Dr. Hasson/8402 Grafts/One Session/4 Months

Obviously, this is a great result---the kind of thing that only a few clinics in the world could likely pull off. And this is why Hasson & Wong has the reputation it does. But ironically, I think the result actually underscores the limitations of modern hair-transplant surgery. After all, here's a patient who had everything going for him. First, he had great donor density. Second, he had great scalp laxity. Third, he was a strong NW 5 without much lateral or vertical drop. Fourth, he was able to get a startling number of grafts. And last, he had one of the best surgeons on the planet. But despite all these advantages, the midscalp and vertex are still see-through in the pictures, which, it should be noted, are notoriously lenient when it comes to judging HTs. And that's not a knock; after all, this guy was slick bald. It's just a reminder of how many grafts are needed to obscure baldness. They were able to pour nearly 8500 grafts into a NW5, and the daunting reality of it all is that he could probably use another 8500. That's what we're up against here.

Edited by Shadow of the EMpire State

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming from where he was I don't think he'll give a dam about another op and at the rate he's been growing at it's likely it's gonna fill in more over the next few months or it might be that fast growers don't improve much at the back of the year, it will be very interesting to see how much more this can improve.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

ffar,

I have no idea what the density is. Btw, love your new Avatar. I'm a fan:)

Empire State,

Per usual your observations are astute. You are correct in that this does show the limitations in that surgical hair restoration does not restore a full head of hair for advanced NW patients. With the right numbers and with proper placement it can make a huge step toward looking like only minor thinning has occurred. Add in the right hair style and it usually works pretty darn good. I'll add that these photos were taken outdoors so this helps to put things into perspective even further.

Orlhair1,

I'm not sure but I believe that would be a safe assumption. How much earlier is difficult to say so I tell everyone to give it a year or more for the final FINAL result to be realized as there is more to a final result than just the growth. The hair changes in subtle ways such as improved texture, the way it lays, etc.

Paraphil,

I agree, the few grey hairs do add a certain dimension that would not be there with just solid black hair but that is why salt & pepper colored hair is always the best for coverage.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Simply amazing, nothing more to say.

Joe, in one of the threads I remember you saying that donor for the 2nd and 3rd procedures lower by %70. So this means he has 5881 for 2nd and 4116 for 3rd??? Imean if I'm correct, he may get 18,000 grafts??? I mean not in exact numbers but estimate??

• 1 month later...

Aza,

Sorry, I didn't see your question earlier. I believe the "law of diminishing harvesting" as I coined the phrase does not apply to this patient. This is more of a general guideline meant for typical patients that have average characteristics. While some of this law applies to the patient in this thread (with 8402 grafts) I think the overall returns would be less but he can still get in the range of 13,000 to 15,000 grafts should he so wish or need.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Joe,

Thank you for the answer. Eventhough your famous "law of diminishing harvesting" theory does not apply here, it still does not eliminate the fact the more you get at the first time, more you are going to end up:)

Sorry to bother you but one last question; Will there be a difference in your final no of donor supply whether you start with a megasession or just have minor of grafts in each procedure?

• 2 weeks later...

And now it's time for the nine months update.

Here is the patient's before/afters from four months...

hwmp84004months_001.jpg?2135437959

hwmp84004months_002.jpg?345409199

hwmp84004months_003.jpg?1849245276

hwmp84004months_004.jpg?790264918

Here is the nine month result. You can expect a full video and new photos in the spring once we return from our trip to Spain as the patient offered to meet us in Madrid for a final update.

tn_dscn6681.jpg

tn_dscn6672.jpg?i=642973560

tn_dscn6673.jpg?i=1575874174

tn_dscn6674.jpg?i=1186104248

tn_dscn6675.jpg?i=825991862

tn_dscn6676.jpg?i=984990437

tn_dscn6679.jpg?i=54970670

WOW...what a result and what a yield for 8,400 in one session!!! Great job H&W!!!

@#$%&!

Edited by aaron1234
Cleaning up my language this jaw dropping result caused...

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• 2 years later...

wow- just seeing these photos now- lucky guy!!

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

This patient came to Dr. Hasson to address as much of his hair loss as possible. He was classified between a NW5A and NW6 and received 8402 grafts in one session. Placement was spread from the new hairline well into the crown with a new whorl pattern established for good coverage.

The patient sent us the photos below that I paired up with his before photos to show what is happening at only four months post-op. Obviously, he has much more improvement to expect and with his permission I'll update this case as new photos become available.

hwmp84004months_001.jpg?2135437959

hwmp84004months_002.jpg?345409199

hwmp84004months_003.jpg?1849245276

hwmp84004months_004.jpg?790264918

Hey Jotronic,

This topic came up in another thread- and I'm not sure if you will see it-- but now that I'm curious, I have to ask (hope I don't annoy anyone asking a similar question in 2 threads)-- but your input is like Gold to some of us.. so here goes:

In your patient's BEFORE pic, he kind looks like Matt Lauer..

I am attaching a pic of Matt Lauer that shows his recent hair loss status.

If Matt Lauer were to get a hair transplant, could he be as lucky in getting as good results?

I'm guessing not because Lauer's donor region does not appear to be as high quality as your patient's pic. How much hope would there be for someone in Lauer's case, compared to your guy? I just wish there was a better way of predicting expected results.

jotronicspostedpics.JPG.f88a236fda12840a63c974be7659aed4.JPG

5b32ddc0433b4_mattlauer.jpg.2ed11958e7209d39071a2ccadef929e5.jpg

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.