Hair Restoration - Dublin, Ireland

Hello,

I am at the stage where I will be getting hair restoration soon.

I have been balding since 18. I'm 25 now and my hairline has receded very far and the remaining hair on the top of my head is very thin.

My brother and father both have the same hair loss pattern at my age.

There are two main hair restoration clinics in Dublin, Ireland. I am not sure how to compare the quality of the work. I am willing to pay up to ?15,000 to hopefully have a full head of hair in one year.

I am also willing to travel to the United Kingdom for the operation as there will be a lot of top surgeons especially in London.

I am hoping someone would be able to tell me what the reputation of the two Dublin clinics

If anybody can recommend a London surgeon that I can visit that would also be appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by Future_HT_Doc
Removed outside links

The research I'm doing is making me realise how complicated it is.

Firstly it seems that the best options are in the US and Canada. I am willing to travel to get the job done right.

I'm not really sure how to compare surgeons yet to get the job done correctly but there are two surgeons that seem to be mentioned regularly on the forums:

Hair Transplants | Hair Transplant Surgery | Hasson & Wong (Vancouver)

Hair Transplants New York / New Jersey, Long Island and International (New York)

Also I was under the impression that I got the surgery done and a few months later I had a full head of hair.

Do I have to take medications and what is the usual course?

Thanks for any advice, as ye know its a minefield of information out there.

Irishhair,

Welcome to our hair restoration discussion forums. I'm very pleased to see you researching before scheduling a surgery date, and I think you've come to the right place and are asking the right questions.

Frankly, I've always believed that traveling for a state-of-the-art hair transplant procedure is a good choice, and can actually be the most time and cost effective measure in the end.

As far as surgeons in the U.K. are concerned, I highly recommend consulting with the Farjo Clinic. . Additionally, both physician you linked above (Drs. Hasson and Wong and Dr. Feller) are member of our elite Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians and highly respected by our hair transplant community. Additionally, feel free to review all our recommended hair restoration surgeons and see where you would be interesting in a consultation.

Furthermore, keep in mind that we do offer a free online consultation service and you can also utilize the forum search function to elicit the community's opinion on any given physician.

I hope this helps! Please feel free to ask any additional questions via this thread or a private message. Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thanks for the advice.

I received a private message from someone willing to give me advice.

I logged in, went to "messages" at the top of the page, clicked "message inbox". It brought me to a news feed with no sign of the message I received.

How do the messages work on this site?

To be honest pal, there isn't anyone decent in the UK apart from Dr Farjo. In Europe there are Drs feriduni, keser, devroye and bisanga that you can consult with. Keser is in turkey and the others are in Belgium.

Hasson & Wong are indeed elite. If you're willing to spend the ?15k or whatever it was, go & see them or at least email their consultant. Dr Rahal is also a top top surgeon. He's also in Canada.