Will Dermmatch Stay On Dry

Hey all I noticed a post from user dhuge67 and he had some pretty amazing results with this product. He applies Dermmatch dry, he also does a very good job at making it look natural on his shaved head. I myself have a shaved head and I'm thinking about trying this. I could be wrong but he never mentions if Dermmatch stayed on dry, through wind, rain etc... Also if a girl were to run her hands over my shaved head, because some girls like the feeling of shaved hair, would it come off onto her hands dry? Anyone know about this?

Good question. Applying dermmatch without dampening the applicator brush? That's interesting. I always (1) wet the applicator first (2) apply the dermmatch and comb it through (3) let it air dry (4) and comb it through again. For me it's much easier to apply that way. However, if applying it dry works best for you and you like the look then I see no problem with that.

Wind won't affect dermmatch but might mess up your hair if it's long enough. Rain won't affect dermmatch unless you are hanging outside during a torrential down pour. Running hands through it could get some of the color on the hands - but I always say that it's a hair paste/gel product. This excuse might not fly if you shave your head though. It really depends how long you keep it.

I would give it a try and see for yourself because my hair is different than yours. I trailed and errored a lot of concealers before I settled on a routine. Hope this helps.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I was in the same boat as you. I shaved my head down to a 5mm buzz and hated it, as my hair is really thick so it is obvious that my hairline is receding, as the difference in hair thickness was so noticeable, despite there being some 'peach fuzz' hair there. I ordered dermmatch and applied it dry for a while. I scratched the surface with the handle of the applicator and then applied the powder I dislodged. It looked ok, but really did not stay on very well, just running your hands through your hair removed it. I now wet the applicator as little as possible, literally turn my tap on and off and then catch a singular drop of water on the applicator, then rub on the dermmatch until it looks dry, and then apply to my temples.

This works very well, the dermmatch thickens up my temples so I go from NW2 to a NW1, so it is barely noticeable that I am balding. Although I feel that you have hair shorter than the 5mm buzz I do, applying dermmatch will simply look like painting your scalp.