My hair transplant with Radha Rani 5 august 2011

cardel25

Hey dude,

I know that you have it in your signature, but is that all you've ever done in terms of medication?

I ask because you have had probably the best result from medication from anyone that I have ever seen on the HTN. It actually appears that it has regrown a significant portion of your hair, as opposed to simply preventing further loss. You looked like a NW5 in the pre-med pics, but in the post-med pics you looked like a NW3V!!!

So my question is this: is the regiment listed in your signature what you have been doing from the very beginning in terms of medication?

Also, have you experienced any side-effects?

Again, you have the best result from mediation that I have ever seen. You and I have similar hair characteristics so I'm interested to know because I'm seriously considering starting medication as well. Any advice you could give me would be appreciated.

Lastly, I hope your HT is coming along well. Be sure to post some pics in the coming months.

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey dude,

I know that you have it in your signature, but is that all you've ever done in terms of medication?

I ask because you have had probably the best result from medication from anyone that I have ever seen on the HTN. It actually appears that it has regrown a significant portion of your hair, as opposed to simply preventing further loss. You looked like a NW5 in the pre-med pics, but in the post-med pics you looked like a NW3V!!!

So my question is this: is the regiment listed in your signature what you have been doing from the very beginning in terms of medication?

Also, have you experienced any side-effects?

Again, you have the best result from mediation that I have ever seen. You and I have similar hair characteristics so I'm interested to know because I'm seriously considering starting medication as well. Any advice you could give me would be appreciated.

Lastly, I hope your HT is coming along well. Be sure to post some pics in the coming months.

Corvettester

Hey Corvettester.

I have never used anything that is not listed in my signature to prevent or reverse MPB.

Im glad that i am the best case you have ever seen. Its always nice to get a compliment :) And regarding your NW judgements i think that you are right. I do think that i was lucky i started just after the year where my loss of hair had accelerated most. I had a lot of hair that appeared to bee lost but i think that it was just very damaged and that i was on the verge of loosing it. But i also noticed hair regrowth all over my head especially from finasterid so there were also a lot of hair that was lost.

Finasterid, Minoxidil and Nizoral is the ones that gave me the most.

I experienced quite a lot of side effects actually. Fiasterid caused libido problems, and a very severe paint in my testicels, tiredness, cognitive deficit and so on. But i have tried medication before that caused lots of side effects so i knew that it was a matter of time before i got used to it. That turned out to be right.

Minoxidil caused me to sweat a lot more and rapid heartbeat (this is just in the hours after applying it), cognitive deficit, iching, red scalp.

Like Finasterid the side effects decreased over time.

I am now at that point that the side effects is close to none.

I have decreased the frequency that i use Finasterid and Minoxidil. Inow only use Finasterid 3 x a week and havent lost any hair. And my hair is still getting thicker. I actually think that there is a good reason in trying only to take it 1 x week. I will try that sometime in the future.

I only apply Minoxidil 1x a day now. There is really no reason applying it more for maintenance. Its virtually the same. I use H&S shampoo with almond oil instead of Emu oil now but both can contribute t reduce redness and itchiness from Minoxidil.

I do think that my HT is coming along well. I can feel that many of the hair has passed my heads surface so its starting to get very interesting.

I will post pictures next month.

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

1 mg 5 % Minoxidil once a day.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Head and Shoulders every day.

Nizoral 2 % one time a week.

Emu oil.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/cardel25/blog/403/

• 1 month later...

Hi Cardel 25,

It's been extremely informative and interesting reading your thread - thanks for all the time and effort you've put into it. I found it particularly useful as a northern european (British) with a hair pattern not dissimiliar from your own, but who does not want to pay the high prices in europe.

In fact your words of praise for your surgeon inspired me to make contact with Dr Rani, and I may be going to see her myself in Vizag. I'm waiting for a reply from her at the moment. If you don't mind I'd like to ask you few questions via PM or email, but only if you have the time at the moment.

I'm sure that I'm not the only member who is wondering how your HT is coming along since you last posted.

I hope it is going well, and that maybe your first signs of regrowth are appearing....

3 1/2 month update.

Please keep in mind that about 20 % of my original hair in some of the transplanted area was lost because of its poor texture. So i have regained that and gotten some more. Many of the transplanted hairs has grown trough the surface but they are still short and my original hair is long so they are not so noticable. Im going to get my first haircut in about a year in next week. Its nice to finally have long enough hair to do that :)

Im very satisfied so far.

5b32cfcd41fd6_ny004.jpg.519e42f0106ac10342564b2a4d590934.jpg

5b32cfcd60251_ny005.jpg.e45e2c3467b43c0d64f913e058597cda.jpg

5b32cfcd805b9_ny006.jpg.703d186a538e205930323747151c5707.jpg

5b32cfcd908eb_ny007.jpg.d1ad7a5b18548ab551751b86e5ef7a68.jpg

5b32cfcda37cf_ny009.jpg.f86f303606b248d7f52e7da75b2a6b55.jpg

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Emu oil.

Hi Cardel 25,

It's been extremely informative and interesting reading your thread - thanks for all the time and effort you've put into it. I found it particularly useful as a northern european (British) with a hair pattern not dissimiliar from your own, but who does not want to pay the high prices in europe.

In fact your words of praise for your surgeon inspired me to make contact with Dr Rani, and I may be going to see her myself in Vizag. I'm waiting for a reply from her at the moment. If you don't mind I'd like to ask you few questions via PM or email, but only if you have the time at the moment.

I'm sure that I'm not the only member who is wondering how your HT is coming along since you last posted.

I hope it is going well, and that maybe your first signs of regrowth are appearing....

Hi. Im glad that you found my tread informative. I cant recommend Radha highly enough im sure you will be trilled with the result.. You can ask me all the questions you want and you can do it her or via PM.

I have just updated this tread so you can view my progress.

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Emu oil.

Cardel25:

You received some very clean work. I'm an American actually of E. Indian descent and tbh, did not consider getting work done in India due to some hangups I have in terms of work ethic and infrastructure issues over there. That said, my personal experiences have been with those in N. India (New Delhi), whereas South Indians are known to be more honest and brainy, so it does not surprise me the quality of work that is obviously evident in your photos is from a doc from that region. I dropped the idea of having a HT a few months ago, opting to give meds a last ditch effort, but if that does not show some results in a couple months, I'm going to reconsider getting a HT. I am very interested in seeing progress of other patients... I will actually now give Indian surgeons serious consideration. I like the fact that the dollar has great value in smaller cities in India, I like the idea of vacationing and getting a transplant and recovering somewhere for a few weeks where no one in hell would know me and I do not care what they think. Also, being in India before it is one place that someone can really relax (i'm talking full body massages every day for like a couple bucks), relaxing at the beach, etc., etc..

The other thing that struck me in your post was the level of personal attention. I'm a business owner and personal attention is big on my list. Dr. Rahal is also known for personalized service (I had an in person consult with him btw), but I do not think it is to the level of what I read in your post.. that is really great feedback on Dr. Radha.

Please keep up the updates, and beautiful pics btw.

Good luck

Hi Cardel25

Thanks for the update and pics - I'm sure I'm one of many who wants to see how your story is going.

The first thing that struck me from your pics is how damn quick your hair grows!

The second thing was how your temples are fillling in very nicely, and how natural the work looks (something which is very important to me personally).

It looks like a great piece of work from Dr Rani.

Since you said it was okay I'll drop you a PM with a few questions if you don't mind. Thanks.

Cardel25:

You received some very clean work. I'm an American actually of E. Indian descent and tbh, did not consider getting work done in India due to some hangups I have in terms of work ethic and infrastructure issues over there. That said, my personal experiences have been with those in N. India (New Delhi), whereas South Indians are known to be more honest and brainy, so it does not surprise me the quality of work that is obviously evident in your photos is from a doc from that region. I dropped the idea of having a HT a few months ago, opting to give meds a last ditch effort, but if that does not show some results in a couple months, I'm going to reconsider getting a HT. I am very interested in seeing progress of other patients... I will actually now give Indian surgeons serious consideration. I like the fact that the dollar has great value in smaller cities in India, I like the idea of vacationing and getting a transplant and recovering somewhere for a few weeks where no one in hell would know me and I do not care what they think. Also, being in India before it is one place that someone can really relax (i'm talking full body massages every day for like a couple bucks), relaxing at the beach, etc., etc..

The other thing that struck me in your post was the level of personal attention. I'm a business owner and personal attention is big on my list. Dr. Rahal is also known for personalized service (I had an in person consult with him btw), but I do not think it is to the level of what I read in your post.. that is really great feedback on Dr. Radha.

Please keep up the updates, and beautiful pics btw.

Good luck

Hi Lionman. Thank you for your kind words.I think that all the things you reflect on in your post post is correct. I have never heard of anybody receiving so much personal care before a HT than i did. I really needed a lot of care because i misjudged a lot of things in India so Radha really stepped up and helped me more than i could ever have imagined. And for that i am forever thankful.

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Emu oil.

• 4 weeks later...

Absolutely Brilliant Cardel !!

I'm planning to undergo a HT at Dr Radha's clinic sometime in March. I had just emailed David about her, when I traced your thread again. Anyways, I'm really optimistic seeing your photos.

Can you pls do me a favor ? I understand end of the day its the Dr who knows best about my condition or if it can be handled. However, I have attached some photos taken of my head - sides / back about a month ago...Can you provide your opinion as someone who as undergone HT ?

Would appreciate your feedback..advice.. opinion...

BTW Happy Growing...and I hope to join your club :)

Regards,

Deep

5b32d0f198c50_HT002.jpg.bbc974be2fc10fe25f28a6a69ad9f568.jpg

5b32d0f1ae1d5_HT008.jpg.23c2c2ab7105baf9b9842904f5858b03.jpg

5b32d0f1bda05_HT0077.JPG.b2e6a5e7decf4f0c0ffac2f12a84301c.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. I have been of this community for some time besides answering a few emails. I have hust taken some pictures to update you on the process.I am still very happy with the results at the moment. I will later on reply to messages in this tread and emails that i havent replied yet.

Just for the record; these pictures are taken 5 months and 1 week post op. I asume that almost all the hair have come through the surface and that about 80-90 % are visible. But about 20 % of the hairs is not detectable from the pictures below but i can of course see them myself.

I am truly amazed by the transformation that i have done within the last year.

5b32d10a181ae_Nyebilleder009.jpg.f047cf7a102184aa51a3e22767a10216.jpg

5b32d10a244a3_Nyebilleder011.jpg.6f48dfdd5a87c6a01cc6f5550f342f05.jpg

5b32d10a3fdd8_Nyebilleder012.jpg.1fb09b1b8c819af056706bd81d8bc7d3.jpg

5b32d10a4bd04_Nyebilleder013.jpg.cd82fb4ba8621990224b3f3fbf1b7790.jpg

Edited by cardel25

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Emu oil.

Hey,

any update? I recall you stated your transplanted hairs never fell out:)

What about now? any recent photos?

thanks

They felt out after about one months but many of them have regrowth and the remaining will appear soon.

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Emu oil.

That is an amazing result. I was going to book a HT with Dr Radha, but something came up. I going to get one later this year.

Thank you :) She is a great surgeon.

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Emu oil.

Hi,

I'm booked in for a HT with Doctor Radha Rani on 29/02/2012. I'll update the community on how I progress.

Regards

Rod

Thats something i am looking much forward too. I will upload pictures again at the 9 month post op mark and then again at 12 months post op.

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Emu oil.

Hi Cardel25,

I think that its really important for the community to see the progress of a posters who have had HT's with surgeons who don't have much exposure on the site. I discovered when I was researching for a surgeon that many people create posts, indicating how great the surgeon was but never follow up with results.

There needs to be more options for forum members who live in Australia/Asia, apart from Thailand to have their HT's performed.

Regards

Rod

Thank you :) She is a great surgeon.

I should be thanking you. I was going to consider Dr Madhu due to his good rates. However, I saw your posts and changed my mind. After seeing your results, I am more convinced that Dr Radha is a good choice.

• 1 month later...
I should be thanking you. I was going to consider Dr Madhu due to his good rates. However, I saw your posts and changed my mind. After seeing your results, I am more convinced that Dr Radha is a good choice.

You're welcome. You have made a great choice.

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Emu oil.

I am now 6 months + post op. I am very thrilled with my result. Next month am i going to be a hair model actually. So i definitely got lots of hair now. Even though i am slacking on using minoxidil.

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Emu oil.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Oops i would have missed that post..

thanks RodG for letting me know..

I hope his results are much better than what he expected..:)

First HT with Dr. Radha Rani on 04/26/2012

Single - 514

Doubles - 2130

Triples- 230

Total Grafts = 2874

Total Hair = 5464

amazing result...congrats

it's look like Dr. Radha done a very good hair transplant for you and treat you like a customer and more important like a friend

congrats once again

Thank you for your post. I totally agree with you.

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Emu oil.