Dutasteride .5mg + Nizoral 2%

WheredItGo2

Hey there guys. I noticed not many people walking into the unknown world of Dutasteride due to the lack of study on hairloss and the fact that there has been no FDA approval. Well let me be your guinea pig. First off, I had first heard of Finasteride shorty after my nineteenth birthday and I quickly jumped on it. Shortly after I saw a commercial for Rogaine and quickly jumped on that. Here's my story so far. I had been on Generic Finasteride for twelve months as well as 2% Rogaine for roughly the same time. It has been a long and painfully slow road to walk on as I have had no results with these two products. Last month I was researching Google and Wikipedia and found the drug Dutasteride, while I had noticed it was not FDA approved I felt after reading a ton of success stories, as well as a lot of horror stories that I would give it a shot, the horror stories did not scare me because I noticed many of these horror stories were from men above the age of 40, they had already lost a ton of hair and most of us know, once it's dead, it's dead and there's no bringing it back without a HT or a miracle. I made an appointment with my doctor and she prescribed me .5mg of Dutasteride one time dailey with or without food. I had also purchased 5% Rogaine and applied this for one month but had to quit due to money. It has been 11 days on Dutasteride and I have to say that I had some noticeable side effects right away, I don't know how to explain it. I felt the Dutasteride was making me more alert and increasing my sex drive as well as giving me rock hard erections, on the negative side, I had terrible mood swings and aggression. The aggression has disappeared after day 10 but the libido has stayed the same. Hair shed has happened rather quickly. I'm unsure if it's the change in drugs or the Dutasteride working for me. I had read a few posts that some people like to call this "a shock" when changing medication due to the change in chemicals. I know what you mean by "a shock" the hair doesn't know what to do with this new chemical and perhaps "hides" in fear. I have to say that I am still very optimistic as I know shedding is a good sign and for the positive posts about Dutasteride regrowth always follows for younger guys like myself. I have taken some pictures of my hair at day 11 and will keep posting every month. I would like to let you know that I am not an expert nor are my opinions true or false, I'm 20 years old and I'm just going to share my experience with you in hopes I can make the Dutasteride future a little brighter, if not we will see only time will tell. If you have any questions please ask as I may have left out some important information you need to know. Thank you and I look forward to speaking with you.

P.S.

Sorry about the lighting in my pictures, I will make a better effort to have proper lighting in future photos.

5b32ceb8d1053_Picture001.jpg.9ee255e61c25c21e1265b77e392c36fe.jpg

5b32ceb8eb7d7_Picture002.jpg.164eca6b1699c030f599ae76b0bb46bb.jpg

5b32ceb90e615_Picture003.jpg.e069f514ad546824809d1f41d33ee2fb.jpg

5b32ceb9240bb_Picture006.jpg.eb9632923d70ed94552dbdb78c3581b1.jpg

5b32ceb9370ea_Picture057.jpg.c3a8ab3177db6c4fe865f1252eb73d52.jpg

5b32ceb95e287_Picture043.jpg.dc872e1a11eb6cb0c837473560bcb0f6.jpg

I actually have experience with dutasteride. and some thoughts for you.

I used up to 2mg a day, yes 2mg a day. I actually did not find it anymore effective than an ~equivalent amount of finasteride (say 10mg?). I used generic dutasteride purchased legally from a British pharmacy. While using Dutasteride I was on at least 500mg of testosterone. My testosterone was about 15x the regular guy. I certainly would have taken that dosage had I been at a normal testosterone level ~80mg-100mg.

I wish you luck with dutasteride, start off low since the half life is about 5 weeks!

Message me if you have any questions.

Hey ChrisHT_by_DrCharles thank you for your reply and thoughts. I am curious though, may I ask how long you had been losing hair before starting dutasteride, and if you don't mind me asking just how old you are? Also does it concern you that higher testosterone levels in some men can cause hair loss? Correct me if I'm wrong but I've read some posts saying that high testosterone can actually speed up hair loss? Last question for you, you say Dutasteride wasn't any more effective for you then Finasteride, why do you feel so when Dutasteride blocks both type I and type II 5-alpha-reductase, shouldn't this be more effective, how long were you taking Dutasteride before you quit?

• 10 months later...

@ WheredItGo2, How do you fee the Avodart now? cze i have hit my 3 month mark and the hair recession almost stopped but not completely yet, and i have never seen any positive results so far? Thinning is observed every where in Vertex and hairline, was wondering to continue the treatment or STOP it, Appreciate if you share your experience in details.

• 1 year later...