how do i send a pm?

hairgirl08

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

same, i can't view messages

i got an email saying i got a private message, and to log in and view it but when i log in the message isn't there

Hello hairgirl08,

You have just received a new message from chicklet on the Hair Restoration Social Network. Please click the following link to login, view the message and reply:

i click "1 new update(s) " but it just takes me to the main page

can a moderator help?

Members,

By default, private messages are disabled for new members until they are reviewed by an administrator and determined not to be spammers. This is to prevent new registered users from sending bulk messages to every single member on this forum, which has happened before we've implemented this strategy.

Hairgirl and KM77,

I've activated your accounts so you can both now send private messages.

Sorry for the confusion and inconvenience.

Best wishes,

Bill

A "nudge" is a fun way of sending another member a simple congratulations, high five or many other emoticons that may be fitting. You can also customize a message and send it along with the nudge.

Now that I've elevated both of your permissions from "new member" status to "hair restoration user", you can now send private messages, nudges, create blogs and upload videos.

I look forward to your involvement on the forum.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 11 months later...

Bill, I still get the same thing even though I have been on the forum for over a year! I did receive a message but could not view it either. I fear I accidentally deleted it because I clicked on the 'x' next to it...

Mickey

Your account was still set to "New Member", which means that somehow we either missed your account, or it was skipped over because its possible you hadn't activated your email address at the time we were activating new accounts that day.

Things should be working for you now. In terms of deleting private messages, if I'm correct, you wouldn't have been able to get in your private messages to delete them until we upgraded your account.

Keep me posted.

Thanks,

Bill

• 8 months later...

HeadH,

Private message is already enabled for your account, so you shouldn't have any problems sending and receiving messages. To send a message, go to any user's profile and click "Send Message" in the left hand sidebar of their profile. Alternatively, you can click their name in any forum thread and then select "Send 'Member Name' a Private Message".

Please let me know if you still need any assistance.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Members,

By default, private messages are disabled for new members until they are reviewed by an administrator and determined not to be spammers. This is to prevent new registered users from sending bulk messages to every single member on this forum, which has happened before we've implemented this strategy.

Hairgirl and KM77,

I've activated your accounts so you can both now send private messages.

Sorry for the confusion and inconvenience.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi Bill, can you allow me to send private messages? (if you think i'm a spammer your welcome to question me) :)

• 1 month later...