Wayne rooney new transplant?

i believe the farjo clinic can perform very good strip surgery but obviously they do not perform FUE, i still find it very strange why the UK is still years behind America, Canada and even Europe in the medical fields we even have one of the lowest cancer survival rates in the world. The country has such a large population surly one of the top docs from Europe is attracted by this country......oh hang on i almost forgot 50% TAX here in the sunny UK so that's why there not here!

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i believe the farjo clinic can perform very good strip surgery but obviously they do not perform FUE, i still find it very strange why the UK is still years behind America, Canada and even Europe in the medical fields we even have one of the lowest cancer survival rates in the world. The country has such a large population surly one of the top docs from Europe is attracted by this country......oh hang on i almost forgot 50% TAX here in the sunny UK so that's why there not here!

Well if you think about it, the number of surgeons in the world that can be endorsed, let alone enthusiastically recommended, is relatively low in comparison to the number of surgeons performing hair transplants. Even North America has quite a small number considering those things, so it's not too surprising that the UK has even fewer.

Also remember that as we have the luxury of the internet and the pool of worldwide knowledge and experience that it draws together, we've been exposed to the very best the industry has to offer and have become extremely demanding. Which of course is very good for the field of hair restoration.

Here's a pic of post-op Rooney.

article-0-0C6E1EC500000578-616_468x524.jpg

Wayne Rooney tweets picture of his head after undergoing ?30,000 hair transplant | Mail Online

It's definitely going to be interesting to see how his growth timeline fits with training and the upcoming season. Yikes, for the first time ever I might actually tune into some games.

Edited by mattj

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Can anyone see what he's had done I'm on my iPhone but it looks like just the first cm back if his front hairline? If so it's pointless he's a nw5 diffuse but virtually all gone.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

It's actually pretty hard to judge. Looking at how uniformly dark his head is, I think the grafts must be placed further back because he didn't have much hair behind the 'island'.

Hopefully we'll get better pictures. And a graft count. The irregularities created in the hairline look very... regular.

I'm watching Pardon the Interruption on ESPN right now and Tony K and Michael Wilbon are making fun of Rooney for getting "HAIR PLUGS". HA -- they have no idea about the advancements and are still living in the 80's...

The irregularities created in the hairline look very... regular.

No kidding, they are like exactly one inch apart from each other. Let's hope they are one haired grafts.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

No kidding, they are like exactly one inch apart from each other. Let's hope they are one haired grafts.

They'll definitely be less apparent as hairs than they are as fresh recipient sites, but I think the design says something about the surgeons concept of artistry. What it says exactly I'll leave up to you to decide. ;)

No idea but , i mean isnt it time to let go of the old schoolol menatlity slagging of places , a multi multi multi milliianaire chose london, wether its not the done deal in this place it has happend so let it be and lets see the results in in 12 months time before its been slagged

You're not actually suggesting that his choice has some added credibility because he's rich, are you?

That's the feeling I got when he wrote that too shadow. Kind of odd thing to say given the fact they're not supposed to even have microscopes or modern equipment for the techs.

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Wow,

can anyone pls tell me how he got such good clean results only a few days after surgery?!?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-LA6lb-w80VU/Te-VfUX4JPI/AAAAAAAAkpU/4oRrYSgXfRo/s1600/Hat-trick%2521%2BWayne%2BRooney%2Btakes%2Boff%2Bhis%2Bcap%2Bto%2Breveal%2Bresults%2Bof%2Bhair%2Btransplant%2Bas%2Bhe%2Bsoaks%2Bup%2Bthe%2Bsunshine%2Bin%2BBarbados%2B%2B1.JPG

Hat-trick%2521%2BWayne%2BRooney%2Btakes%2Boff%2Bhis%2Bcap%2Bto%2Breveal%2Bresults%2Bof%2Bhair%2Btransplant%2Bas%2Bhe%2Bsoaks%2Bup%2Bthe%2Bsunshine%2Bin%2BBarbados%2B%2B1.JPG

vs. what he had before the transplant:

2.jpg

From these pics, besides the scar on the right side, its hard to tell he got anything done...it looks like he's just a skinhead with a scratch. The left side hairline looks so clean like nothing was done, but from his pre-op photos, obviously the hairline was transplanted.

Can any reps chime in. Usually when I see patient post results 1 week after surgery, their head is full of nasty puss and blood scar, etc....but how does Rooney look so clean and normal?

Also, the top of his head doesn't look diffused at all anymore, but no redness from transplant either.

I would love to look that clean a few days after surgery.

Keep in mind the photos aren't exactly the close-ups you're used to seeing. Also, we don't know the density. If it wasn't very densely planted then it'll look cleaner.

I assumed it was Harley Street Hair Clinic, where I had my FUE procedure earlier in the year - was totally happy with them, and good results already 4 months post-op (see my gallery for pics!).

I assumed it was Harley Street Hair Clinic, where I had my FUE procedure earlier in the year - was totally happy with them, and good results already 4 months post-op (see my gallery for pics!).

Rws that's great to hear you're doing well. You're the first patient of theirs i've come across so keep us updated i'm very interested in what they can do.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I can only applaud Wayne Rooney for doing this, i suddenly have the upmost respect for him.

For someone like this (huge public figure) to come out can only inspire us guys right?

Wayne Rooney is doing alot of the leg work here, in that all we have to do to see the results of a FUE is tune into Match of the Day each Saturday night, happy days!

In answer to some of the negative comments regarding how good or bad the UK may be when it comes to HT's, i hope the people making the comments are seasoned veterans in the field, know enough results and know of experiences from all the people that have been through HTs (up and down the land) enough to justify their comments.

...back to thread, Wayne Rooney has done us a massive favour, we can watch this pan out and gives us a living case in study.

regards, 57mph

I've been studying and suffering hair loss for 11 years and met lots of people some suicidal so yes. Also I have no respect for Wayne Rooney coming out at all as it was a no brainer he could not hide it he would of been caught easy as he's on the tv every week and would of looked a right prat. I'm sure he'd of kept it quiet if he could of.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I've been studying and suffering hair loss for 11 years and met lots of people some suicidal so yes. Also I have no respect for Wayne Rooney coming out at all as it was a no brainer he could not hide it he would of been caught easy as he's on the tv every week and would of looked a right prat. I'm sure he'd of kept it quiet if he could of.

A little harsh BS.

I think if he had kept quiet of course every one would have known. but the fact this young man said "yeah i've had a HT,so what?"has smashed a lot of stigma attached to hair restoration.

I think a year ago HT to the majority was no different to wearing a toupe and no one must know.

Now thanks to Rooney,Nesbitt,Bryden etc in 5 years it will be know more embarrasing than admitting you got your teeth fixed.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

57mph, absolutely right - I get the feeling there is a lot of 'surgeon snobbery' about, and it doesn't help potential HT patients that there's so much sniping going on online aimed at anyone who's not X or Y's favourite surgeon. Maybe the Rooney story is another step towards building up the reputation of UK clinics as a credible, successful HT route. I for one am completely happy with my own experience.

Hmm yes maybe I'm a bit harsh with a chip on my shoulder but I had a few Ht grafts lodged in my skull that my uk dr left in there for me.

I would love this new Harley street medical to be a good practice I really would and so far it looks promising for the result I've just seen.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I stand by what I said about Rooney he did nothing brave at all. Although he is wise for learning the giggs lesson and not trying to hide and blag his way out.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

It would be great if there was a uk clinic that finally stepped up to the mark, and rws photos look good, but untill i see a lot more results i will always be sceptical of a lot of uk clinics.

Clinics that dont advertise who there doctors are from the outset, im always wary of.

Obviously Rooney is now their advertisment for their clinic .''IF'' this goes well they will get a lot of attention..But for me the clinic should never have performed the surgery on him anyway! Not because i am saying that they are unethical, its just that to me Rooney is not a great candidate for a hair transplant and this has the makings of a disaster written all over it.

Rooney is 25 years old, and his hair loss is very agressive. He has been on propecia sinc 2009 and his hair has got worse, so its obvious propecia is not working for him. His donor hair is very sparse at the back and sides, and he is also starting to dip at the back now. In fact he already has a thinning pattern showing a nw6/7. He may well enjoy having a nice hairline for a year or so but what worries me is, what state is his hair going to be in, in 2-3 years time?

He will be 28/9 and to me he is going to lose more hair and there will be no hiding from anyone. From what i have read from his comments, to me he has not done a lot of research, eg'' in a few months i will need hair gell''etc

Of course i could well be wrong and i hope this turns out great for him but i fear the worst.

How do u know he's on propecia mate? I would say he was a nw5a pal and unless I'm mistaken he's not spreading out to 6 at all it just seems his loss is getting worse in the nw5a area.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

He was quoted being on propecia on the redcafe ( manutd fans forum ) and the news papers had it written that he was taking it in 2009, as it was discussed weather footballers were aloud to take it, because some footballer had been banned from taking it apparantly!

So if this is true, then propecia hasnt worked for him that well, do ya reckon?

As to where he is heading hairloss wise, i suppose yeah you could be right nw5, but ive watched him recently in a lt of games and to me he looks as though he is starting to thin out at the back.

BS would you say at his age, and level of hair loss, plus future hair loss etc, that this was a good idea?