Hair Loss & Hair Thinning

Hello

I am facing hair loss problems from past 7 months and it has increased in hair thinning at the crown and in front.

I am very disappointed with this problem. I consulted with the Hair Experts but the medicines they prescribed me are very expensive which I can't afford.

1 ) Saw Palmetto Shampoo & Cleanser

2 ) Saw Palmetto 5mg

Please I need urgent help...

Thanks in Advance

Brian

• 5 months later...
Hello

I am facing hair loss problems from past 7 months and it has increased in hair thinning at the crown and in front.

I am very disappointed with this problem. I consulted with the Hair Experts but the medicines they prescribed me are very expensive which I can't afford.

2 ) Saw Palmetto 5mg

Thanks in Advance

Brian

The best meds for hair loss are actually very cheap if you buy the generic version! You can get generic finasteride for about 4 dollars a month..just make sure you buy a reputable generic company like TEVA..

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

I agree with NEWHAIRPLEASE...generic FIN is very cheap...I would get on that at a minimum as it is affordable in generic form.

Hello

2 ) Saw Palmetto 5mg

Thanks in Advance

Brian

have you tried anything else lately? i have the same problem like you

i have used regaine gel in the past it was ok but now with the foam doesnt work for me and i cannot use it

any advice?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

You can try olive oil to cure hair loss.

How to Use Olive Oil for the Hair

Here is a step wise, olive oil hair loss treatment procedure, which can be easily carried out at home.

Step 1

Mix two tablespoons of olive oil with one tablespoon of coconut oil, in a bowl. Remember always to use extra virgin olive oil, as it is olive oil in its most natural form.

Step 2

Take a small amount of this mixture in your palm and with your fingertips, apply it on your scalp and hair.

Step 3

Massage your hair lightly. Remember not to pull the hair while massaging as it might increase the amount of hair that you are losing. Continue massaging for about fifteen minutes.

Step 4

Post massaging, take a shower cap and cover your head with it. Leave the oil on the hair overnight or for minimum four hours. This helps in better absorption of oil by the scalp and the hair.

Step 5

In the morning, wash your hair with a mild shampoo or with a medicated shampoo. People who are suffering from hair loss should always dilute the shampoo with water and then apply it on the hair and scalp, rather than applying directly, as all shampoos contain chemicals, and these chemicals, when they come in direct contact with the scalp, can weaken the hair roots and thus, cause further hair loss.

• 4 weeks later...
You can try olive oil to cure hair loss.

How to Use Olive Oil for the Hair

Here is a step wise, olive oil hair loss treatment procedure, which can be easily carried out at home.

Step 1

Mix two tablespoons of olive oil with one tablespoon of coconut oil, in a bowl. Remember always to use extra virgin olive oil, as it is olive oil in its most natural form.

Step 2

Take a small amount of this mixture in your palm and with your fingertips, apply it on your scalp and hair.

Step 3

Massage your hair lightly. Remember not to pull the hair while massaging as it might increase the amount of hair that you are losing. Continue massaging for about fifteen minutes.

Step 4

Post massaging, take a shower cap and cover your head with it. Leave the oil on the hair overnight or for minimum four hours. This helps in better absorption of oil by the scalp and the hair.

Step 5

In the morning, wash your hair with a mild shampoo or with a medicated shampoo. People who are suffering from hair loss should always dilute the shampoo with water and then apply it on the hair and scalp, rather than applying directly, as all shampoos contain chemicals, and these chemicals, when they come in direct contact with the scalp, can weaken the hair roots and thus, cause further hair loss.

How frequent should this be done?

• 5 months later...

Neem is full of herbals used for humans facing so many problems,particularly for hair loss problem,Helps to promote hair growth and immune power of hair,,,neem has more benefits...try this herbs for hair loss cassia auriculata,henna,neem,hibiscus..etc

• 2 weeks later...
Guest laofoye

Hair loss is a very common problem for both men and women and it is very important to get*hair loss treatment*in a effective manner. Natural Herbal remedies has been extremely effective treating hair loss problem in men and women.

For more than 20 years, I have suffered from scalp problems and dandruff, itchy scalp, thinning of hair and finally hair loss. Since using Cixi’s Ancient Secret Formulas at laofoye, I discovered the answer to all my scalp problems. I now have a full head of hair. More amazingly, pores which I thought were closed, are now opened with new hair emerging.

Edited by David - Moderator

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest shreyas24

So you consult the best Hair Transplantation Doctor for further details otherwise you may loss hair completely. Don't use your own medication rather than export advise.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Neem is full of herbals used for humans facing so many problems,particularly for hair loss problem,Helps to promote hair growth and immune power of hair,,,neem has more benefits...try this herbs for hair loss cassia auriculata,henna,neem,hibiscus..etc

Agreed. Neem is the best remedy. Same goes for Indian gooseberries (Aamla) and Curry leaves.

Hello,

I am new on this forum and I have this problem with hair loss too. I read a lot on the internet these past few weeks and I found (link removed by moderator) few hours ago. It sounds good to me and before I go further I wanted to know your opinion. Please let me know what you think. Thanks.

Edited by David - Moderator

• 6 months later...

The medicines prescribed by the hair doctor may be costly, but have been told to use rogaine or biotin. Because they too are medicines which would help you gain your hair back. Rogaine (Minoxidil) was originally developed in tablet form as a drug for high blood pressure. Doctors noticed that people on minoxidil sometimes grew new hair, so the drug was reformulated for this purpose. Rogaine was the first FDA approved drug for the treatment of male pattern hair loss and still the only FDA approved treatment for women with hair loss.

Rogaine advantages

Regrows some hair

Has a few side effects. When used as directed in lotion form the risk of serious side effects is very small.

Can be used by hair transplant patients. Many surgeons recommend using it within a few weeks after surgery to promote the growth of the transplanted hair follicles.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

I am very worried about my hair loss problem. I am facing hair loss problem from past 1 year. I am very disturbed for my hair fall problem. Please tell me the best hair surgeon name. Give me some advise how to control my hair loss and thinning hair.

• 1 month later...

MSM 1000mg

Biosil

Toco-8

Ginkgo Biloba 120mg

Nettle root

Silica 200mg

Becareful using saw palmetto for hair loss as it can cause side effects like erectile dysfunction, stomach cramps, anxiety, diarrhea, and constipation.

• 3 months later...

Like some of the other people commenting have already mentioned you should go with the generic versions of the medications your doctor recommended since they're pretty cheap. If you're looking for natural ways to regrow hair then scalp massage, grape seed extract, selenium supplements, safflower oil, nettle root, and green tea can help. Especially green tea since it helps inhibit 5-alpha-reductase activity.

• 9 months later...