Here we go...Surgery w/ Dr. Dorin 2616 grafts

MC222

I checked out a few Dr's in Philadelphia with no luck. I was all set to go to Pistone but after not getting the best impression during the consult w/ his assistant and reading some reviews, I headed up to New York to see Dr. Dorin.

Everyone from the front desk staff to Doctors True and Dorin were great. I realize this will be a long process and I'm excited to share it with you all.

Before any procedure I was a 3v-4..

MCLOUD1_Long.JPG

Immediately after surgery:

1.jpg

2.jpg

Congrats on choosing a great doc!! How many grafts were placed on your crown and what kind of density did the good doc say you would achieve back there?

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Congrats on choosing a great doc!! How many grafts were placed on your crown and what kind of density did the good doc say you would achieve back there?

Hopefully this isn't a duplicate....I believe there are 700-800 on the crown. Dr. Dorin mentioned that it won't completely fill it in but it will be a nice improvement. By doing this I also locked myself into a second procedure (most likely) as I will lose native hair over time. I just hope that the proscar and rogain hold it off for many many years.

Congratulations and good luck!

I'm interested to see your results as you and I have similar hair characteristics (mine is just longer) and we went to the same doc.

Grow well!

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

Congratulations and good luck!

I'm interested to see your results as you and I have similar hair characteristics (mine is just longer) and we went to the same doc.

Grow well!

Corvettester

Thx man - If I get results like you have thus far I will be very happy. Enjoy the holiday weekend!

So after 11 days obviously there is not much to report. I wish I had a few more sleeping pills and getting the stitches out hurt as there was some crusting. All in all I am still excited. Going back to work was a bit tricky as I am not telling anyone, I got one or two looks but no one said anything...

The crown of my head bothers me 3x's more than the frontal area and I just have to be patient with the numbness..I read that it can take 3-6 months to get normal sensation back...wow! I missed that at first, but I'll live. How long is this incision area going to bother me? I am hoping in just a few more days I can start to sleep normally.

The crown of my head bothers me 3x's more than the frontal area and I just have to be patient with the numbness..I read that it can take 3-6 months to get normal sensation back...wow! I missed that at first, but I'll live. How long is this incision area going to bother me? I am hoping in just a few more days I can start to sleep normally.

McCloud,

It took me about 3-4 months to get normal sensation back to the scalp. The weird part was that it was mostly numb in the midsection where I didn't have any grafts placed.:confused:

The donor incision bothered me for a good three weeks until I got back to sleeping normal again. I had to go back to Dr. Dorin to get a refill on the pain killers because I just wasn't comfortable enough without them. I gradually phased them out over the three week period.

Hang in there, bro.

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

People look at each other all the time, but you might just be extra aware now that you think people should be looking. And remember: those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Best of luck to your new growth!

mcloud,

Congrats on the procedure with Dr. Dorin.

Can you post some updated pics when you get a chance. I'm curious to see how the healing is going.

I'm going to see Dr. Dorin myself in 2 weeks....14 years after my first HT (with a different doc).

Best of luck to you!

mcloud,

Can you post some updated pics when you get a chance. I'm curious to see how the healing is going.

I'm going to see Dr. Dorin myself in 2 weeks....14 years after my first HT (with a different doc).

Best of luck to you!

Sure, will do when I get home from work.

The office runs very smooth. If you meet a guy named Jose he will keep you laughing and at ease.

McCloud,

It took me about 3-4 months to get normal sensation back to the scalp. The weird part was that it was mostly numb in the midsection where I didn't have any grafts placed.:confused:

The donor incision bothered me for a good three weeks until I got back to sleeping normal again. I had to go back to Dr. Dorin to get a refill on the pain killers because I just wasn't comfortable enough without them. I gradually phased them out over the three week period.

Hang in there, bro.

Corvettester

How in the world I have two screen names (MC222) I do not know, I will just try to stick with this one...Anyways ...

Thx for the advice. I was able to bypass any pain killers/tylenol after about the 9th day. Some nights are tough and what I am noticing now (after 14 days) is that the crusts are starting to fall off and there is a small amount of shedding. Not sure if all or just some will shed but either way I don't worry about it. I hate the sensitivity @ the crown of my head, putting a shirt on/off can be very annoying. I know it too will pass and my I'll let my 15 month old start beating me up again in a few months when it heals up.

• 2 weeks later...
mcloud,

Best of luck to you!

Sorry it took so long and best of luck. Got my first hair cut today. No pain really, and the major shedding that began about 21 days after the procedure went quickly. Within 3-4 days it was finished. I look more bald now then when I started, but I knew that would be the case. I hope all goes well and don't order the chix parm sandwich, mine wasn't too good :-)

http://youtu.be/DeCxaU_E2YA

Thanks mcloud....and thanks for the tip about the chicken parm sandwich. Maybe they should add that to the pre-op instructions. :)

Definitely post some pics of your progress when you get a chance.

The youtube link you posted is private, so I can't access it.

• 5 months later...

7 Month Update - So far so good, noticable growth and I am very pleased. One thing I have noticed is that if I get my haircut with any closer blade than 3.5, my wife says you can see the scar line. I am hoping this will get b etter, but a 3.5 isn't far off considering I typically use a 2.5 or a 3.

7379.jpg