Sucessfull hair transplant 1 year results!

My hair line started receding when I was entering college, and after graduating I decided to visit local surgeons and decide who I trusted the most to conduct the procedure. I had around 1600 grafts transplanted by Dr. William Lindsey of NOVA Hair Restoration. Dr. Lindsey has established a quick and remarkably painless procedure and was assisted by a strong group of medical assistants and nurses. After the procedure I spent about 4 days recovering and did not engage in much physical activity. After 6 days I had the stitches removed and there was a noticeable scar (I have very short hair). The scar has since then practically disappeared despite my very short haircut. It is about three months after my surgery and I can already see a good amount of the transplanted hair growing back; some as developed hair and the rest as "peach fuzz." I highly recommend Dr Lindsy and quickly came to the conclusion that he was the most knowledgeable and professional surgeon of the 3 or 4 I met with prior to deciding on NOVA hair restoration.

Update after 1 year-

Nothing but pure results. My new hair has grown back and has been growing for several months now. It looks natural and I treat it just like the rest of my hair. The only difference is it seems to grow a bit faster, which is good. The hair on top of my head is also a lot thicker no doubt thanks to propecia. However propecia alone would not be enough to get these results. The 1600 grafts really filled out my hairline and I have a natural looking full-bodied head of hair to be proud of. Dr. Lindsey delivered and I am left with much more than I expected going into the procedure. Never had a problem post-op and went in for regular visits at least half a dozen times to catch up with Dr Lindsey and to have pictures taken to track my progress. Looking at pictures from before my surgery, I can't believe how far I've come in just a year. Take a look at my photo album to see pictures from before, during, and several shots from different time intervals after the surgery.

I am proud to vouch for Dr Lindsey. I shopped around and decided against Bosley and a few other smaller operations for several reasons; for one Dr Lindsey takes a personal interest in your success and is very easy to get in touch with. Whether you take my word on it or not, you can't argue with results in my photo album.

Check out my blog post for pics!

Hair Restoration Social Network ? Community for and by Hair Loss Patients - novapaitent's Profile

novapaitent,

Thank you for sharing your excellent experience and results with Dr. Lindsey. Great to hear that things have worked out well for you.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Dr. Lindsey is of the highest caliber. He has shown countless successful results. In fact I believe he is the only surgeon on this board who posts one or two results EVERY WEEK. Some only post one every month or two but he goes above and beyond the call of duty on that.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D