Wayne rooney new transplant?

Excellent - have only positive things to say about them. Am over nearly nine months post-procedure and am extremely pleased with the results. See my gallery for progress pics! :)

I should add that I've stopped wearing concealer thanks to the HT - being free from it was one of my main reasons for having the procedure. So great results that need no 'help' are possible in my experience.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wayne Rooneys result (so far) looks great, it get's better from week to week.

With the recent sending off and subsequent match banning he's back to his old self, which make's me think he's pleased with the results as that's what we all want eh, get back to our normal selves before the hairloss yeah?

rws, i'm chuffed for you, looking good fella!

...get a good result and a result you were after here in the uk, woh, that's going to confuse quite a few members on this forum as some are soon ready to bash that idea, haa.

Regards, 57mph

Too right 57mph, from reading the forum before my procedure, I was petrified I'd made a mistake... Just shows how much some self-appointed 'experts' know. I'd recommend my clinic / surgeon again and again. If I need any more work done in coming years, I'll be back to them like a flash.

Synz, my procedure was ?6200 for 1500+ grafts (3000 hairs approx).

I still can't help but believe in the use of concealers in Rooney's case, though. It just looks unrealistically thick when I see him playing on the field, especially considering it was FUE and was only 6 months ago. Anyone know how many grafts he got?

Jan 2000 - 600 FUT with Dr Kurgis (MHR)

Sept 2011 - 1411 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Jan 2013 - 1800 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Sep 2014 - 1000 FUE with Dr Paul Shapiro

My Hairloss Blog »

i just caught a climpse of the fake Wayne Rooney hair transplant on youtube, it's a classic, they have the lookalike ouching in pain as the hairs go in, it's worth a look for a little laugh if you've time, who bothers makin' these fake vids, saying that i'm glad they did, as it is funny.

Hi snowman

I've had a ht done and surfed these forums for years , I've not see an fue transplant ever look as good as rooney's looks after only a few months of maturing and growth , it defies logic and the natural time line of transplanted hair to be this thick so soon , it takes 12 months to be this thick and thats usually with an fut/strip result .

My opinion , and it's echoed by many on here that rooney is wearing concealer until his results have grown in .

on all of the pics i have studied in the uk papers , rooney's hair seems matted and too thick to be natural , he recently posted pics of himself online dyeing his hair light brown , i think this may have something to do with concealer looking better on hair of one colour , rather than the slightly greying mousey coloured hair he usually sports .

It's concealer bud .

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Strongly agree about the concealer.

Although after yesterday's massacre, his hair is the least of his problems!

Jan 2000 - 600 FUT with Dr Kurgis (MHR)

Sept 2011 - 1411 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Jan 2013 - 1800 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Sep 2014 - 1000 FUE with Dr Paul Shapiro

My Hairloss Blog »

Hi snowman

I've had a ht done and surfed these forums for years , I've not see an fue transplant ever look as good as rooney's looks after only a few months of maturing and growth , it defies logic and the natural time line of transplanted hair to be this thick so soon , it takes 12 months to be this thick and thats usually with an fut/strip result .

My opinion , and it's echoed by many on here that rooney is wearing concealer until his results have grown in .

on all of the pics i have studied in the uk papers , rooney's hair seems matted and too thick to be natural , he recently posted pics of himself online dyeing his hair light brown , i think this may have something to do with concealer looking better on hair of one colour , rather than the slightly greying mousey coloured hair he usually sports .

It's concealer bud .

richie

Hi Richie

Thanks for your experienced insight, one which I have to agree with. Will be interesting to see how it looks come next summer.

I still can't help but believe in the use of concealers in Rooney's case, though. It just looks unrealistically thick when I see him playing on the field, especially considering it was FUE and was only 6 months ago. Anyone know how many grafts he got?

I think he has had at least 3000 grafts

• 2 months later...

A must see, Rooney in the Manchester FA Cup derby, his hair looks great, got length in the hair now and without concealer, i say this because it's raining, he's just scored and pats on his head galore!

Just over the 6month mark since his fue.

Thoughts?

57mph

Yes I'm watching it now too but what I don't understand is his crown is solid thick now but he hasn't had a Ht there how has his crown grown that thick there's no chance finasteride has done that.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

His crown wasn't entirely gone before he had the fue anyhows and who knows 100% where his grafts were placed and how many, no good speculating on speculation so all we norms can do is go on the befores and afters pictures.

So, Bonker, you saying it's a great fue result, as i'm sure you know where i stand on the matter.

His crown was in a bad way and his post op photos showed only work in the front so on that basis regardless of rain I still think he uses concealer. Also he used to be a giner now he is not!!

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Be nice to get a clear picture of him around may/june time to get a years result.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

He'll be about to go in for his 2nd procedure around then perhaps, and if he does i hope he's just as forth coming as the first.

Post match chat, his hair soaking, close-up, he looks like he did 8years ago, i don't understand the 'using concealers' claim, can concealers really stand up to a game like today?

He'll be about to go in for his 2nd procedure around then perhaps, and if he does i hope he's just as forth coming as the first.

Post match chat, his hair soaking, close-up, he looks like he did 8years ago, i don't understand the 'using concealers' claim, can concealers really stand up to a game like today?

Yes sprinkled lightly with lock in spray.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I wonder how many grafts Wayne Rooney would have left for a possible 2nd transplant?

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

His hair looked awesome in the FA cup game. If that's not concealer, I don't know what is, no one gets that much growth in 6 months. Probably puts a little then locking mist like Bonker said. Great win for United as well :D

great end result .. poor win :) #12vs10

• 4 weeks later...