Wayne rooney new transplant?

Yes propecia clearly doesn't work for him. I don't see him getting worse than 5a. His loss is aggressive it's the exact same as mine but I was younger I was 19 and had lost Most nw5a hair within a year more or less.

When your Nw pattern is established fast over your full head In The horse shoe pattern like me and him the line where thick and thin meets is generally what you'll be for life I am still a nw5a 11 years on as I am 31 now.

It's hard to determine what you'll end up if you don't have full head loss like a nw2 and nw3, for people with only frontal loss I feel they are at most risk loading up there front with grafts because they still have dht affectable follicles throughout the top of their head but because their loss is slow they do not reveal which ones they are for years. So in theory you want aggressive loss but not nw6 or 7 because the area is too big to fill.

Edited by bonkerstonker

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah i does kind of make sense, Im your age 31 and looking to have fue at the end of the year, i would say that my donor is average no sign of dipping at the back etc, im just looking at rooneys case cos it intrigues me as to how its going to turn out and seeing what people think, weather it was the right time to have this done etc. Would you say though, for rooney to have hair anywhere near what i reckon his hoping for (judging from his commnts )only 4-5000 session would do wouldnt it?And thats having good donor, which im not sure he has,

How many grafts did he have? I'd say he would need at least 5000 grafts for all his loss to look reasonable. 5000 by strip though 5000 by fue is not likely to have enough yield as fue never does for some reason.

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

One paper said he was there for 2 days, 8 hrs each, so i dont know mybe 2500?, but others have said 1 day. Maybe he might come out and say, i dont know. I do Know one thing though, he aint going to require any hair gel in a few months like he thinks. Or doing any shampoo adverts like that twat ferdinand says he should do.

• 1 month later...
One the one hand I want to applaud him for being so transparent and unashamed about it. On the other, it seems like hubris. He's gotten an HT from a place with a bad reputation and I doubt he's gotten approval from Man Utd staff to go on Propecia or Rogaine. His progress (regress?) will now be visible to the public in full-color and high-definition during each week's game. Interesting to see if he'll need to visit another surgeon in 3-5 years, and how proud and transparent he'll be about that when the time comes.

Actually he was on Propecia for years before having the HT. I actually am really excited to see how his surgery develops, and hopefully he will grow his hair a little longer in months to come. If it wasn't for Rooney doing this, I would have never started researching HTs and definitely wouldn't have found this community.

I must say though, his hair seems to be growing back pretty fast, it's only been like 2 months, if that :S

One paper said he was there for 2 days, 8 hrs each, so i dont know mybe 2500?, but others have said 1 day. Maybe he might come out and say, i dont know. I do Know one thing though, he aint going to require any hair gel in a few months like he thinks. Or doing any shampoo adverts like that twat ferdinand says he should do.

They were joking, chill out :rolleyes:

Actually he was on Propecia for years before having the HT. I actually am really excited to see how his surgery develops, and hopefully he will grow his hair a little longer in months to come. If it wasn't for Rooney doing this, I would have never started researching HTs and definitely wouldn't have found this community.

I must say though, his hair seems to be growing back pretty fast, it's only been like 2 months, if that :S

Well at least the ugly git is doing some something useful for england!

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

If that is actually two months post-op he looks ahead of where he needs to be.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

remember he wasn't completely bald in the front he'd just receded! To be fair it does look good so far though.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

the more goals he scores the more head rubbing and head patting by his team mates he'll get, and that thought alone hasn't stopped him bagging the goals pre-season, looks like he's just going ahead and getting on with it, (nothing else he can do before someone says!) but i'm tuning in to see the results each week.

He had hair in the front anyway people are always forgetting that and he's shaved his sides down short so it looks better on top. Are we all hair loss novices here or something lol

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

He had a half Horse shoe type procedure done , not a mega session hair transplant , but a fair size for FUE , if early indications are anything to go by , it looks like he,s on for a very good result.

Thats for all FUE haters. Bottom line FUE works well if its done well :-) ..Rooney looks great, that clinic did a good job...

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Thats for all FUE haters. Bottom line FUE works well if its done well :-) ..Rooney looks great, that clinic did a good job...

i agree , and the term or usage of the "having to go to america/world wide" for that kind of work could be a thing of the past if results like his stand up from the uk , being one massive Hair transplant advertisement every week , playing for the most televised and biggest team in the country

Edited by ..

A couple of posts here are coming across a little bitter, calling the guy ugly and perhaps knocking him and the result!

We're here to check out his hairline not whether he can make the cover of Vogue, get a grip.

The fact is his result is there for all to see and for the first few months atleast he'll be

mocked for doing this and some willing for his fue to fail (who out of the knockers (uh pardon) could say they'd put themselves forward for that?), it's a great example of whether fue ht's actually work in the first place and whether they work without consealers.

Take a look at Rooneys hair just 4 months ago compared to today and tell me this isn't a result that's on the way to being a corker, but hey i'm trying not to get ahead of myself here i'm just a little excited about seeing the result grow in and so are a lot of us in that there's no doubt.

Good luck again to this guy and to us all eh!?

Regards,

57mph

Edited by 57mph
missed a word

So far I have to agree that Rooney hair transplant looks good for two months. I am a bit confused because at two month he should have no growth. It is possible he is wearing some sort of concealer. Unless of course the hair didnt fall out and continued to grow. Although I have heard alot of bad about the clinic this type of advertising is huge and will keep them busy for years to come. They will now be considered the top clinic in England regardless if they are or not. I just hope that the bad comments in the past or in the past and they are able to achieve high quality hair transplant for their patients.

Does this last picture look like he is wearing concealer? I am not sure.

wayne-rooney-before-after-hair-transplant.jpg.135e1c5b0bb5e9b69d2ecb9eaab0c9c3.jpg

Edited by lorenzo

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Good point lorenzo i wonder if he's been told to do a gardiner and use concealer while it's growing to make hts look like they work straight away. This growth looks way too much with those pictures above.

57mph sorry but he plays for man u he deserves to be ugly!

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

He might be rich and he might have paid a lot for his surgery, but money doesn't bend the laws of hair transplant growth.

All of the photos I've seen are low quality, but it does look very dark around his hairline, which makes it seem like he could be wearing a concealer of some sort. Higher quality images could tell a very different story.

Can any athletic users of concealers here say how the stuff holds up to vigorous exercise? I would have thought that he'd have it running down his face after a while on the pitch.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

That is definitely concealer. I see the shade by his hairline. And it's two months, no way he has hair like that now.

I've played some pick up basketball with concealer and the sweat doesn't really do too much to it. It stays on quite well. Now if Rooney was playing a soccer game in the rain than that's a different story.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Something doesnt add up.The only other optional other than concealer is that the grafts didnt fall out. That does happen rarely so that may be the answer. Hair transplants can start growing even after 6 week in rare situations but it will not to be at that thicken after 2 months.l Is it possible that maybe he had a surgery before (6 month before) and this surgery was the second?

I dont know but say something is fishy. My guess its a concealer but I am not sure. You would have to see him in person if the concealer is used right you wont catch it on TV even with HD.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson