Dr Unger

lisa

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lisa. I just read your post now... Funny you should ask as I had the exact same question a while back. It looks like this forum doesnt have much on either doctor, yet they both (well Walter for sure) come so highly recommended in the NY area. I met with him ages ago and I was really impressed with his work, although I just feel that in order to follow through and schedule surgery I still need more feedback...

El Nino, with all due respect, you don't need to do much research to come across Dr. Walter Unger. He is pretty much every HT surgeons' mentor, he has written pretty much all the books on the subject and he helped developed many of the techniques used today! As far as results go, I too couldn't find many results on the internet. My advice to anyone on this site, is that the coalition list is not the be all and end all of good HT surgeons. There are some of the best in the world on that list, but not all of the worlds' best doctors are on the list. Dr. Walter Unger should absolutely be on that list but its his choice not to be. By the way I am in no way connected to him, nor have I have has a surgery done with him. I am going through the process right now of finding a surgeon...

El Nino, with all due respect, you don't need to do much research to come across Dr. Walter Unger. He is pretty much every HT surgeons' mentor, he has written pretty much all the books on the subject and he helped developed many of the techniques used today! As far as results go, I too couldn't find many results on the internet. My advice to anyone on this site, is that the coalition list is not the be all and end all of good HT surgeons. There are some of the best in the world on that list, but not all of the worlds' best doctors are on the list. Dr. Walter Unger should absolutely be on that list but its his choice not to be. By the way I am in no way connected to him, nor have I have has a surgery done with him. I am going through the process right now of finding a surgeon...

No worries LSorvats.

I just googled him and looked at his website which seemed ok. Nothing else really, good or bad.

Personally for me this wouldn't be good enough but everyone is different. And yes there are great Surgeons not recommended on this site like Dr. Bisanga in Belgium.

Good luck with your search, and if you do go to Dr. Unger please share your photos on this site so people can get an idea of what he's like.