Hair Loss Shampoo

Guest Ian512017155

Guest Ian512017155

What is the best proven shampoo that can help hair loss either slow down the process of give an appearance of thicker hair? I am 28 year old male and starting to get a receding hairline over that last three years. I am on rogaine foam and propecia. I have heard of shampoos like: Nizoral, Nioxin, Revivogen and Tricomin for example. However, any suggestions or experiences is welcome, Thanks

i use revita shampoo which you can buy right here on htn.ive been usin about a year and to me it seems to give me a nice thick feeeling to my hair as far as growing new hair idont know havent noticed .but it has all the right ingredients so i will continue to use .hope that helps

• 6 months later...
I'm so confused about all the different recommendations for hair loss shampoos too.

So far i can see only one recommendation so you have nothing to be confuse about.

I tell you what i do, you can try it and see if it works for you 2.

I use Nizoral once or twice a week, And 3 times a week i use Revivogen shampoo. Nizoral is the only shampo that has proves for its anti dht effect.

And for the Revivogen, my hair looked thicker right after the first time i used it.

I also use the serum but my hair looks thicker even in the places i don't use the serum.

By the way, since i use revivogen i notice more gray hair, but i dont know if there is any connection.

So far i can see only one recommendation so you have nothing to be confuse about.

No, I meant the 85 pages that come up when you type "Shampoo" into the search bar!

Thanks for your suggestions. I'm reading that Nizoral should not be used more than 2 a week, which I've heard is about what you should wash your hair anyway (an experienced hair-dresser told me this). I'm looking into the Revivogen too.

Any other suggestions from folks here? The more info the better.

You need to keep your scalp clean daily. Shampoo every day. It is not good to only wash your hair 2x's per week if your goal is to prevent hair loss.

I have been using the organic shampoo from Hair Cycle.com which is recommended for people after HT. It has DHT blockers- seems good, but you wont re-grow hair from using this shampoo or any other shampoo.

No, I meant the 85 pages that come up when you type "Shampoo" into the search bar!

Thanks for your suggestions. I'm reading that Nizoral should not be used more than 2 a week, which I've heard is about what you should wash your hair anyway (an experienced hair-dresser told me this). I'm looking into the Revivogen too.

Any other suggestions from folks here? The more info the better.

I used nizoral twice a week in the first month but now i use it once a week. In the rest of the week i use revivogen. So i wash my hair something like 5 times a week.

What my friend the hair-dresser informed me was that the natural oils are actually good for the hair and if you shampoo too frequently, it begins to dry them out...something like that, it was a few years ago. What stood out was that she said in many countries, primarily indigenous cultures, they never wash their hair and let the natural oils do their work.

Anyway, I'm going to look into that organic shampoo from haircycle -- thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Is nizoral back in stock yet. I still see these huge prices on amazon. $17 for 4 oz? That's well over double.

Also, what's a good non-nizoral shampoo for the other days? I've been using the aveda men's pure-formance shampoo/conditioner on non-nizoral days and really like. But each of those are $16/bottle which is a little steep if you ask me.

Alvarez13,

There is none in my neighborhood. I just paid a ransom for some on ebay but it lasts forever so I didn't really mind too much. Hope it's back the by the time this one runs out.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Alvarez13,

There is none in my neighborhood. I just paid a ransom for some on ebay but it lasts forever so I didn't really mind too much. Hope it's back the by the time this one runs out.

Yah. I found 7 oz for $30 which isn't horrible. I guess I'll bow to the laws of supply and demand this one time.

• 1 month later...

Yes, that is the 1% version of Nizoral. The website says it's in stock now. The 1% version is good to start with (and stay with if you want). The 2% version is too strong for some people (including myself).

• 2 weeks later...

Shampoos will make a cosmetic improvement. As far as regrowth, there is little evidence indicating otherwise (maybe marginal in the best case).

I do like Revita as it leaves my hair feeling thick and no dried out ( See Nizoral).

A good conditioner makes a big difference as well, try Fructis olive, avocado and shea minute.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!