Recovery Times

Hi All,

I am very excited to go in next week and have my first procedure (~2500 grafts) done with Dr. Dorin. Now I know what the doctors tell me about recovery times...Just out of curiosity, anyone have any tips for getting back to work and looking as normal as possible, how long does it take before I look "normal"? Working in a corporate environment I cannot say that I am willing to advertise my hair procedure.

I look forward to contributing in the future!

Edited by mcloud222

It depends on a few things- how much time have you booked off? How bad is your loss, so what's your norwood loss? So just to consider if you can brush hair forward to hide the area. I'm in the same boat & work in an office. I'm booking 6 wks off. You may want to buy nanogen/toppik to cover the scar & shock loss. If you are having a strip surgery that is.

Congrats on your surgery, wishing you the best of luck. He's a very capable surgeon

Edited by Dutch

If you can afford it, Graftcyte spray is great for healing. Also, applying witch hazel a couple times a day helps the redness go away. Here is a great post by the well respected Spex: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/149257-down-time.html

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

I had my procedure with Dr. Dorin too. I have very fair skin and dirty blonde hair. By 10 days post-op, you couldn't really tell any difference unless you really concentrated.

Thus, I'd say 8 days to play it safe. However, the darker your skin, the less it will show. Either way, it doesn't look like anything more than a minor rash or acne. It really was a nonissue for me.

Check out my profile or hair loss blog to see how I looked 10 days post-op. Good luck wiht your procedure.

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

I've got olive skin and was told to expect very minimal discoloration. However, I was super pink for several weeks after both my procedures.

The first time around, I had very little hair on top with which to hide it. After my second transplant, I was able to comb my existing hair forward and hide the pinkish hue and the stubble from my grafts pretty well.

As Dutch pointed out, it depends on a few factors.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website