Wayne rooney new transplant?

Rooney has just had a transplant with Harley Street hair medical does anyone know anything about that clinic?

I get the feeling he is very ill informed as he has wrote on his twitter it's trending already so obviously he thinks it's growing and he also said he was delighted with the result lmao

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dutch imo Farjo is not that good anyway he just looks amazing in the uk but my teddy bear would be a top surgeon here and it's only got 1 eye, on the plus side he is safe as houses and would likely stand by his work if the result was quite bad.

Yes it's true rooney has wrote on twitter loads i'm wondering what he has had it's got to be fue.

I have no actual opinion on harley my self as i've never seen any of the work from there but i wondered what the general feeling is. Have you decided where you're gonna have yours dutch?

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I completely agree about Farjo. But he's still very decent. But I'd still pick one in Brussels or Turkey if I didn't want to travel outside Europe.

Rooney definitely needs FUT but I guess FUE is a lot easier to hide.

I have my man, there's only 1 doctor for me & you know it :D

Soon I'll be in his chair. More concerned about the scratches on the car at the moment. Kids & morons! Oh sorry didn't realise you parked your car here!

you'll soon forget about your car ha ha i had to sell mine to pay for the ht lol

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

yo guys , this is unreal one of the biggest public balding profile story in years and there is 4 posts , (dont get that atall) . he,sonly one of the RICHEST sportesmen in the WORLD and went london (harley st)

over to u spex !? :rolleyes:

Edited by ..

No idea but , i mean isnt it time to let go of the old schoolol menatlity slagging of places , a multi multi multi milliianaire chose london, wether its not the done deal in this place it has happend so let it be and lets see the results in in 12 months time before its been slagged

seems a very strange choice of surgeon to me too but then again what about Gordon Ramsey choosing Armani too i don't think the celebs really know who is the best. take Nicolas Cage for example his hair looks ridiculously harsh, not natural at all.

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

seems a very strange choice of surgeon to me too but then again what about Gordon Ramsey choosing Armani too i don't think the celebs really know who is the best. take Nicolas Cage for example his hair looks ridiculously harsh, not natural at all.

cage has been wearing a hair piece for years, be intresting to see this rooney ht tho.

My mother sent me the same article.

I'd like to know who performed Steve Carrell's HT. It would be nice to know where the celebs go!

i think were jsut best seeing whats been done and its results before we get fed the fear of the uk one more time. :rolleyes:

my biggest concern is that the new football season starts august 1st and his hair transplant is only going to be in the very early stages still in 3 months time. will it be ok for him to head the ball etc with the grafts just starting to pop through if they do grow that is? also wayne has a very fair complextion and when i had mine done i was red for longer that 3 months so will be intrested to see.

off topic for the record i am a man utd fan and i was at old traford the day rooney scored the overhead v man city was one of the best goals ive witnessed at old traford :)

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

I have no idea if his hair transplant is good or bad but I just wanted to emphasize that being wealthy does not necessarily make one a wise consumer. Yes, he could have gone anywhere in the world but perhaps he didn't bother to do any research or relied on the advice of others.

Just look at what happened here in the US a few years back when Priscilla Presley and the wives of some of Hollywood's most rich and famous were duped into having low-grade industrial silicone injected into their faces by a guy who wasn't even licensed to practice medicine here. They paid a hefty price for that misstep.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I have no idea if his hair transplant is good or bad but I just wanted to emphasize that being wealthy does not necessarily make one a wise consumer. Yes, he could have gone anywhere in the world but perhaps he didn't bother to do any research or relied on the advice of others.

It's funny... here's me trying to save up:rolleyes: Rooney just had a FUE transplant according to the papers. Bad enough the FUE will not give him the coverage he needs ( I think..) but he's a professional footballer due to start training in a few weeks. Surely all that heading the ball can't do any good for his new sprouting hairs..

his window of opportunity is always going to be small, this is as big as it gets for him

hope he gets good results, even though he didn't go with the best of the best that doesnt' mean it's going to be a botched job

It's funny... here's me trying to save up:rolleyes: Rooney just had a FUE transplant according to the papers. Bad enough the FUE will not give him the coverage he needs ( I think..) but he's a professional footballer due to start training in a few weeks. Surely all that heading the ball can't do any good for his new sprouting hairs..

this is exactly what i said in my post above

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

The result to one side.....i hope its a good one.......as much as i dont like him as a person ....i applaud his openess regarding the fact he has had the procedure.

its all good as far as im concerned that there is no reason to feel the need to be secretive over any kind of work that can have the potential for positive impact on ones self esteem and happiness.

Back to the result ....as its already been mentioned it seems that the summer break over the football season is no time for any kind of result to show.

he would be well advised to score all future goals with his feet only ...at least until late on in the year.

good luck to the lad.

i think fairplay to him for puttin it out on twitter n not tryin to hide it good on him, at least people now know his had it done and will expect him with hair not just pop a hat off one day n wow u got hair now, yes i agree with u all with the amount of money the blokes got and he went there madness, not that it matters to him but its costs more in london aswell

I found out about this yesterday too.

Big up Wayne Rooney for being THE MAN for not hiding it like all these hollywood pussies.

I hope his transplant turnes out to be successful one. We shell wait and see.

Fingers crossed Rooney!

I've always had this theory that the "rich and famous" don't perform their own research when it comes to what they consume. I feel as if they get to a point in life where they are so busy and requested that most of their daily activities are guided by a series of agents, managers, and assistants.

My guess is that when something like cosmetic surgery comes up, an assistant who probably doesn't utilize anything more advanced than Google, searches, finds what seems to be the "best" which, in many cases, is simply who advertises the best/is the most visible, and books an appointment.

Additionally, keep in mind that for the 1-2 cases of celebrity hair restoration cases we are aware of per year because they go through these high profile outlets, there are probably hundreds that go under the radar because they are performed discretely at world class clinics.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

One the one hand I want to applaud him for being so transparent and unashamed about it. On the other, it seems like hubris. He's gotten an HT from a place with a bad reputation and I doubt he's gotten approval from Man Utd staff to go on Propecia or Rogaine. His progress (regress?) will now be visible to the public in full-color and high-definition during each week's game. Interesting to see if he'll need to visit another surgeon in 3-5 years, and how proud and transparent he'll be about that when the time comes.

Jan 2000 - 600 FUT with Dr Kurgis (MHR)

Sept 2011 - 1411 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Jan 2013 - 1800 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Sep 2014 - 1000 FUE with Dr Paul Shapiro

My Hairloss Blog »

People go to different clinics for all sorts of reasons but Rooney should be applauded for bringing hair restoration more in to the limelight.I am sure he will be happy with his outcome and in the end that is all that really matters.

Although it may be true that most major celebrities have their "people" do the groundwork.I can testify that some actually do their own research because we have treated at least two "personalities" who found us through researching on HTN.

BS whilst entitled to your opinion I do find your comment a little inflamatory and a bit disrespectful to HTN itself and it's selection process..Every recommended surgeon on here is vetted and has to produce work of the highest standard on a consistent basis.

This is somehing that we do on a daily basis and show it both here and at hair conferences worldwide.

If you like, e mail me and i will arrange for you to meet several patients in the flesh and if that does not change your mind, nothing will.

Mick

Patient coordinator for Dr. Bessam Farjo who is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I mean no disrespect to anyone Ive just said I don't think farjos is amazing i just hear a lot of people go on about the clinic as if it's amazing but im not influenced by anything without seeing it my self and from the results I've seen on here you've never really blown me away compared to most of the other clinics do to earn the massive respect they get but your clinic is definitely worth the place in the coalition. I appreciate you're in the coalition of drs which i respect a lot as i know its not easy to get into but that doesn't mean people can not say something slightly negative because that would make a mockery of the coalition if we were not allowed to be negative and would mean the coalition was simply a protection racket which I know it is not.

Having said that I've only seen a small margin of your work so I'm sure there probably will be some wow results somewhere I just go on the basis your best work would be on here. All though im not really anyone with your experiance or knowledge it is my own honest opinion at the end of the day and im not trying to damage anyone it's just what I think really. I admit farjo is without doubt the best clinic in the uk!

Edited by bonkerstonker

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1