HT procedure with Dr Lindsey

aasyd

I started looking into doing a HT procedure at the beginning of the year. I wanted to be open minded about all doctors from around the world since i live in Sydney Australia. I looked into a few doctors and started contacting Dr Lindsey in March this year.

From the beginning he was friendly and honest and very professional. After researching and reading all the reviews and past procedures i decided to book with him even though i would have to travel to the USA.

The procedure was done last monday the 27th June. From the moment i walked into the surgery even though i was nervous Dr Lindsey made me feel at ease and like a friend. The staff and techs were great, they were professional and friendly even joking with me and also answering all my many questions.

Even though we originally decided on roughly 1800 grafts Dr Lindsey was aiming for around 2200+ and to my amazement we ended up with over 3400 which Dr Lindsey was kind enough to place.

There was hardly any pain during the procedure. Apart from a lot of swelling on the face from day 2 onwards and unconfortable to sleep that is all so far.

I went and saw the doctor yesterday and everything looks normal. Monday 4th i will be going to get my sutures out.

I am attaching photos from before, during and after procedure. Fingers crossed everything goes well from here :)

I would not hesitate to recommend Dr Lindsey to anyone even if you live as far as i do. Its worth the trip.

1.jpg.dec6855abb16336ea5c6d72dc5451ee4.jpg

2.jpg.397fa3f2e13e4f8ecac3c87021817c9b.jpg

4.jpg.2d5457fee2c5dc31e1ab3d71a419bdc4.jpg

6r.jpg.a6433e1e2460ca3f83e0851353b8541d.jpg

5.jpg.6c10515b3256bdc3cedd85113250b7c7.jpg

8r.jpg.9ee4f3f2bec2489205f37e5f5187f235.jpg

10.jpg.9748c36970197357d76e8107c61bab60.jpg

12r.jpg.1e6b68f596dc190152009d76efa08975.jpg

13r.jpg.5fd74bf75b6083d7699d456f6db5e2cc.jpg

15.jpg.79f8456eb63c330031ce5f5c1efa658e.jpg

16.jpg.ea896bb62a62df4b1429121d602423d6.jpg

17r.jpg.5009a155b4be44eb7747748ff848e6a6.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aasyd,

Welcome and congratulations! Dr. Lindsey is an excellent choice and I'm sure you'll be thrilled with your newly growing hair in short order.

Please do continue to update us on your progress.

Happy growing!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Did he only charge you for the 1800? Dr. Lindsey is like that, a great surgeon with a great heart.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Hi aasyd,

All the best with your HT, hope it all grows well for you . I also went to Dr. Lindsey and I can only echo what you said. I travelled from the UK and I have no regrets, it was worth the journey. Thanks for posting your story and hope you return with updates.

Congrats aasyd. Dr. Lindsey does great work. Your donor area looks rich. That should help.

And gotta love those open donor strip pics.... ;)

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Overseas consultations can be tough... Hence the discrepancy in grafts placed from my phone-"guestimate".

I believe the patient thought he needed around 1500-1800 and when he sent pics, he had fairly bushy hair and I felt we ought to do 18-2000. Fortunately he arrived several days before the procedure and I told him that I thought we should do 2500+/- and I showed him pictures of a nearly identical case that we'd done with 2500 on a man who had very similar hairloss and similar hair characteristics.

But, I didn't want him, or anyone for that matter, to think that I low-balled the guestimate to get a quick sale...then cranked up the real number on arrival. That is just not the way we roll.

So, I said that we'd stick to the original price, but if he felt that he wanted to pay more (assuming we got a lot more hair) that I'd pass it along to the techs.. I believe he paid a little more than the agreed upon price, maybe 200.00 more or so, I frankly don't recall as I simply gave it out as a "bonus" to the techs at the end of the case.

So when I drew the strip to be harvested, I went fairly thin, as he has some history of scar problems. As my lead tech and I got ready to excise the strip, we actually shortened it about an inch as he really looked to have VERY dense hair. I guessed we'd get about 2600... and we wound up with well over 3000. And that was after shortening the planned excision of a thin strip.

So we packed him and actually went back into thinning hair further back than originally planned, just to find room for the extra hair. I think it was a combination of very curly root and shaft complexes, and lots of doubles that got us the higher than expected count.

Either way, I expect him to get a nice result and I'm expecting him not to have scar problems, but just in case, we'll see each other twice before he leaves the US.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 1 month later...
Did he only charge you for the 1800? Dr. Lindsey is like that, a great surgeon with a great heart.

Yes he did but as described in his post i gave him a small amount extra. I only wish i could have afforded a lot more. He is great!!!

Well done aasyd and welcome to the forum! Hope you can spare the time to keep us all updated as the transformation occurs:cool:

Heal and grow well!!

Regards

Spex

I will and thank you!!!

We are both at six weeks aasyd. This is the worst of it. Hang tough!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• 1 month later...

aasyd,

Congratulations on getting through the first three months! You've reached a milestone for sure! That annoying tingling feeling will eventually pass. Good luck on happy growing!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Its been 5 months, I suspect things will really thicken up over the winter...or summer down where you are. Send pics in a month or so please.

Thanks

Dr. Lindsey

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 4 weeks later...

All looks normal. I expect a lot more growth by summer, but if you look back where we started, you already have more hair.

And given your other medical issues I'm psyched about your scar.

Thanks for the update.

Dr. L

McLean, VA

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to see Dr Lindsey in March 2012, it's great to hear what a great job he's doing. I've had requests from others in the UK, who want to know how I get on. Will be taking lots of picts. But thanks for sharing your experience. Dr Lindsey seems to have a genuine desire to help and it's not all ? or $, very rare and it gives you confidence in him.