My hair transplant with Radha Rani 5 august 2011

cardel25

Hi all.

I decided on Radha Rani after a lot of consideration and research. I can tell you that she has been trained by Dr. Pat. I am very happy that i took the decision to get a hair transplant from her. She is a sweet, intelligent, warm, caring and a top surgeon. She have replied every mail i send the clinic herself instead of letting one of her assistants do it.

I received 2694 grafts.

1 hair grafts:628. 2 hair grafts:1970. 3 hair grafts: 96. Total no. of grafts: 2694 FUG.

Total no. of hair: 4856.

They was placed in my front and my temporal region.

This is the case described by Radha :

Case: Plan to give a new hairline, fill in the fronto-temporal angles, narrow down the face by transplanting the temples.

In my front region the transplanted hair should give a a density of 50 and my temples the density should be 35. But both numbers will be higher because i had some hairs in that region before. It was hair i regrow thanks to minoxidil so they were thin and not so strong. Rani suggested that 80 % of them will survive. The low rate is because of the hair charakteristika. Normally it wouldnt be a (big) problem inserting hairs next to existing ones.

She was present at all time during my surgery. She inserted all the grafts that was inserted in my frontline which was the most.

One of her technicians who she referred to as her temporal expert inserted the grafts in that region while Radha supervised her.

The surgery was close to painless. I would rate the pain level at 0.5 on a 0-10 scale. There is close to no swelling and the stiching is very nicely done.

I can tell you that i slept like a child the same night i had surgery and today me and my girlfriend was out seeing some of Visakhapatnams attractions. Radha helped us a lot we had booked a stay at a hotel that turned out to be awful. She got a friend of her to drive us to the hotel and pick up our stuff and go to one of the best hotels in town which she got us a discount close to 50 % for. Her driver picked us up at the airport when we arrived. She gave me breakfast and dinner at surgery day and dropped me off at the hotel. She have promised to give me 2 years supply of finpecia a generic version of propecia. She supplied me with mild shampoo to use post op. Her charge is 50 Rs. per graft which is approximately 1.1 USD.

All in all it has been a superb experience and i cant recommend her enough. I am looking forward to update you on the process. Please look at my blog if you wish to read about how it has been loosing my hair and combatting to get it back.

IMG_9189.jpg.9363e52b3ea60049ef4de8194dbb1e14.jpg

IMG_9192.jpg.52b22e02829a86643c304f21770a70ce.jpg

IMG_9194.jpg.335ad804ecc6fe0c45a6e9d9471ce265.jpg

IMG_9197.jpg.acc97eb18e4767978315a0f5444ae31c.jpg

IMG_9200.jpg.e09f0531106e07c14d9bcd2996694f3d.jpg

IMG_9201.jpg.aafcabb7f618cb161230100e2ce723f1.jpg

IMG_9202.jpg.82c586920c0cff427a4ecbea5b9f850f.jpg

IMG_9203.jpg.8f2ed8cd11ac8c42e5a6e6bf79b5f859.jpg

IMG_9205.jpg.c63b9bae8b0a33c0b70b7209707a5989.jpg

IMG_9210.jpg.fb76d93c22782d02285290ac1c7273f5.jpg

IMG_9217.jpg.4e87b73810238de8aee1acff0ba44b4a.jpg

IMG_9220.jpg.44eef94fb52b9bf34fdfa19ab31eb345.jpg

IMG_9222.jpg.7b8e0b56d18c9c8ddbe9d2a834fa8b84.jpg

IMG_9227.jpg.9287dca21d8caab38311fd0c728b9aec.jpg

IMG_9229.jpg.529cd27adce4eb8e68e9bbc7250666a7.jpg

IMG_9230.jpg.52ef820aede69577b28aec172a0620e8.jpg

Edited by cardel25

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

1 mg 5 % Minoxidil once a day.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Head and Shoulders every day.

Nizoral 2 % one time a week.

Emu oil.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/cardel25/blog/403/

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Thank you for updating the community regarding your HT with Doctor Radha Rani. It sounds like she went 'above and beyond' her responsibilities to ensure that everything went well for you.

Do yourself a favour and make sure that you rest sufficiently and either wear a hat or make sure that your head is out of direct sunlight when you are outside. I found the first 4 days were the hardest after the procedure and once the stitches were removed my recovery was very quick. In regard to a previous conversation that we had I'm wondering whether you were able to ascertain where her technicians were trained?

I will be watching with interest the progress of your HT results over the coming months.

Kind Regards

Rod

Edited by RodG

Hi Rod.

I could judge by the color of their skin and their accents that they were of different nationality. I forgot to ask her were her technicians were trained. But i think that some of them were trained at Pats clinic. I will ask her when i get my stiches removed. What supported this idea was her expert tech who did my temples i would estimate her nationality as thai.

I got a treatment that was more than superb. She gave me her cell number and told me to call her at all hours if i had any concerns even though if it was in the middle of the night i shouldnt hesitate to call she said. She would respond to my every phone call. They called my girlfriend to tell her i was fine during surgery she stayed at the hotel Rani set up for us.

Because that she is a influencial person with friends that have big influence in the city they treat us like royalties.

I really love her patient care and that its not like a hair transplant shop - like some of Madhus patient describe their experience. She takes a lot of time to each person and only did my surgery that day. And when she supervise ones surgery all the time she isnt in the middle of 2-3 more surgerys or having a lot of consultations. I believe that Madhu is charging 3.3 USD pr graft if you want him to concentrate on your surgery alone that day - please correct me if i am wrong.

She also offers to arrange ones trip so you dont have to worry about that. That includes flight tickets and hotel booking.

Thank you for your tip.

Edited by cardel25

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Emu oil.

Congratulations, great pictures, it looks like a nice job, I will be watching with intrest as I am about to book with Dr. Madhu for October time but I will await your feedback through your recovery

Thank you - i am sure that she have did a great job. I will keep you updated with frequent pictures. The next ones i will upload will be after getting stiches removed in 3 days time.

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Emu oil.

As i suspected 2 of her technicians were trained at Dr. Pats DHT Clinic. As a sidenote i can tell you that Vizag is a very beautiful and nice city. I will upload pictures of the city when i return to Denmark. My next update will include pictures from after i get my sutures removed. Im looking forward to that. Right now me and my girlfriend has seen the most of the things there is to see in Vizag so we will enjoy roomservice and relax.

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Emu oil.

Hi,

Now that you know that 2 of the technicians are from DHT Clinic it must also add to your confidence of a successful HT. I also had a look at strip taken from your donor site and Doctor Rhada's work looks very neat.

It is my understanding that the technicians are just as important as the surgeon in the whole HT process. I'll send you some photographs when I return home from holiday of my recent follow up visit that I had at DHT Clinic for your information.

Anyway, happy healing and I wish you the best.

Regards

Rod

Edited by RodG

Hi,

Now that you know that 2 of the technicians are from DHT Clinic it must also add to your confidence of a successful HT. I also had a look at strip taken from your donor site and Doctor Rhada's work looks very neat.

It is my understanding that the technicians are just as important as the surgeon in the whole HT process. I'll send you some photographs when I return home from holiday of my recent follow up visit that I had at DHT Clinic for your information.

Anyway, happy healing and I wish you the best.

Regards

Rod

It def looks very neat. Having meet her and talked to her i have no doubt that the result will look great. She is so determined to do a good job. She have worked herself 1 1/2 year at the DHT clinic. I have attached a picture that shows what Dr. Pathomvanich has to say about her.

IMG_9372.jpg.cc4e07d0aca101b881274f298e14c6c3.jpg

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Emu oil.

Congrats for the Transplant. Your work looks pretty good.

I had my Hair Transplant three days after you had, so, it seems like, we will grow together...:)

Take care and Happy Growing..!!

Thank you very much. Whom did your hair transplant ? Was it also Radha or ?

Happy growing to you aswell :)

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Emu oil.

Congratz on your hairtransplant. Hope that your result will turn out great. I just read your description of how Madhu performed your surgery. And it made me reflect on some of the things that really was good about my procedure. Radha told me everything that was going to happen prior to the operation and then again during the operation. So i was assure all the time what was going on. She performed most of the procedure herself as i have already wrote. She inserted the frontal grafts herself. And she supervised the one of her tecs that inserted the temporal grafts. And she was in my operating room all the time. Except when i had lunch break. She told me that during surgery she turns off her phone and concentrate 100 % on her patient. She showed me how her tecs extracted the grafts from the donor slip. I had a look myself in the microscope.

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Emu oil.

Congratz on your hairtransplant. Hope that your result will turn out great. I just read your description of how Madhu performed your surgery. And it made me reflect on some of the things that really was good about my procedure. Radha told me everything that was going to happen prior to the operation and then again during the operation. So i was assure all the time what was going on. She performed most of the procedure herself as i have already wrote. She inserted the frontal grafts herself. And she supervised the one of her tecs that inserted the temporal grafts. And she was in my operating room all the time. Except when i had lunch break. She told me that during surgery she turns off her phone and concentrate 100 % on her patient. She showed me how her tecs extracted the grafts from the donor slip. I had a look myself in the microscope.

Thanks for the wishes...I also really wish and hope that both of our result turn out to be good.

And its good to hear about your experience with Dr. Radha.

About my experience, I guess you have already read it completely. Dr. Madhu did not himself implant any grafts on me...It was all done by 4 technicians, while Dr. Madhu did come and supervised it. However, removal of donor strip and closing it was completely done by him.

I also did see his techs extracting the grafts, but the idea of seeing from the microscope did not click me at that point of time

Anywayz, lets hope for the wonderful results for both of us.

Thanks for the wishes...I also really wish and hope that both of our result turn out to be good.

And its good to hear about your experience with Dr. Radha.

About my experience, I guess you have already read it completely. Dr. Madhu did not himself implant any grafts on me...It was all done by 4 technicians, while Dr. Madhu did come and supervised it. However, removal of donor strip and closing it was completely done by him.

I also did see his techs extracting the grafts, but the idea of seeing from the microscope did not click me at that point of time

Anywayz, lets hope for the wonderful results for both of us.

Thanks for your wishes. What Madhu did and normally does is the minimum that is required by a doctor. But he has shown consistent results and it is possible to find good technicians :) So i am sure that your result will be great. Especially when you say that you got him to correct the hairline so i was good. I have seen some cases from him where the patients had an uneven hairline. I prefer that the doctor insert these grafts because thats the most vital ones. But when you corrected the hairline im sure that you will get a great result. Will continue to follow your progress. Happy growing :)

NB: you were lucky he didnt had any other surgerys that day. So he had more time to you.

Edited by cardel25

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Emu oil.

How do you fell after your Transplant. Have a happy growing.

Thanks. I am feeling qiute good and i have no pain at all. Im looking forward to beiing able to shave my head so i can get rid of this funny looking haircut :)

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Emu oil.

I have decided to uplaod some fotos of the town where Radha has her clinic - Visakhapatnam.

Two of the pictures i from the local zoo where there were a white tiger, bears, indian elephants and a hippo.

5b32cf0ede67e_Indien176.jpg.589e68619eb72be2e724211697f47715.jpg

5b32cf0f163f8_Indien132.jpg.6c3fcd9ee91737ba3af4957e5a56466a.jpg

5b32cf0f2bf41_Indien175.jpg.63193a1ff8248b2f006fd9f428011d89.jpg

5b32cf0f46c00_Indien206.jpg.dda7fba6f75e653884c3470b89574f08.jpg

5b32cf0f67545_Indien245.jpg.b26052c0b61f84dad9bdd802aa4cfe9d.jpg

5b32cf0f8ce75_Indien256.jpg.6371a4a448a278f09a7979d0f8e362f3.jpg

5b32cf0f9fde9_Indien164.jpg.018a7aa501dd05d392e4b48edf374bd2.jpg

5b32cf0fb2439_Indien101.jpg.f7d9d7b7ac50bf4b1c896db8ddbdbb52.jpg

5b32cf0fc90c9_Indien118-Kopi.jpg.171586742a1d750fc72f94dddf98d2e2.jpg

5b32cf0fe6578_Indien165.jpg.dee047748a88b9bba4906c7eaa6e5230.jpg

5b32cf10401a1_Indien211.jpg.8e990a3ed92e2ff0b5267fc1efc9f381.jpg

5b32cf1053714_Indien237.jpg.0b86763ac841f5d4637850257812c6fb.jpg

5b32cf1072e6e_Indien182.jpg.e077ee7ec949e31421e116361eeb21d5.jpg

5b32cf10830bb_Indien261.jpg.7d1973653fc2525c96b1f82caf1388a7.jpg

Edited by cardel25

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Emu oil.

Thanks for your wishes. What Madhu did and normally does is the minimum that is required by a doctor. But he has shown consistent results and it is possible to find good technicians :) So i am sure that your result will be great. Especially when you say that you got him to correct the hairline so i was good. I have seen some cases from him where the patients had an uneven hairline. I prefer that the doctor insert these grafts because thats the most vital ones. But when you corrected the hairline im sure that you will get a great result. Will continue to follow your progress. Happy growing :)

NB: you were lucky he didnt had any other surgerys that day. So he had more time to you.

Completely agree with you on this. Anywayz, allz well that ends well...So if the result is good, I will be happy..:)

Bytheway, Since you have used it and saw great results, wanted a suggestion from you regarding medication.

Before my Hair Transplant, I used Finasteride 1 mg daily and Minoxidil 10% 2 ml once a day, for around 7 months and saw great results.

Now, had stopped Minoxidil for the Transplant, but will start using it next week.

The confusion now is should I start with 5% or continue with 10%. Dr. Madhu says that use 5% twice a day and dont use 10% now. Also, I will cut down on Finax to M W F as you do.

What do you suggest??? Did Dr. Radha say anything on this?

Edited by simplycomplicated

Completely agree with you on this. Anywayz, allz well that ends well...So if the result is good, I will be happy..:)

Bytheway, Since you have used it and saw great results, wanted a suggestion from you regarding medication.

Before my Hair Transplant, I used Finasteride 1 mg daily and Minoxidil 10% 2 ml once a day, for around 7 months and saw great results.

Now, had stopped Minoxidil for the Transplant, but will start using it next week.

The confusion now is should I start with 5% or continue with 10%. Dr. Madhu says that use 5% twice a day and dont use 10% now. Also, I will cut down on Finax to M W F as you do.

What do you suggest??? Did Dr. Radha say anything on this?

Your transplant def looks good from the pictures you have added.

I would def recommend only using finasterid on alternate days. I have far less sides. Just remember to take pictures to document that you dont loose to much hair. I think that switching to a 5 % minoxidil solution can be close to using the 10 % solution. The higher strenght solution wont (as i have read) regrow more hair but only do something for the hair texture. I can also recommend only using minoxidil once a day when u have used it for some time. Dr. Bernstein who is recommended here writes why that would be sufficient for maintainence .Dr Radha just suggested me to stick to my regimen if it had worked for me.

Edited by cardel25

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Emu oil.

Your transplant def looks good from the pictures you have added.

I would def recommend only using finasterid on alternate days. I have far less sides. Just remember to take pictures to document that you dont loose to much hair. I think that switching to a 5 % minoxidil solution can be close to using the 10 % solution. The higher strenght solution wont (as i have read) regrow more hair but only do something for the hair texture. I can also recommend only using minoxidil once a day when u have used it for some time. Dr. Bernstein who is recommended here writes why that would be sufficient for maintainence .Dr Radha just suggested me to stick to my regimen if it had worked for me.

Well ya...Finax will be alternate days for sure.

Mintop 10 or Mintop 5 is the confusion. Since I was already using Mintop 10, I have five packed bottles with me in store. Now, should I go and try to get it replaced with Mintop 5 or continue with it.

In both the cases, I would like to stick to using it only once in the night, which I have been doing for months.

Well ya...Finax will be alternate days for sure.

Mintop 10 or Mintop 5 is the confusion. Since I was already using Mintop 10, I have five packed bottles with me in store. Now, should I go and try to get it replaced with Mintop 5 or continue with it.

In both the cases, I would like to stick to using it only once in the night, which I have been doing for months.

If you already have 10 % in stock i would use them if i were you. There are lots that have used Dr. Lees minoxidil after HT and that also contains 10 % minoxidil. So i really cant see why it should be a problem. The 5 % could be a little more gentle to the skin but the 10 % wont damage any grafts or anthing important.

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Emu oil.

If you already have 10 % in stock i would use them if i were you. There are lots that have used Dr. Lees minoxidil after HT and that also contains 10 % minoxidil. So i really cant see why it should be a problem. The 5 % could be a little more gentle to the skin but the 10 % wont damage any grafts or anthing important.

Thanks for the suggestion mate.

I am now 14 days post op. I have attached some pictures. I can see i had a bit of a schock loss in my left region but the hairs are coming back. I will buy a comb(?) in near future so i can show the scar better.

I cant upload the pictures here but i can upload them to my profile ?

Edited by cardel25

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Emu oil.