Other Cosmetic Surgery Forums? My GF may get a nose job.

haha title says it all.. are there any forums that you guys suggest for a rhinoplasty

(is that what its called??)

she def. doesnt need one in my opinion, but if she gets it done.. I want to make she gets it done right!

Thank you in advance!

Edited by ChrisHT_by_DrCharles

That is a fricking brutal surgery, and you should do a LOT of research. Good plastic surgery is only good if you cannot tell it has been done (Maybe with the exception of breast augmentation :) )

I have seen a lot of bad nose jobs. I do not have a direction to point, but I am sure there are forums, at that would definately be the place I would go to so you can find the right doc with plenty kudos.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Forums like MakeMeHeal have a rhinoplasty section and Miss Js Facial plastic surgery forum is excellent. Its an op with a high revision rate so lots of research is required.

Rhinoplasty, despite being quite common, does indeed have a high revision as it is notoriously complicated. That said, in very skilled hands, it can really make a positive difference and change a person's life and self-esteem.

As with HT, researching surgeons, going to consultations, looking at the surgeon history/revision rate, speaking to previous patients and so on is crucially important. You're looking for someone very skilled, has lots of experiences in rhinoplasty and someone you feel you can trust (and isn't bullshitting you). In this case, you may even find that an ENT surgeon may be a better fit than a plastic surgeon.

As previously mentioned, sites like MakeMeHeal, RealSelf, LookYourBest and RateMDs should all give you a sound basis for research.

And like HT, no-one needs rhinoplasty save for broken/damaged/deformed noses. But like all elective surgery, that doesn't mean that it is not very important to the person who is unhappy with their appearance. Just make sure you give her your full support and love whatever she decides. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Your GF is very cute and definitely doesn't "need" a nose job, but I can understand why she wants one. Just do the research and only do it with a top tier doctor as nose jobs have one of the highest complication rates of all plastic surgery. The upside is that a mis-shaped nose is the most notable to one's appearance as it's right in the middle of the face so the benefit can be great if done properly.

I have seen this thread before. No wonder he looked familiar. It's that guy from hairlossfromsteroids website. I been watching his videos about haircare products ever since I found his review of lipogaine on youtube. He's got great reviews.

I would be careful about going to anything other than a plastic surgeon who only does rhinoplasty and maybe a few selected other things. Rhinplasty is practically THE most notoriously difficult popular elective surgery and she needs to have at least 4-5 consults to make sure she is comfortable with someone who has made the decision to take on a large amount of rhinoplasty cases per year. Try to find someone who will take a very conservative approach. A fried on mine was shopping for one and basically was told that she needed her septum fixed by a couple surgeons before a very skilled and sought after surgeon told her she absolutely did not, and it was just the other surgeons trying to pad the bill.

• 2 weeks later...

Well in case anyone checks this thread, I have my own experience with rhinoplasty. This thread is quite old I know. Well I just had rhinoplasty 2 1/2 weeks ago. I went out of the country to get it done. Something important to keep in mind is this. My doctor asked this question when consulting. "Are you prepared for a new face? " He explained that the nose is the center of the face and is unconsciously used to identify one another. It is possible for people not to recognize you. People that have known you for a long time may have to acclimate themselves to the new you. And you may have to become accustomed to the new you as well.

Well in case anyone checks this thread, I have my own experience with rhinoplasty. This thread is quite old I know. Well I just had rhinoplasty 2 1/2 weeks ago. I went out of the country to get it done. Something important to keep in mind is this. My doctor asked this question when consulting. "Are you prepared for a new face? " He explained that the nose is the center of the face and is unconsciously used to identify one another. It is possible for people not to recognize you. People that have known you for a long time may have to acclimate themselves to the new you. And you may have to become accustomed to the new you as well.

From your own experience so far, do you think it is worth it? I notice that some doctors truly have art to this very delicate procedure while some may make things worse. Was there reasons you went overseas for it? It's a very delicate process & I agree, it is basically changing your face because the nose is the center of the face. Some plastic surgeons make tons of money and do sub par work, even in and around the hollywood area. You can see this on celebrities that have had various procedures done. Very few have looks that can be considered natural but some can show distinct hints of a "job" being done. This is what scares me about rhinoplasty. If you do it, is it the way you want, just perfect, or will there be some minor flaws that make you want to regret it. It has to be flawless because I fear there may not be any chance of going back. I do go back and forth with this, but I am still paranoid about it as I don't want any emotional stress if it's not done right to suit my face.

• 8 months later...

There are many websites similar to this one dedicated to surgeon reviews by patients for cosmetic procedures. Realself.com is one that is very popular right now and can help you see what actual patients think about their procedures and surgeons.

As always the more research you can do before deciding, the better.