community ..... I am considering HT ...... have shortlisted 3 docs Dr. Madhu Dr. Manoj Khanna (as I am frm kolkata) & Dr. Mahadevia ....... Does anyone have any idea about the other 2 docs ..... pls suggest me as I am a newbie ....... Thanks ........

Hi guys ..... my first post in this community ..... I am considering HT ...... have shortlisted 3 docs Dr. Madhu Dr. Manoj Khanna (as I am frm kolkata) & Dr. Mahadevia ....... Does anyone have any idea about the other 2 docs ..... pls suggest me as I am a newbie ....... Thanks ........

search dr madhu in the forum . youll see his fantastic work

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dear

im Very very Glad to see u had good HT experince n seems woking very on you,

im from mumbai n me too wana go to HT , please kindly guide me what to do, can u also tell me about the expenses u incurred n where Dr.Madhu's clinic is located.

Thx

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi simply complicated

I'm very much eager to know the updates after your 6 months post surgery. It will be highly appreciated if you could at least share your experience in this period's result so that it can be a help to many in taking a final decision whether or not go ahead for a surgery with Dr. Madhu.

Please do reply.

Thanks

JkR

• 2 weeks later...

Based to what I heard, I think Dr. Radha Rani is the right person. I spoke to her early morning, she is very active, helpful and confident plus she is a hands on Doc when it comes to surgery, she is not like others where they do the little job and leave the rest to the technicians or perform 3 surgeries at once. I heard very good feedback about her from Cardel25 and RodG. Good luck.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]