Toronto doctor recommendation (Rahal, Simmons, Rosenberg?)

JasonB

Hey I am considering a transplant soon and I am in Toronto and from reading the forums it seems like these 3 doctors (Rahal, Simmons, Rosenberg) are the most recommended. I was also considering Cotterill, Mackenzie, Ferreira and Jones but not as much anymore give your recommendations.

Out of Rahal, Simmons and Rosenberg who do you think is the best to go wtih?

Thanks!

Is that a Question? lol... Rahal of course. No doubt.. Rahal is among the best HT doctors in the world beside Shapiro and H&W.

I will leave the question to others to answer. Good luck.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Rahal. While Dr. Simmons is in the upper echelon of ht physicians, Dr. Rahal can transplant a hairline as good and natural as original.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

I'd consult Rahal, Simmons, and H@W if I were in Canada. Heck, I'd it if I were from anywhere. Great clinics.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

JasonB, i was in the same boat as you after consulting with most of the doctors you have listed. After reading reviews and also speaking with a few people I chose Dr. Simmons as he is a coalition member and produces excellent results. You can see his results on the forums. I would say H&W, Rahal, and Simmons are the best in Canada. Personally, H&W charge a lot more for the simple reason that they perform mega sessions. If you are in Toronto and are going to have a HT with 3600 grafts or less I would recommend going with Dr. Simmons. I have a friend who also had a transplant by him and has has excellent results.

I just had my HT with Dr. Simmons about a week and a half ago and had a great experience. His staff has been working with him for about two decades and he himself has much experience. You will not be dissapointed.

I don't think Simmons is in the same league as Rahal and H&W. If you are going for hairline,I would pick Rahal ofcourse I'm biased because my doctor was Rahal. You can check out my 11 month results under patient results. Good luck

I'd go to Bosley mate...

Kidding.

Rahal all the way.

Obviously I am biased.

Good Luck

Cheers,

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

meet and consult with them all and then decide IMO

it's a big enough decision with a large enough price tag that it's worth the trouble

although i will say, i love the idea that Rahal's home base is about 5 minutes away from my work so if i ever do decide to go the HT route, Rahal will be my choice due to proximity and reputation!

After getting some quotes, it seems like Dr. Rahal will be a significant amount more expensive than Dr. Simmons or other lesser known docs like Jones or Cotterill. His price was actually pretty alarming to me but I do need a big megasession and he seems able to do more grafts then any other doctor that consulted with me online.

Its a hard decision financially. Although I want to go with Rahal I have to ask if his result will be worth the large price difference from other docs like Simmons.

I think personally you should take everything into consideration but the most priority should be given to results. Then i guess the price and travel. For me, since I was impressed with Dr. Simmons results as I did not find any bad feedback or much difference between Dr. Rahal and his results (when comparing result pics on these forums and the sites) and since I was in Toronto and Dr. Simmons prices were very reasonable, i went with Dr. Simmons.

I did not want to keep having to travel to Ottawa for follow up appointments at 1 month, 6 month and 9 month mark or in case i had issues post surgery and had to see him as again.

So my advise to you is to consider everything because you will be spending a lot of money for this.

I don't see too many patient results with Simmons. I do believe he is cheaper. I remember an ex patient of his by the name Megatron. I don't believe he posts anymore. Do a search on him. He has his result posted on this cite.

Guest Ian512017155

I would go with rahal. I can possible see how Dr. Simmons prices are much cheaper then Rahals prices, beause his price is very competitive and is on the lower end of the price scale.

Guest Ian512017155

what does simmons charge per graft. I know Rahal its $4 for the first 2500 and then $3 a graft for anything over 2500 grafts. Along w/ a travel discount up to $1000, plus they have their own room/board place which is cheap, around $65 a night I believe.

Most HT doctors in Toronto keep their prices low because it is very competitive in Toronto with so many surgeons. Other places such as Ottawa where there is not much competition the surgeons can keep their prices high without much impact. Another thing to keep in mind is that surgeons who perform mega sessions usually keep their prices high as well. For example, H&W and Rahal perform mega sessions while Simmons does not.

Hello All

My 2 cents - almost went with a Dr not reccomended here last year in Ontario, glad I didnt, glad I found this board before booking,,,,,,,,,,

I went with Simmons

reasons:

1) I live close to Toronto - dont want to travel if I dont have to- if there is a problem I would have a large expense to go fly and what would the Dr do but maybe do a touch up...Going with Rahual or h&W dosent gurantee great results - recent post of a indivuudal that received 6000 grafts with sub par results

2) Simmons is professional - non pushy

3) yes limited reviews of him but all good

4) Price was good ,

5) the whole experience was great , I was sweating when I went in that morning, but with medication I felt great , watched about 5 movies , was talking , had a great sleep the first night , I am sure with the aid of the sleeping pills , he dosent shave the area..no staples .....that was a consideration dont want to look like a clown with my head shaved or staples -----2 schools of thought on this ... I am sure both are good

I had less then 2500 grafts ....how if one is needing more work done like 3500+ grafts then I concur that possibly Rahul and H&W may be better choices because of there experiece in this area for mega sessions first time around

I am 6 months out , my kids say my hair looks better, My wife a hair stylist when I asked her my hair now out of 10 she said 8 / 10....I asked her what would you say it was before , about a 4 ............was it worth it .....YES.....I am 42 and look about 10 years yonger now

Johnny1386, I don't know if you put out your six month result but I think it's important that you to do for this community. I saw your post up pics and the work looks very good but 2500 grafts in that large of an area would still leave you looking thin but I would like to see the 6 month result just to be sure.

That looks pretty good but thumbnail pic is very small and somewhat blurry. It would be easier to comment on your result if you take a larger picture and a top view. You def got growth. Just like to see the overall of transplanted area