Dr.Farjo.

Guest donald

Guest donald

I have just had a hair transplant two weeks ago performed by Dr Bessam Farjo of the Farjo medical centre in Manchester.

I have been suffering hair loss for quite some years now but by stabilising it with meds over the lat few years i thought it was finely time to go for a ht as iam in my forties and been unhappy with my hair for quite some time.

I did over a year of research contemplating clinics in the USA and Turkey but decided to stay here in he UK and came to the conclusion that Dr farjo was the man for me.

After meeting the liaison manager mick and Dr Farjo at the consulttion i knew i had made the right decision to gt it done here in the UK.They were very informative proffessional and not salesman like at all which i liked.

So ht day 6 April there i was at the Farjo clinic after having a nice relaxing night in a hotel close to the clinic (which they arranged for me).I met Dr Farjo and was told what would happen tat day,he checked by BP and then gave me a mild sedative to relax me.I was then ushered to the surgery room which as immaculately clean and state of the art.Dr Farjo drew my hairline and showed me where he was putting the grafts crown,vertex, temples.the it was time to move the donor strip,he injected the donor area with the anaeshetic a few

needle pricks but relativel painless,then began to remove the strip which i never felt a thing and stapled me up.It was time to make the incisions for the grafts to be planted (again no pain felt during this).

Then came the planting of the grafts which was done by Nilofer Farjo and there team (so basically your getting two transplant surgeons for the price of one).

2087 grafts were placed which was more than the 1700 i paid for.

301 1 hair

1497 2 hair

286 3-4 hair.

All the medical staff were attentive all the way through the procedure offering me drinks snacks a nice lunch and a choice of dvds to watch.Overall the procedure was comfortable painless and quite relaxing.

After the procedue i was issued with a aftercare pack containing post-op aftercare instructions medication and shampoo.

The whole day i felt cared for and in positive hands of people who no what they are doing and putting there patients first.I would recommend anybody looking into getting a ht to highly consider Dr Farjo and his team.

I would like to say a special thankyou to Dr Farjo,Mick and the whole team for looking after me.

Now its just the waiting game:(

Donald,

Thank you for sharing your experience and congratulations on the procedure. Dr. Farjo is an excellent hair restoration surgeon, and I'm glad to hear everything went well. Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Donald,

Thank you for sharing the details of your recent experience at the Farjo Clinic. I'm happy to hear it went well and I look forward to viewing your pics. I hope you will continue to update us on your progress. This is only the beginning of your hair restoration journey.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 1 month later...
Guest donald

Up- date 2 months now.

Every thing has healed now and all the grafts have shead,my hair is looking thinner than it has ever looked, maybe a bit of shockloss or seasonal shed its hard to tell. what i can tell you that i had my hair cut short on the back and sides and you can not see the scar at all its healing very nicely.I know the 2 month mark is hard as your hair looks worse than before but roll on the next few months,never thought i would look forward to the winter months coming as much.

Hi Donald, thanks for keeping us posted.You could see some new hair in a month if your lucky,just be patient and try not to stare at every mirror you come across(thats rich coming from me:D)

Glad to hear your scars good,but then i didnt have any doubts.

Keep us informed.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

• 2 months later...
Guest donald

Ok 4.5 months now. Think all the shockloss has grown back and have noticed some growth around the temple area one side growing more than the other,the top of my hair seems to be a little thicker as well.The dissapointment is the crown which is showing no growth at all,i can feel some stuble in that area but can not see anything.Do crowns grow slower? i know that it is still early days.

Donald,

You have hit that wall known as the the waiting game.it can be so frustrating, i know because i hear it often.

Patience is a virtue and i know it is hard as i am probably the most impatient person on the planet.Crowns just seem to take longer but you are at the very early stages of the game, just after the kick off really.I will put your pics on before the end of the week but remember it will be 12 months before you see anything really worthwhile and it develops further as the preceding months idle by.

Spex wrote a good topic on this and i thiink it is worth reading.

Mick

Patient coordinator for Dr. Bessam Farjo who is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I think Donald had a surprise when he realised how far he had come in such a short space of time.In relation to his pictures which have been added.

Mick,

I don`t believe that is me, must be someone elses head in those photos.

I didn`t realize i was that bald!

When i look at those phots iam definitely progressing in the right direction at this early stage, roll on the months to come.

Thanks again Mick.

Mick

Patient coordinator for Dr. Bessam Farjo who is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

I will be nearing the 8 month mark soon from my ht, iam quite pleased with the results so far a big improvement on where i started from.I understand that i will achieve full maturation and thickness/density up to 18 months.How much more growth, thickness can i expect in the next coming months.

Thanks in advance for any input and comments.

• 1 month later...

Hi Donald,

Good to hear that your pleased with your results to date, im thinking of having a transplant with Dr Farjo for about 2000 grafts, can you please advise how much this cost?

Although ive heard many good things about farjo hair whic i have no reason to doubt, i find it surprising they are the only clinic that does not have a rate card on their website

Appreciate your help

• 4 years later...
I had a surgery with Dr Farjo, it has been 3 years now I didn't get any result... keep away from him he is an absolute cheat.. grab money and don't do anything ..BIGGEST CHEAT..if you are looking for hair transplant go with dr Madhu Hyderabad India.. you can get all done one third of the money you spend in U.K. Also including your all the expenses (flight 4 star hotel)

KEEP AWAY FROM DR FARJO

That's quite some accusations you're making Rasheed. Dr. Farjo is a very well respected surgeon who in the time I've known him (eighteen years) has only ever been entirely competent and honest. Please tell me (by private message if you prefer) your name and the date of your procedure with us so I can look into this.

Pete

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Rasheed,

I will respond further to your comments in due course. As I say though, in order to look into your claims I need to know the date of your surgery with us. You say it was three years ago yet on your profile you say you had a procedure in 2009 so I would appreciate it if you could clarify this.

As far as the quality of Dr. Farjo's work, have you seen his latest result that I posted recently?:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184797-dr-b-farjo-2000-fut.html

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Rasheed,

While you are welcome to share your concerns and your legitimate experience, name calling and unfairly maligning an outstanding surgeon is prohibited on this forum. I also don't understand why you would just be coming forward after 3 years of no result. Why didn't you come forward after a year when the results would have grown in? Do you have any photos showing your hair the day before surgery and 1 year after?

Also, I agree with Pete, there is a discrepancy between your profile where you say you had surgery in 2009 and here where you said it was 3 years ago. 2009 is 7 years (almost 8 years) ago.

I ask that you clarify this and then privately identify yourself to me so Dr. Farjo can know who you are and adequately respond to your concerns.

I will tell you this though....while even the best surgeons have cases of less than optimal growth, Dr. Farjo is far from a "cheat".

Please send me a private message or an email at help@hairtransplantnetwork.com to identify yourself so that we can tell Dr. Farjo who you are. We can then look into this situation to see what's going on. Dr. Farjo has a history of standing behind his patients so I trust that if you reached out to him a year after surgery and you had poor results that he would have done something for you. I find it hard to believe that a legitimate patient would reach out 3 (or 7) years later making generalized statements without identifying themselves.

Best wishes,

Bill