2,100 grafts (FUT) with Dr. Cooley

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I have my first HT procedure with Dr. Cooley. We focused primarily on lowering the hairline and temple regions (as well as reinforcing the area directly behind the hairline. I could not have been more pleased with the excellent care I received from Dr. Cooley and has wonderful staff. I know it hasn't even been 24 hours yet, but I'm in little to no pain, or swelling, and feeling very excited! I'm attaching some pre and post op pics from my phone cam sorry that it's not of the best quality).

hair_1.jpg.66135bd54c6b8c7dd540eeeb6e562df0.jpg

hair_2.jpg.fd19602a44bd46cdfbe7cdce1d5afdfb.jpg

hair_3.jpg.9159ccd2dff372945a46b4d673307169.jpg

post_1.jpg.e3037740e69af458ae71c44a3559ccb8.jpg

post_3.jpg.3ce9637ec73ff461e798a35f5db4ecb5.jpg

post_2.jpg.3ff341ecfc5d1093bc14e966f6151119.jpg

2100 grafts in that sized area is going to give you some very nice density. Contratulations on your surgery with Dr Cooley! He is on my top 5 list.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

2100 grafts in that sized area is going to give you some very nice density. Contratulations on your surgery with Dr Cooley! He is on my top 5 list.

Thanks WC! You should definitely check out Dr. Cooley; he's a excellent surgeon who also has wonderful interpersonal skills (a trait that misses many surgeons).

Looks good BH,I have a question or two,how long did it take time wise to do 2100 grafts and from looking at the pics you didn't have to shave down which is a PLUS,I'm looking into Cooley and doing a consultation,if you could maybe show a pic of the donor area.

Just a guess I think I would need about half of what you got to touch up the hair line,keep is updated.

Looks good BH,I have a question or two,how long did it take time wise to do 2100 grafts and from looking at the pics you didn't have to shave down which is a PLUS,I'm looking into Cooley and doing a consultation,if you could maybe show a pic of the donor area.

Just a guess I think I would need about half of what you got to touch up the hair line,keep is updated.

Thanks! From the start to finish for the placing the grafts, I believe it was about 10 hours. Right, I didn't have to shave, and Dr. Cooley doesn't require it (which was import for me too). I'll try to get some donor area shots in the next week--it's a lot harder to take those by yourself than the hairline!

BH,

Congratulations! I'm very happy to hear that you had an excellent experience at the hands of Dr. Cooley and staff. The new hairline is going to look amazing!

Happy growing!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

So, it's been about 7 weeks since my procedure. There has been a few hairs popping up in the front, but not much (and I know it's still very early). I am somewhat concerned about my donor scar. It still feels raised (in one area in particular), is that normal to experience at this stage? I've avoided working out, as to not stretch the scar, and when I have the sutures removed, the tech said how clean it was, and that the scar would be very hard to detect. Am I just being paranoid, or is this "raised" feeling on the scar a concern?

Thanks!

Boston,

Thank you for sharing your story and post-operative photographs. Frankly, I think the work looks great and this should be an excellent transformation when finally matured.

As far as the scar question: from what I've heard, flattening of the scar can take some time, and as long as you aren't experiencing any bleeding or a noticeable infection, it shouldn't be too troubling at 7 weeks post-operative. Having said that, I do recommend contacting Dr. Cooley and asking the clinic the same question.

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hi Boston-

Thank you for sharing your experience! Looks great. I am excited for my 1st HT with Dr. Cooley (a month from yesterday...)

You are having concerns about your scar- just curious, did Dr. Cooley use the Acell sheet in the donor?

Hi Boston-

Thank you for sharing your experience! Looks great. I am excited for my 1st HT with Dr. Cooley (a month from yesterday...)

You are having concerns about your scar- just curious, did Dr. Cooley use the Acell sheet in the donor?

Grease,

Good question. I was actually wondering the same thing (regarding ACell) after I'd made my initial post.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Acell was used, but not the sheets, it was injections.

Cool. I believe during my consultation they said they were planning on "placing a sheet of acell" in the wound for me. I guess they are still working out the exact method of placement, but either way, I am looking forward to seeing how that scar heals!