6000 grafts by dr hasson.very sad :(

i want amans result to be good ?$%^ you for suggesting otherwise lorenzo,all im doing is not getting his hopes up in the event he is let down at 12months because everyone is saying only positive things regarding his situation when i think at nearly 7 months its not looking good,i 1000% percent hope im wrong!!!

You never answered the question i asked you a few posts back lorenzo,would be grateful if you could answer it,thanks.

And to clarify lorenzos statement i have not posted all negative posts on this forum,i have posted on 2 recent threads thats all ones where i feel i can help,dont see the point in commenting on good results as they speak for themselves and dont need help and advice.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mars I am sorry if I sounded harsh. That was not my intentions I apologize. Anyways

Lorenzo in your opinion do these patients that have 20% growth at 6 months do they end up with a similiar result to those with 80% growth at 6 months when they reach the 1 year mark or even 1.5 years post op?

You have to take alot into consideration because no two hair transplants are the same. I have seen a case of an italian patient that had 2500 grafts to fix his hairline at 5 months he looked good and to compare it to another one that recieved 5500 grafts that didnt look that great at 6 months. At the 1 year point the patient that recieved 5500 grafts look much more of a wow results compared to the repair only because he was a NW4-5 and the different was huge. While the patient with the 2500 grafts to repair softened the hairline and most people only saw a small difference.

I have seen situation where a patient goes from 3 month update to 12 month update skipping everything in between. Some of the Italians I have emailed and ask why didnt they show the pictures in between they stated there was very little difference until around 9 months or so.

Other situation patients do post 6 month picture under the best circumstances (lighting angles and hairstyle) in order to get a postive response because lets face it most people want to hear positive. I have seen some pictures people post and other comment that looks amazing and even in some cases looks like the patient is even wearing concealer.

In Arman situation I do HONESTLY feel that he first posted his picture wet and then posted it in a not so flattered style. Even with that you do indeed see progress. I am sure he will continue to post to lets wait and see. It is too early to call this both successful or not.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

" One doesn't need to have played major league baseball to know that a .220 average stinks."

@Shadow: That's true, but we also can never truly understand the pressures of what it's like to have to perform on a major league team without playing the game, can we? It's very easy to sit on the sidelines and boo.

If/when you do have a HT maybe you will finally get it... And yes, this forum is educational but it is also a support group. You've been here for eight years, you should know that by now. Telling someone at 6 month's time they might have just blown their savings on a failed surgery when there's absolutely nothing they can do about it is very irresponsible and actually vicious, imo. The excuse of "preparing him for the worst" is bogus, and in this particular case I believe the photos show otherwise.

@Mars: Yes, he had 6k grafts spread over a very large, bald surface. That's going to take some time for the grafts to grow, then mature. I came on here just a few weeks ago to report on my temple point growth. One side appeared to be lagging behind. I am 13 months post-op and literally in the span of a few weeks the side that looked thin looks so much better. The hairs are maturing, growing longer, and lending to a fuller appearance. That's what you guys are just not getting: HTs, if done by a great surgeon like Hasson, for the most part will end up looking great after 12 months, but it takes 12 MONTHS! Yes, there are failures, but to say at six months that it might be a failure because it's not looking as it should is just ludicrous. Had my result looked like it did at 6 months I would have been very disappointed.

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Sorry guys, I had to go back and do one more A&B to make sure I was not perhaps remiss in my opinion. If you double AND thicken the growth he has now it will be a great result, and that's what I believe he is on track for.

Aman, Your Ht is going to look great and I mean that sincerely. Good growing.

KIL8OLK.jpg.b90be13a43ec9a1d34e5f34c32046268.jpg

IMAG0082-1.jpg.68e971c80f43f3021bad1aec99585768.jpg

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Whats weird is the before photo taken by h&w in the comparison thread that aman started-aman looks to have more hair in that photo than the before shot above uploaded by hairhere,any one else see this???

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

Another pre/post comparison.... and I think his hair is wet in the post. NO growth...really?

1017100718-02.jpg.666310701b2caf8493c3a251f52e0b26.jpg

IMAG0082-1.jpg.86a4b82e19aef52a4d17167e52a5f99b.jpg

@Shadow: That's true, but we also can never truly understand the pressures of what it's like to have to perform on a major league team without playing the game, can we? It's very easy to sit on the sidelines and boo.

The comparison escapes me.

If/when you do have a HT maybe you will finally get it... And yes, this forum is educational but it is also a support group. You've been here for eight years, you should know that by now. Telling someone at 6 month's time they might have just blown their savings on a failed surgery when there's absolutely nothing they can do about it is very irresponsible and actually vicious, imo.
Well, at least you're admitting the truth: that your objection to my comments is based not on the belief that they're necessarily inaccurate but rather on the feeling that my honest opinion is "too mean." As I said earlier, I would never go out of my way to be nasty to anyone, but nor would I lie to preserve the feelings of a grown man who has asked for an honest opinion. If a person has asked for an honest opinion, as Aman impliedly did, then I owe it to him to be honest. This notion, bandied about here, that I should praise it if it looks good but say nothing if it looks bad is unabashed rubbish.

I think it's a shame that men have become so feminized in the age of political correctness that some of us now prefer a salutary lie to a painful truth. God knows, I'd never want anyone to lie to me about such things, and if I ever found out that someone did, I'd be very angry. When I ask for an opinion, I want the truth, not a bunch of anodyne remarks intended to treat me as if I were a child with an eggshell psyche.

Edited by Shadow of the EMpire State

i think aman needs to take new photos to clear this up,i was leaning one way now the other a bit,the before and after photo's are misleading with angles lighting..aman when you read this could you take photos to match your pre op whether its indoor or out,angles and lighting etc..

I think this thread is going away from the point. People are getting called liers for expessing their opinion. Some people thoughts are being twisted in order for some people to prove their point. Regardless I feel the before and after pictures do show there is a different and definately growth. Its good that Mars appears to be open minded and even he is able see that too. Regardless at 6.5 months its still a bit early to come to any conclusion. If we start to make negative comments at 6 months then this would probaly would happen in most situations.

Regardless lets all stay patient and wait for the pictures in the future in order to give a fair judgement of the hair transplant.

Shadow, I stated my opinion quite clearly, but you want to take my comments out of context: I think his growth is FINE FOR SIX MONTHS, as proven by the B&A photos you seem to conveniently ignore. I AM NOT JUST TRYING TO MAKE HIM FEEL BETTER. I ALSO think this particular patient is in a very fragile state as evidenced by his frantic posting. His panic is unfounded imho and you are needlessly perpetuating his paranoia.

If he comes back here in six months and his results look like this I will tell him that his HT failed and that he's completely F!@king screwed......OK? Manly enough for you, tough guy?

Edited by hairthere

Hairthere thanks for your opinion. Its nice to get an outside opinion without anyone accusing you of being biast.

he comes back here in six months and his results look like this I will tell him that his HT failed and that he's completely F!@king screwed......OK? Manly enough for you, tough guy?

Yes but if he comes back in 6 months with a good results I am sure you wont hear a word.

Lorenzo, As someone who has actually had a transplant you understand the reality of the situation. This guy had a high level of baldness and six months is way too early to speculate if it's a failure. You know how quickly appearance of hair changes with a HT. Within weeks the situation can improve, especially in the latter months of a HT.

Here are a bunch of 6 month results. Most you will find are about the same density as Aman. To be fair, one or two seem to have better density. I think you'll find most guys with advanced baldness look about the same as Aman at 6 months, though. Of course everyone grows differently. That's all I'm going to contribute to this thread: frankly, I think I made my point long ago and it's become tedious now:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/160769-5-month-update-dr-dorin-2500-graphs.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/159290-6-month-update-2700-dr-alexander.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/158700-6-month-update-dr-feller.html

Hair Restoration Journal -Six Month Update

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/137986-6-month-post-op-dr-wong.html

Hair Restoration Journal -15 Twenty six weeks (6 months)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/157884-dr-wong-6-month-update-pics.html'>http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/157884-dr-wong-6-month-update-pics.html'>http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/157884-dr-wong-6-month-update-pics.html'>http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/157884-dr-wong-6-month-update-pics.html

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/journal.asp?CopyID=235&WebID=69

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/journal.asp?CopyID=6985&WebID=1834

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/160574-dr-ron-shapiro-6-mos-result-1663-graft-3298-hairs.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/159484-6-month-joy-dr-feller-patient-2250-fut.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/157951-3-168-grafts-african-american-male-6months.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/160199-6-month-results-one-session-2254-grafts-4390-hairs-fut-robert-haber-md.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/159403-dr-ron-shapiro-fut-6-months-result-pics-sent-patient.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/155124-rjvw-@-6-month-photos-dr-epstein.html

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/journal.asp?CopyID=552&WebID=97

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/157884-dr-wong-6-month-update-pics.html

Edited by hairthere

Hairthere thanks. Great examples but I somehow doubt your point will be acknowledged.

When i used to come on this forum this clinic had zero negative posts

How things have changed

I really wanted to go there now im not sure

I wonder if they have become a product of there own success eg They have had so many great results in the past that If your a patient that has shelled out top $$ and dont get a "wow" result then your not going to happy and will most likely kick up a fuss.

When i used to come on this forum this clinic had zero negative posts

How things have changed

I really wanted to go there now im not sure

I wonder if they have become a product of there own success eg They have had so many great results in the past that If your a patient that has shelled out top $$ and dont get a "wow" result then your not going to happy and will most likely kick up a fuss.

I don't think you need to be worried. The top and bottom of it is that H+W perform a huge number of surgeries and are incredibly popular, and many of those patients now blog about their procedures and post on forums such as these. But that increase in blogging and discussion means you probably hear more of the less good stories as well as more good stories.

It's unfortunately giving people the impression H+W were once infallible and now all of a sudden are 'losing their magic', which is just not true. Nobody on this planet will get it 100% right, but H+W get particularly hurt by even mildly disappointed patients because of the reputation they have. They still perform world class surgery and have some of the highest and most impressive success rates, but the transparency you find on forums such as this means that every broadly 'negative' procedure hits 100x harder than a positive one.

You still won't find better out there, I don't think. There are lots of other fantastic doctors doing comparable work, so of course do your own research and make your own decisions, but I think if H+W don't get you a "wow" result, nobody was ever going to anyway.

There's a huge amount of hts done by hasson and Wong and the couple of bad stories you hear are nothing compared to the patients that are happy and disappear into their new happy lives and never go on a hair forum again.

Edited by bonkerstonker

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

bonker thank you for your opinion.

Lorenzo I like u you're a lot like me and well up for a fight if challenged but I feel imo you are far too narrow minded into your own opinion without looking at the other persons side and view. With regards to hairthere you can not say he wouldn't congratulate dr hasson if amans ht goes well because I know for a fact hairthere would be first to say well done in 12 month and if you stopped and thought from his side you'd realise this too rather than ramming home your own thoughts you'll never advance your self in life mentally by thinking your always right no matter what.

I am a little confused. Where did I say hairthere would congratulate armen? I think hairthere has been honest and great in all discussions that I have read. I agree hairthere would be the first to congradualte all patients.

The only point that I am passionate about is that I feel 6 month is too early to assess a hair transplant or call it a failure. There are situations whenever there is a hint of anything that may be wrong some people will post right away. Once that patients conerns are addressed or thinks turn out well you dont usually hear the same posters say great result. Nothing negative from me was ever directed at hairthere as I stated I find him a great example of a thoughful and knowledgable poster.

Thanks again for your opinion too bad you never met me in person not only I dont think I am always right but in the majority of situation I probaly wrong in life.

Right everyone forget about what surgeon or clinic your fond of or any previous history and think about this 1 case in a mutual point of view.

Now the majority of us have a code of not moaning till 12 month because we know we could do our surgeons harm for no reason a bit like aman has now done. Aman is a compulsive panicer I mean the guy even panicked him self unconscious during surgery and has been moaning about growth from virtually day 2. If aman had been like most other people on here this would never have been a mark against dr hasson and we'd of just seen a nice result in 9 month or so.

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Right everyone forget about what surgeon or clinic your fond of or any previous history and think about this 1 case in a mutual point of view.

Now the majority of us have a code of not moaning till 12 month because we know we could do our surgeons harm for no reason a bit like aman has now done. Aman is a compulsive panicer I mean the guy even panicked him self unconscious during surgery and has been moaning about growth from virtually day 2. If aman had been like most other people on here this would never have been a mark against dr hasson and we'd of just seen a nice result in 9 month or so.

Now we're blaming the patient? Aman has a right to say whatever he wants, provided it's not defamatory. Second, it's not a mark against Hasson even if the transplant proves to be a bust. A reputation duly earned over years should not be lost on account of one negative result or even a few.

Edited by Shadow of the EMpire State

Aman, is going through something every HT patient feels at some point in the process: doubt. Could his HT be a failure? Yes, that's reality. It could also be a great success in some people's eyes, yet not meet his expectations. HTs are a subjective beast, as evidenced by this very thread. The bottom line is that every single HT clinic will assure you of one fact: YOU MUST WAIT AT LEAST 12 MONTHS TO SEE THE FINAL RESULTS.

So Aman, good luck buddy; try not to freak out anymore (six months can go very slowly when you keep checking your scalp for growth). From my point of view your growth looks to be on track--I believe you will have a nice result. And rest assured you went to a great clinic that I'm sure will stand by you no matter how you feel about the results; just keep the lines of communication open with them. That's all you can do.

Edited by hairthere

Lorenzo I miss read this instance as I was just reading on my iPhone briefly and thought the quote you wrote was taken from hairthere but it must of been shadow on a previous page. I thought that made no sense because hairthere imo is a very neutral fair person on these sites that's why I deleted it ha ha. But have noticed a lot you ram your point home a lot and it appears to me that you don't look at both sides of things.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1