Dr. Ron Shapiro - Pre-Op & 7 Months Post Op (2777grafts - 5222hairs)

FUT Surgery with Dr. Ron Shapiro

Total Graft/Hair Breakdown: 2777gr – 5222 hairs

1’s – 732

2’s – 1662

3’s – 366

4’s – 17

Earlier this week, SMG posted a result of Dr. Paul’s at 7 months post op. Coincidentally, we are presenting another 7 months result but this time it’s Dr. Ron’s patient. While both patients are extremely pleased with their results thus far, this result doesn’t have the same "wow" transformation as Dr. Paul’s patient at the same benchmark. Dr. Paul’s patient had an advantage of having a bigger size graft session by almost 800 grafts, but the biggest difference is the 2562 more hairs. I'd say that's a significant difference. Factoring both graft and hair count is important when viewing cases. Dr. Ron’s patient also has finer caliber hairs as well. Good donor density and hair characteristics play a major role in one’s results.

We need to keep in mind that this patient is at 7 months post op and has another 6 months to achieve his full results. He’s a steady grower but not necessarily a fast grower.

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide5.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Edited by Janna

Thanks Haircut and TC17. Good catch TC, I got it blocked now :).

Outstanding work! It looks like the guys hair grayed a little bit. Actually really helps with the scalp/hair color contrast.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

janna,

just out of curiosity, whats the biggest session smg has ever done in one procedure? What about for the most amount of total graphs spread out over multiple procedures? thanks!

Hdude,

Somewhere around 4800 grafts is our biggest session. There are several who have had around 4500 graft session. Earlier this week, we did a patient who had a little over 4500 grafts but 500 of the grafts were DFU's (double folliculicular units) so he's technically the highest grafts session with just over 5000 grafts equivalent. We'll keep an eye on him and hopefully he'll update us.

I'm not sure but the biggest session from multiple surgeries is around 6500 grafts on a patient. I actually plan on posting his pictures today or next week depending on my schedule. He started 12 years ago and has had 4 surgeries. The last procedure was 8 years ago. He plans on doing one more procedure soon.

Thank for the comments Aaron and Orlhair. I agree Aaron that the gray hairs help.