Help! I just got 2,000 grafts of FUT ..but i lost most of my hair after surgery!

Hi

I am a 26 year old guy and have been losing my hair.. its in the family. I am a norwood 5V and have a fairly small head. Its more like a horsehead lol.

I recently got a FUT from dr. eric holzer of hairclub here in the bay area. He has done over 9000 procedures. I recieved 2,000 hairgrafts and most of it is to fix the front hairline. A few days after the surgery..it seems that I lost most of my hair on top... My original hair that I have before the transplantation. It maybe shock loss or something. Will it grow back? Or I lost those hair permanently? I am very worried and have been depressed about it.... I was not on any medication or anyhting like that prior to the surgery.

Please help!

David,

First of all welcome to the forum. Second...don't panic!

Although shockloss is common, I'm not sure I have heard of a case where shock loss set in just a few days after surgery.

However, generally speaking, If the hair that was shocked was already in the miniaturizing stages, it may not reurn.

If the shocked hair was not miniaturizing it will likely grow back.

Also, HT can make your existing hair look pretty bad for while. So maybe you really haven't lost any, it just appears that way.

As for why you didn't recieve more grafts, this is something that should have been discussed with your surgeon prior to the HT. It could be that he determined that 2k grafts were all that you needed.

Hang in there, I seriously doubt you lost much hair just a few dfays after surgery.

Keep us posted,

Atomic

Hi

I am a 26 year old guy and have been losing my hair.. its in the family. I am a norwood 5V and have a fairly small head. Its more like a horsehead lol.

I recently got a FUT from dr. eric holzer of hairclub here in the bay area. He has done over 9000 procedures. I recieved 2,000 hairgrafts and most of it is to fix the front hairline. A few days after the surgery..it seems that I lost most of my hair on top... My original hair that I have before the transplantation. It maybe shock loss or something. Will it grow back? Or I lost those hair permanently? I am very worried and have been depressed about it.... I was not on any medication or anyhting like that prior to the surgery.

Please help!

Hey David,

I just had my procedure done 11 days ago. I also notice some of my native hair is falling out ( I notice after soaking my head in the tub ) and I agree with the comments from Atomic..."It depends" If the hair was alreadyu on its way to falling out, this may have expedited it. However if it was caused truely by shock loss and was viable, it will return. I'll keep you updated on my progress - please do the same.

Experienced does not necessarily mean skilled. I wonder how many of those 9,000 transplants resulted in satisfied customers.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

And if a doc has been doing work for 35 years you can be damn sure there were a handful of plug jobs along the way. Just sayin'....

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• 1 year later...
Hi

Please help!

Did your shock loss recover? i am at 3.5 months and have had a TON of shockloss. I would love to know how you made out.