Discussion about "TheEmperor's" Hair Transplant Results

Joe,

The photos were available in my blog for the better part of the past two years and can be seen from the link below. Many forum members have commented publicly and offline that my results were subpar based upon the very detailed photos I posted, including the ones from your office. Read the comments in my blog.

You did offer a highly discounted second procedure, and you probably feel that lets you off the hook, but that does not avoid the fact that there are problems with the outcome.

I am offering my support to NotHappy because I understand how difficult it can be to get your message across on the forums. You guys make mistakes just like other clinics and are not beyond reproach.

Edited by TheEmperor

TheEmperor and Joe,

I don't want to use another topic to discuss TheEmperor's experience and results. Thus, if you want to have an open, fair and balanced discussion about these results, post it on this topic.

Note that I have moved the recent posts about the Emperor's results to this topic.

Bill

Note: For some reason, I can't get my post on top of this one, probably because TheEmperor's comments were posted before mine.

TheEmperor,

Sorry to hear that you’re disappointed with your HT. I completely understand and respect the fact that you want your voice to be heard and why you feel a special duty to NotHappy and the community as a whole.

Your blog is very comprehensive; however, I can’t find any recent photos. I could be mistaken, but if I read everything correctly, the most recent photos are from over 6 months ago. In my opinion, of all your photos, the ones from 6 months ago are of the poorest quality in regard to displaying your final result.

Do you have any recent quality photos that you could post for us? It’d be greatly appreciated.

Hopefully, you can work with H&W to come to an “amicable resolution” as they say. Nobody wants you to suffer or to be stuck with a bad result. From what I’ve seen on the forums, H&W are among the best in regard to quality results and customer care. They always stand behind their work and make the extra effort to make things right. I really believe you have a good chance of getting this resolved and finally achieving a sense of closure and happiness.

By the way, thanks for keeping such a detailed and exhaustive blog. It’s a very important contribution to the community. I’m very interested in your case as this is the first time I have heard of it. I'll be following the outcome closely, as I'm sure many others will too. I hope it works out well for you. Good luck, bro.

All the best,

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

Did you ask for that jagged hairline i've not seen one quite like that before unless someone has asked for it? I've been thinking a lot about that stick and place, i think it's a bit daft because your follicles would be out of the scalp too long waiting to be fit and also i can't find anyone who does it so it must not be a effective way to transplant.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

• 5 weeks later...

Dr Wong told me that my transplant hair would thin out in the future and that he had a patient who had to return every 3 years to stay ahead of the loss. He didnt say that I would have to return every 3 years, but I don't know why else he mentioned it.

Wish this was discussed before the procedure so I could run like hell.

My grafts from the second procedure (the ones that grew in) are significantly finer than the hairs from #1 or the donor hairs. From what I have read, they must have been damaged upon being implanted.

OP, sorry to hear of your situation, but you have discovered one of the dirty little secrets of the industry. Press for a full refund if possible.

Dr Wong told me that my transplant hair would thin out in the future and that he had a patient who had to return every 3 years to stay ahead of the loss. He didnt say that I would have to return every 3 years, but I don't know why else he mentioned it.

That is bizzare and interesting. Is that true? Did he say it during or after the operation?

Edited by bonkerstonker

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

When he told me that the hair on top would thin out further, it was the day after HT#1.

The story about the patient whose transplanted hair was dying was during HT#2.

I have no reason to doubt the truth of this as I have watched the forums long enough to see this referenced a couple of times. I don't think its common though. It may be that fine or damaged follicles may grow initially but give up the ghost a few years later. Or perhaps the majority of the donr hair was miniturized?

Also, we occasionally see consultants post their "7 years and all the hair is still growing" posts, which seems to suggest there is a question about the permanence.

Emperor did dr wong say how he knew it would happen to you?

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Bonkerstonker,

No, Dr. Wong did not say how he knew it would happen for TE because he never said it would happen to TE in the first place. To say otherwise would be to imply that Dr. Wong has the ability to see the future (more than other docs do:))

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I found that pretty hard to believe that dr wong would say that that's why I asked emperor again to make sure it wasn't a typo. Cheers Joe.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

After the first transplant he did say that the top hair would thin out. It wasnt clear if he anticipated the donor hair to miniturize or if he meant surrounding native hair would go away.

He did tell me a story about a patient who returned every 3 years, whose transplant hair was not permanent. He did not say this would happen to me, although it left me wondering why it did not come up in any of the consultations.

My point is that the permanence of transplant hair is not a given. The other poster was experiencing something close to what Dr Wong described, so I related my experience. I thought it was relevant to his case, but it ended up in this thread.

I will update my blog with new pictures in the near future.

Hey Emperor, Firstly, sorry to hear that you are two surgeries in and unhappy with the results. No matter what the cause, it's unfortunate. It is tough to tell from your picture documentation what happened exactly as your B&A shots are a bit all over the place. The best way to document a HT's progression is to take pictures in the same spot, with the same angles, lighting etc. I don't see that in your blog and therefore can't really offer a fair opinion. If you could possible put something together that shows side-by-side comparisons with at least similar angles, perhaps we can help you get a grasp on the situation.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

It makes me laugh that your posts keep getting sent here to your own little section ha ha no offence pal. It's gets me really interested in your experience but for some reason you don't use this thread to document what's going on with you. Have you spoken about things before and I've missed it or something? All I know is you're not happy and you thought your slits were open too long do you blame your unhappiness on that alone?

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1