Stem Cell 'Hair Transplants'

Sierra6

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has looked into the whole area of Stem Cell Implantations. I read an article in one of the London news papers about a company called Hair Science Institute that offes such services with fairly ok results. Has anyone any experience of stem cell work or even this company? I see that there are other similar companies...this is just an example.

It's interesting for me because I have a very poor donor site even for FUE!

Your thoughts/experience/advice would be appreciated!!

When they started going on about it 5 years ago it was gonna be the next best thing and companies like intercytex were doing research and testing on men for hair cloning too and so on but now 5 years on nothing has happened really apart from you don't hear anthing much about it which is obviously bad.

A few ht surgeons have been using acell and prp in hair transplants for about a year and some have even been plucking hair strands and trying to implant but i don't believe we're anywhere with it to be honest and i've noticed the drs who have been using acell and prp have gone quiet now when really they should be seeing their 1 year results of trials and boasting about what they've achieved.

There was a guy on here a few weeks ago who said he had grown loads of hair with stem cell injections but he was selling the product so that speaks volumes.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

I agree & if this was effective, it would be the best thing since sliced grafts. Also, with regards to cloning, ten years ago they said it might be available in ten years time. Now ten years on, you hear that it 'should be available in the next ten years.'

For the foreseeable future, strip & FUE look like they'll be around & the most effective ways to combat hair loss

Since sliced grafts ha ha like it mate!

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk