Dr. Bessam Farjo discusses why hair loss sufferers should choose him and the Farjo Medical Centre for their hair restoration procedure.

Below is a transcript of the hair transplant video for your reference.

"I think if I was to sell myself or if a patient was to ask me why they should come to me, I'd say well because I dedicated my practice, 95% almost 100% to hair restoration. It's because I've evolved significantly over the years. I discuss a lot of what I do with colleagues. I try to educate myself as much as possible. I feel that we are doing work, using techniques, on par with the elite hair transplant surgeons of the world. I consider new techniques and incorporate them if I find them, beneficial to the patient. Patients also have the opportunity to have extensive communication with the doctor who's doing the surgery. Also, the patient has the opportunity to come for plenty of follow-up, etc."

I'm fairly blunt and call it how i see it but i have to say farjos videos are the best i've seen so far, he seems to have great attention to detail but i'm still yet to see a result that blows me away, i look forward to that day.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Bonker,

I agree that Dr. Farjo is indeed very meticulous and pays great attention to detail. But regarding a result that blows you away...if you haven't seen one by now on this community posted by several leading surgeons, then perhaps your expectations are too high. I've seen dozens if not hundreds of impressive results presented on this community over the last several years. Trust me, they're here!

Best wishes,

Bill

Your probably right i do have high standards though. I'm gonna have a good look!

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Bonkerstonker, when you say '...but i'm still yet to see a result that blows me away, i look forward to that day', is this in reponse to Dr Farjo and his team or a general comment in regards to all HT surgeons?

In reply to either, trying to find an example of a HT that you feel lives up to your high standards is difficult for anyone one of us, even if the result is the best in the world we won't quite believe it to be so, that's just the way we guys are right?

I'm being curious here, does this mean you don't consider your own experience a 'blow you away' result?, instead of me highjacking the thread you could PM me if you like.

I'm in my 2nd year of hair restoration research and still have the majority of my questions unanswered, i find i'm learning some thing new each time i research this field, which pretty much puts me on a par with the surgeons themselves i'd have thought.

In reply to the Farjo Clinic, i've seen many of their work in threads and posts, and even though i haven't seen some results in person (of which i hope to do so some time soon), the results look the business to me and you're right to point out how Farjo himself comes across as i find he seems to be a stand up guy .

Regards,

57mph

I've been resarching and on hairloss forums for 10 years over this time I've seen unbelievable transplants at least 1 from most top surgeons but I've never seen one from farjos I've seen a lot of good work from there though. Maybe I need to look harder.

I'm not someone who takes other peoples word and rumors as fact I have to see it my self and standard to good does not impress me.

I suppose I have been spoilt by the results of surgeons like hasson, wong, feller and i have never seen a rahal result that didn't blow me away. With regards to my Ht I'm only at 4 and a half months so time will tell but I had loads of hair pre op so it should be good.

Edited by bonkerstonker

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Bonker,

You of course, are entitled to your opinion. However, I know dozens of Dr. Farjo's patients and forum members who would disagree with you.

But thanks for your opinion.

Best wishes,

Bill

True I am a minority in this debate which makes me think I'm likely to be out of order or wrong so I've decided not to bring it up again anywhere else as it is kind of harsh but it has been my honest thoughts at this present time. Farjos clearly care massively and as I've said the attention to detail in this video is the most impressive I've seen. Like most things in life if you try your best and care results will follow!

Edited by bonkerstonker

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

There have been quite a few threads recently from newbies looking for recommended clinics in the UK and there have been plenty of comments recommending Farjo.

I too have put Farjo at the top of my UK list and believe that he has earned this reputation. Unfortunately, I feel that there is limited competition.

(perhaps another debate in itself)

When it comes to world wide and when we talk about 'world class', where does Dr Farjo figure??

This is an open question and I have no preconceived ideas, although I rarely see Dr Farjo standing along side some of the big names. As already stated in another thread when making reference to Dr Bisanga, I don't see this as a bad quality so long as the results do the talking..

So where does Farjo stand when we talk about the elite?

Are there any Farjo patients willing to share their experience/ views / results on this thread?

Jessie

Edited by jessie1
note to self: proof read before posting!!!!

Hi Jessie yes sorry I've not really explained properly, I think farjo is the best in the uk all day long but I'm talking about the world stage and compared to the elite.

I've got my self into this debate a few times but am starting to feel now that just because I'm willing to travel anywhere in the world for a Ht I shouldn't really compare farjo on the world stage. The farjos clinic is a 30 minute drive from my house so I suppose part of me really wants them to be the best.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Bonkers,

No need to apologise at all, I posted my question after your responses.

I also agree that Farjo is the best in the UK but with limited and 'weak' competition.

I do not believe that Farjo is up there on the world stage, like you feel Bonkers.

It disappoints me as a UK lad, that we are not represented amongst the world elite.

As I stated above, it would be great to hear from Farjo patients and/or any views to the contrary.

Jessie

Jessie1,

i'm not sure it's necessary for any of Dr Farjos patients to come searching for posts/threads like this, you can go ahead and type in Dr Farjo on the search button here on the forum and then search out the results you get from there, send PMs, include yourself in the threads that have been started and include posts from Dr farjo patients, we've all had to do that with whichever surgeon we may be researching at any given time, they won't come to you so you have to go to them, it's that simple.

bonkerstonker,

You say you're 4 and a half months into your HT, but you've had previous HTs that right?

So are you hoping this 3rd or so HT will be able to stand up to your high standards, just curious.

...i really hope you get a 'blow you away' from your own experience and an outcome you can post here, look forward to your result, good luck mate!

i'll PM you.

so, back to Dr Farjo and why patients choose him, i don't think it's simple being down to people not wanting to travel outside the UK therefore he has people willing to go see him about HTs, i think it's the fact his credentials are what they are, and that is, pretty damn good yeah?

Edited by 57mph
stating i was sending a PM

Bonkers,

No need to apologise at all, I posted my question after your responses.

I also agree that Farjo is the best in the UK but with limited and 'weak' competition.

I do not believe that Farjo is up there on the world stage, like you feel Bonkers.

It disappoints me as a UK lad, that we are not represented amongst the world elite.

As I stated above, it would be great to hear from Farjo patients and/or any views to the contrary.

Jessie

There is a knowledgeable guy who posts on all the forums he's been around a long time and speaks very highly of farjos i think he's called balody or something like that, most of the other people i hear singing praises are people who have heard that they're the best in the uk and pass it on without much thought or self investigation. I asked these people for details when i was investigating where to have my latest ht, i was hoping it could be done in the uk.

My guess is most of farjos patients are people from the uk who know someone who have had a good experience with farjo and gone there them selves under the assumption they're the best in the world not people who have researched globaly over the net. A typical example of this is Duncan Banertine the dragons den multimillionaire i heard him say on tv farjo was a long way ahead of any other surgeon. I would be gob smacked if many people came from foreign countries to have a ht in the uk.

I'm afraid the british empire is not what it used to be!

Edited by bonkerstonker

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Jessie1,

i'm not sure it's necessary for any of Dr Farjos patients to come searching for posts/threads like this, you can go ahead and type in Dr Farjo on the search button here on the forum and then search out the results you get from there, send PMs, include yourself in the threads that have been started and include posts from Dr farjo patients, we've all had to do that with whichever surgeon we may be researching at any given time, they won't come to you so you have to go to them, it's that simple.

bonkerstonker,

You say you're 4 and a half months into your HT, but you've had previous HTs that right?

So are you hoping this 3rd or so HT will be able to stand up to your high standards, just curious.

...i really hope you get a 'blow you away' from your own experience and an outcome you can post here, look forward to your result, good luck mate!

i'll PM you.

so, back to Dr Farjo and why patients choose him, i don't think it's simple being down to people not wanting to travel outside the UK therefore he has people willing to go see him about HTs, i think it's the fact his credentials are what they are, and that is, pretty damn good yeah?

Now i think about it more it's not like i'm a snob or anything with unrealistic standards the high standard that i'm talking about are the results i see on here week in week out i'm not saying if i don't get massive wow result i'm gonna start crying i just want the average standard of the elite doctors that's why i spent 14 hours travelling and flew 13000 mile rather than falling out of bed and driving 30mins. Also there's the added bonus if you go with a surgeon who produces wow results on a regular basis you could find your self being one.

I think i'm done here now i don't wanna make this into a big thing really thanks for your thoughts though!

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

57mph,

I take your points. Of course it's not necessary for Farjo patients to post their comments. I also appreciate that research goes much further than mere invite alone. Research involves searching as well as creating threads, which many of us know.

I merely posted the invite as I was intrigued as to the thoughts of Farjo patients as I had not seen any posts from any so far, and secondly IMO, my comments seemed quite appropriate to the title of the thread, 'why people choose Dr Farjo for their HT.'

This wasn't borne out of negativity, I naturally thought that Farjo patients would chip in. I have nothing against Farjo, to the contrary it would seem that he is regarded by many as the best in the UK.

Bonkers,

There is definitely a gap in the market for a world class Doc to practice in the UK. There is a growing demand for it.

Jessie

good speaking to you guys, and yeah i best leave the thread, get myself on another someplace, haa

regards,

57mph

Bill,

This is why this Forum is here, for everyone to have an opinion.

Over the years like you,i have seen work (in person) from dozen's of clinics and i really do not see any difference from one to another.I am talking about the sort of places recommended on here.

We all have our favourites but if you see work in the flesh it always adds a new dimension to thinking.

Interestingly,we have dozens of patients every year who come to us from all corners of the globe.The internet truly makes the world a smaller place.

I am now about to spend a week on mountain bike and hopefully will survive any falls which seem to happen more these days

Mick

Patient coordinator for Dr. Bessam Farjo who is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Well put Mick.

Oh, and i'm sure you'll be safe on a bike with stabilisers...joke!

See you soon.

It would appear i was wrong about it being uk patients mainly so sorry for assuming that and thanks for clearing it up that's very interesting!

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Bonker,

As I've said, you are entitled to your opinion. However, having seen examples of Dr. Farjo's work on and off for years, I am convinced that Dr. Farjo produces results on par with other leading surgeons in the world.

You can view many of these patient results by doing a search for "Farjo" and by viewing our patient websites. You can also view the highlights from Pat's (Publisher of the Hair Transplant Network) visit at "Photos from May Visit to the Farjo Clinic in Manchester, England"

Best wishes,

Bill

I'm a Farjo patient (please have a look at my profile for background).

After a few weeks research (not 10 years!) I settled for Farjo because I could be guaranteed an acceptable result, at worst, and at best a good result. I had good donor area and I'm hoping for something reasonable, I am a realist and I know I'll never get the kind of hair I had at 38 (now 46).

The whole debate about which doc is good/bad is riddled with subjective opinions, some patients expect miracles, it cannot happen. I'd be happy to let any of the commonly nominated top 25 docs operate on me and I chose Farjo because he was close to home.

I don't think there is anything to be gained about being obsessive about which doctor is better etc. Choose one from the list of the best and you'll be MINIMISING your chances of a poor result. It's all about probabilities.