Best doctor for female hair grafts, any experiences with dr. epstein?

What is the best doctor for female hair grafting for lowering the hairline?

Price and location are not issues

I just want the most reliable doctor with the best results

Since I am not bald and I am just looking to get some hair grafts to lower my hairline.

Thanks

Edited by hairgirll

what doctors do you suggest?

i am not balding, just need to lower my hairline with grafts (about 2000 grafts)

location and price are not an issue

can you please let me know which are the best doctors for female hair grafts?

thanks

Edited by hairgirll

I was not balding and I had a procedure done, pretty much the same goals you have. now I have lost most of the hair in the frontal region. I would NOT do a procedure. If you talk to ANY ethical doctor, they will say the same. I would also go to a doctor that ONLY does hair transplants....NOT a plastic surgeon. In my opinion you can not do both and be effective. the old adage "jack of all trades, master of none definitely applies"

If you want an honest opinion, talk to Dr. Limmer, Rassman, Cooley, or Harris.

I was not balding and I had a procedure done, pretty much the same goals you have. now I have lost most of the hair in the frontal region. I would NOT do a procedure. If you talk to ANY ethical doctor, they will say the same. I would also go to a doctor that ONLY does hair transplants....NOT a plastic surgeon. In my opinion you can not do both and be effective. the old adage "jack of all trades, master of none definitely applies"

you mean that you lost the hair that was transplanted? why was the hair lost, was the procedure not performed correctly?

do you have any photos of the results?

were you trying to lower your hairline?

Hi Hairgirll,

Is this procedure an option for you?

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/160587-step-1-lower-hairline-via-reverse-browlift-dr-lindsey-mclean-va.html

I recently had FUE with Dr. Lindsey for my browlift scars and my experience was good.

is that grafting or lifting the scalp? i'm not looking for the procedure where they lift the scalp, the idea of that scares me so i am looking for a hair transplant, thanks for the link though

which procedure did you have, the FUT or the FUE?

and why did it turn out bad, do you think it was the mistake of the doctor?

that is a bit scary

like it wasn't performed right?

I have checked out dr. bernstein, if i were a male maybe i would go with him since he a pioneer in ht. but it seems he doesn't do as many procedures on female patients, when i try to get a consultation it says the consultation is done by another patient.

i've checked out some of the other websites but they are very small clinics and their websites don't seem very good, and no before/after photos or anything, so i'm not sure how reliable they are.

even though there are some bad experiences with dr. epstein, most of them are good results right?

i cant really find any other doctor who does a lot of female hair translplants.

i prefer a doctor that is very established with a lot of experience and that is known, maybe with many offices in the US or something.

i cant find many doctors who even do female transplants

It makes no difference if you're a man or a woman a mans donor hair can not be effected by dht just like a womans normal top hair so if a doctor is rubbish with a mans hair and can not make it grow well then he will be rubbish with a womans hair too. It's that simple, don't think because you're a woman your hair will definitely grow, if the surgery is not done well it will not grow.

If i was you i'd go to bisanga in brussels and get fue there is no need for a woman to have a big scar as you wont be losing hair like a man will in the future, so in theroy you have more donor hair than you can ever imagine lol

Edited by bonkerstonker

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Hairgirll,

For women in particular, since you're in or around NYC, I suggest that you consult with Dr. Dorin, Dr. Schweiger, Dr. Robin Unger or Dr. Wesley. All four are local NYC docs and I often see their names associated with regard to female patients—especially Dr. Schweiger.

I do have a friend who has an excellent result from Dr. Epstein, but that friend is a male. From what I've seen, I do think Epstein does quality work and has an especially good eye for cosmetic artistry. If I understand correctly, he is also a facial plastic surgeon and he lives in Miami—so what does that tell you! LOL!

A lady friend of mine consulted with Dr. Epstein and she was very impressed, but she was also very impressed with Wesley as well. Dr. Wesley is developing a scarless surgery procedure that he said should be available in late 2012. See him for details.

I consulted with both Epstein and Wesley and I too was impressed. I really like Wesley though. Search through my posts to find a review that I wrote about him.

As for Dr. Schweiger, he works mostly with female hair loss sufferers so I think that you should definitely see him. If I understand correctly, he is something of the “go to” doctor for female hair loss sufferers. He works out of Bernstein Medical, NYC.

As for Dr. Dorin (the doctor I chose), I've seen a lot of his female patient results so I would definitely recommend him too, of course. His B&A book was just full of female patients!

I hear very good things about Dr. Robin Unger as well. She is the daughter of Walter Unger who was a pioneer in the HT industry and is highly regarded by many. I have to surmise that woman doctor would intuitively understand the unique needs of a female hair loss sufferer.

As I tell everyone, you should consult with several doctors before making your decision. A good HT, is a well researched HT. Research takes time and patience. I think you'll find a lot of people who will to help you along the way.

If you like, I can put you in contact with my female friend who is also in pursuit of a doctor. I think maybe you two may want to compare notes. She's very thorough in her research and has impressed me with her due diligence. PM me if you'd like her contact info and I'll put you in touch, with her permission of course.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

i dont care about anyone being local, location has 0 influence on my decision because i can go anywhere, i am travelling now so i'm not even in nyc (don't want to say where i am at the moment).

i will check out the doctors that you mentioned, thanks for the suggestions :)

It makes no difference if you're a man or a woman a mans donor hair can not be effected by dht just like a womans normal top hair so if a doctor is rubbish with a mans hair and can not make it grow well then he will be rubbish with a womans hair too. It's that simple, don't think because you're a woman your hair will definitely grow, if the surgery is not done well it will not grow.

If i was you i'd go to bisanga in brussels and get fue there is no need for a woman to have a big scar as you wont be losing hair like a man will in the future, so in theroy you have more donor hair than you can ever imagine lol

but the FUE procedure does not work well?

and the scar is invisible? although its long, that's true i dont like the scar

but i dont trust europe when it comes to surgery, if something goes wrong you can't sue them, so it has to be in the states

so you are recommending this brussels doctor to everyone, man or woman?

i dont care about anyone being local, location has 0 influence on my decision because i can go anywhere, i am travelling now so i'm not even in nyc (don't want to say where i am at the moment).

i will check out the doctors that you mentioned, thanks for the suggestions :)

do those doctors have websites? i like doctors that are known and have big businesses, a lot of offices, etc. which usually means they have a good website

Hairgirll,

Even if you can travel anywhere in the world, I still recommend those doctors for a woman who wants to lower her hairline. It's only natural that NYC has the best and the brightest of the scientific and medical community.

Now that I think about it a little more, I also suggest Dr. Rahal. He's just great with hairlines. He is located in Ottawa, Canada which is only a 90 minute flight from NYC.

Yes, they all have very nice websites that are easily located via Google.

Corvettester

If you pick a quality surgeon, there won't be any thought of sueing them as it's very likely that you will get a great result but nothing is guaranteed obviously.

Bisanga is a quality surgeon. There are some excellent surgeons in Europe. In the states & Canada, there are many elite surgeons.

I have a female relative who is going to go to Dr Hasson in Vancouver. You'll struggle to try and find a better doctor than him. As for reputation & the volume of patients that you refer to, you won't get many doctors that can match Hasson.

Rahal is excellent and does FUE. He's in Canada too.

They all have websites.

Look at videos on YouTube for Hasson, Bisanga etc.

Good luck!

Dr Umar in usa is a fue master too but bisanga is supposed to be better.

Forget about good websites and offices that's a big mistake to judge a surgeon on that. If websites and offices decided how good your ht would be then bosley would be top notch not the butchers they are.

Also why would you have piece of your scalp removed when you can just have fue? They don't just remove your top 1 mm of scalp and extract the grafts they remove a piece of scalp more or less down to your skull mine was around 8mm thick. Fue works just the same the only difference is you don't get big 4 hair grafts they're more 2's and 1's which is exactly what you need for a good hairline anyway.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

you mean that you lost the hair that was transplanted? why was the hair lost, was the procedure not performed correctly?

do you have any photos of the results?

were you trying to lower your hairline?

90% of the transplanted hair never grew. I lost all of my natural hair in my hairline from trauma. I am now left with 2-3 hair grafts scattered in my almost non-existent hairline. I just wanted to fill in my temples and this is what happened

which procedure did you have, the FUT or the FUE?

and why did it turn out bad, do you think it was the mistake of the doctor?

that is a bit scary

like it wasn't performed right?

FUT - and you are correct. worst experience of my life -- i am now disfigured because of it

90% of the transplanted hair never grew. I lost all of my natural hair in my hairline from trauma. I am now left with 2-3 hair grafts scattered in my almost non-existent hairline. I just wanted to fill in my temples and this is what happened

Hey usedandabused,

Sorry to hear about your poor result.

Have you created a hair loss website or blog? I can't find any photos of you results. I'd really like to see some though. Many thanks.

Corvettester

If you pick a quality surgeon, there won't be any thought of sueing them as it's very likely that you will get a great result but nothing is guaranteed obviously.

Bisanga is a quality surgeon. There are some excellent surgeons in Europe. In the states & Canada, there are many elite surgeons.

I have a female relative who is going to go to Dr Hasson in Vancouver. You'll struggle to try and find a better doctor than him. As for reputation & the volume of patients that you refer to, you won't get many doctors that can match Hasson.

Rahal is excellent and does FUE. He's in Canada too.

They all have websites.

Look at videos on YouTube for Hasson, Bisanga etc.

Good luck!

i just want a US surgeon, i'd never use a surgeon outside the US

are there any doctors that a lot of people can recommend?

the problem with the recommendations so far is that everyone is recommending something different

i prefer a surgeon that is unanimously agreed on is very good

Hairgirll,

Even if you can travel anywhere in the world, I still recommend those doctors for a woman who wants to lower her hairline. It's only natural that NYC has the best and the brightest of the scientific and medical community.

Now that I think about it a little more, I also suggest Dr. Rahal. He's just great with hairlines. He is located in Ottawa, Canada which is only a 90 minute flight from NYC.

Yes, they all have very nice websites that are easily located via Google.

Corvettester

i dont live in NYC so it doesnt matter that its 90 minutes flight

is there a difference though for women, and men? you would recommend different doctors for women than for men? since you said for a woman who wants to lower her hairline.

thats horrible :mad:

do you have photos?

FUT - and you are correct. worst experience of my life -- i am now disfigured because of it

how exactly was the procedure not performed correctly though? did the hair grafts get transplanted into the wrong places? or what was the error exactly?