Post-Op Exercise

Gossamer

Better safe than sorry! Cardio is better than nothing at all I guess, it could be worse. I'll just continue with my cardio routine for a few more weeks, if I picked up a weight now I would just be paranoid the entire time anyways!

I appreciate the advice and I'll use it! Thanks!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that is a great idea, and good point.

Good-luck man and best wishes.

My Hair Loss Web Site

FUT - 8/12/11 - Dr. Keller - Chicago - 3140 grafts

365 singles, 375 doubles, & 2400 multiple hair grafts

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or a professional within the hair transplant field, but I am one hell of a researcher and have been dubbed "master googler" by people that know me. So, anything I say is solely my best opinion or answer based on everything I have read and/or experienced. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys...I realize this thread is probably six feet under by now, but I just wanted to share the opinion of another highly-regarded clinic (not of my own). I spoke with one of the receptionists from Hasson and Wong, and apparently the two physicians agree that one can resume mild-intensity exercise after 2 weeks (when the staples are removed), and this includes weight lifting with very light weights, so as not to strain the scar that is still in the process of healing. As for real heavy lifting which I specifically asked about, the receptionist informed me that it is best to wait at least 2 months post-op before resuming, apparently they've seen better healing results with patients who did so before going back to an intense routine. Don't take my word for it...give them a call and ask them yourself :)

• 1 year later...

hi guys, i posted this in another thread but i think its might be a better place for it.

i am six weeks out and am wondering if it's ok for me to start playing basketball and do some road biking. i understand try not to look down too much when doing either but i feel like basketball can be pretty intense with the running and jumping.

reading this thread has really made me more comfortable about resuming activities but im super paranoid about putting unnecessary strain on the scar.

I would limit the biking and basketball for a few more weeks. In biking when you are slouched position you are taking up all the slack of the posterior tissues and fascia aka the thoracolumbar fascia that connects up to the cervical spine, then your skull. Staying in the slouched position could easily create a slow prolonged stretch which could cause lengthening of the tissues. Basketball would likely be fine, as your head is up and you're not straining the tissues much. In this case I would use the feeling of a pull or sharp pain as a reminder of when you're doing too much. Easing into basketball and starting casually would likely be fine. Thats my 2 cents.

really oh man.

honestly im really regretting my procedure right now.

i really didn't think that there would be this much downtime.

i wish i could have went fue but with the amount of loss i have that wasn't really

an option for me.

really oh man.

honestly im really regretting my procedure right now.

i really didn't think that there would be this much downtime.

i wish i could have went fue but with the amount of loss i have that wasn't really

an option for me.

I understand, the wait to resume normal workout has always been the worst part for me. My mental health is closely linked to my physical fitness level, but I would gladly sit on my ass for three months if it would put more hair on my head. Whatever gains you may lose from being idle will be made up in a few months and you will have gained much more hair on your head, so you will ultimately be in a better place. Just be patient and ride this out, it is all for the greater good.