Dr Devroye - my experience...

Just thought that I would share my experience with FUE at Dr Devroye’s surgery in Brussels.

I am from the north of the UK and I had been looking at a few places in the UK with the London based Harley Street Hair Clinic looking the most promising.

Further research suggested that some of the best surgeons in Europe could be found in Brussels which is how I came across Dr Devroye.

Included in the price is 2 nights stay in a local hotel (actually much nicer than I was expecting).

The evening before surgery I had my consultation with Dr Devroye. He was very open with setting expectations and easily answered my long list of questions. Previous consultations in the UK had suggested that I needed 800 FUE grafts but he suggested 1500 which I chose to go for. He and his team are very efficient/fast so I think that they are able to do more grafts in a single day than some surgeons.

The team were very good, kind and considerate really putting me at my ease. I spent about 11 hours there in total and then followed their instructions to the letter regarding post op. care.

The photos attached show how clean and neat his work is and I have had no problems at all since the operation. Nobody noticed that I had had anything done having spent a week in doors. It was handy that I keep my hair short anyway but most of the scars (donor area) and redness (recipient area) were undetectable after 2 weeks.

I am now 5 weeks post op and waiting for the new growth to start. It is a painful time in that you really have to be patient. I plan on giving an update after 5 months as there should be some positive results by then.

5b32cda73682f_photo2.jpg.4379c24b01d48093e7b5d3fc7270713e.jpg

5b32cda746d8f_photo3.jpg.db3d304f65b9ec3b9f656755b65953bd.jpg

5b32cda75771f_photo4.jpg.61e668cc0309c83a750a45184888f033.jpg

Dr. Devroye, in my opinion, is one of the most advanced up to date doctors on earth. He always looks out for the patient and does the best he can. He is one the best in Europe when it comes to FUE.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

NorthernSoul,

Congratulations! Dr. Devroye regularly produces very impressive results. I'm happy to hear that you had a great experience and hope that you will continue to post photos of your progress.

Happy growing!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thanks all,

To the earlier post regarding hair regrowth. I now have just over 1cm of regrowth. The photos above were the day after the surgery just to show how clean Devroye's work is. I will get a more recent picture and upload it later. Sorry for the confusion.

OK, just to clear up any confusion from my earlier post. This is the picture 5 weeks after the surgery. The donor area is completely undetectable and so I am just showing the recipient area.

The hair that you see is, I think, a regrowth of the original hair and I have yet to see the benefits of the transplanted hair.

I will post a final picture in 4 more months so you can see the final result...

photo.jpg.b147201ebe1868b55818fdbe31922a88.jpg