Hair Restoration in Texas

Hey All,

I'm new to the forum but not new to hair loss :(. I'm your typical male pattern baldness crown/vortex area. So far my search for a clinic has brought me to see Dr.Limmer in San Antonio this past weekend.

I'm wondering where all the other highly respected doctors are in my area. Does anyone know of any other clinics in the Houston or surrounding area?

Thanks

Dr. Limmer and Dr. Arocho in Houston are two good ones. Dr. Limmer seems to be a bit more conservative but both will give you results that grow well!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

HairMe2011,

Dr. Alfonso Barrera is located in Houston. Dr. Limmer, Dr. Arocha and Dr. Barrera are the only physicians in Texas that we recommend.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thanks fro the feedback guys. I called both additional doctors you guys suggested today.

While both alot closer to me, one (Dr. Barrera) was more than 3 times the cost of Dr. Limmer. I think I'll stick with Dr. Limmer for the price, I've always heard great things about him.

I wouldn't dare thing of going with a no name :)

• 2 weeks later...

I had my Ht with Dr. Limmer sr. about 12 years ago. He Averages between a 1000 to 1500 grafts per day and The Son is still doing about the same. If you need more than this, do let location deter you. 9 months ago I had my Ht with Dr. Rahal. In terms of pain management, total grafts obtained, staff size and efficiency, Dr. Rahal is way superior. Not all docs recommended are on equal footing as far as I'm concerned. My experience with the two different docs proves that.

I had 4000 graphs done my Dr. Arocha last week and I am very pleased with the results of the actual surgery. Obviously I have no idea on the results from the HT but as far as the procedure went, they were all very professional, made me feel right at home, and I enjoyed the whole day. I was there from 7am till about 6pm but we didn't start on the donor site till about 830AM because we were waiting on the medicine to kick in and Dr. Arocha also provided a very good lunch for my family and I about half way through, so that was a nice hour break.

I am very exciting about seeing my results over the next year or so but I have no doubt they will be amazing. I had no pain during the entire surgery and the healing process is going very well so far. I will keep everyone updated my status though.