Dr. Arocha - 2930 FUT, Artistic hairline 1yr results

45+ year old man status post 3 FUT procedures, came to see us with complaints about his persistent thin hairline. He desired to enhance his hairline and wanted to increase the density to eliminate the thin look. Employing our artistic hair restoration surgery technique requires careful transplanting in between the existing follicular units. The result is a natural, undetectable hairline that is no longer thin.

Artistic_2_1_Done.jpg.0fb2d186ccd967eb3601838a5befcbca.jpg

Artistic_2_2_Done.jpg.b4064fb7b72cc818274e2f4fab4d1d60.jpg

Artistic_2_3_close_up_Done.jpg.a81d6ae95555121e7e87d009ed5b0796.jpg

Artistic_2_4_close_up_Done.jpg.2c731ef0f27cb2661011e97abdbf7e81.jpg

Artistic_2_5_Done.jpg.4c481f99c8cc4306b97da972acf74e0b.jpg

Artistic_2_6_Done.jpg.55ce6e6bf7902e4fe9395704597a55a6.jpg

Artistic_2_7_Done.jpg.601a7b1930265badaa38dacbc06e01bc.jpg

Artistic_2_8_Done.jpg.91b31d40bd3c03929e125a38d28a10c6.jpg

Artistic_2_9_Done.jpg.0cc5b4b3557405d502a1ba65bc9de9d7.jpg

Artistic_2_10_a_Done.jpg.7db16b2265c6588fc0ca692df882c6f6.jpg

Artistic_2_10_close_up_Done.jpg.438b198c9565ab836d60382185c7c416.jpg

Artistic_2_11_Done.jpg.2965f68df555b45e88ca35cc39ca7f00.jpg

Artistic_2_12_a_Done.jpg.4a15c1b4d6519bc719ec1a1cb8363a30.jpg

Artistic_2_13_Done.jpg.26b7d17ee482e1c0af78527761f9fa3e.jpg

Artistic_2_14_Done.jpg.36755c596d13b2db79e29fcde0ff88b0.jpg

Artistic_2_15_Done.jpg.d697399f325bfaadf76e70fb45b27770.jpg

Employed by Dr. Bernard Arocha.

Dr. Arocha is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

His name must be Harry, because that is one beautiful thick head of hair!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

do you have any photos of prior to the transplant?

Ummm, I'm looking at the photos and he looks like he has a very nice hairline to begin with. Maybe I'm missing something, but where were 2930 grafts transplanted? Is that the total number after 3 transplants, or on the last one for the hairline or what? Did Dr. Arocha do all 3 or did he do jsut the last one?

Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealth you represents determinism; the way you play it is free will.

Jawaharal Nehru

Hi Mercury - when the patient came to Dr. Arocha, he had already had three procedures done, which attempted to restore his hairline. The patient was not happy with the results and came to us. Dr. Arocha performed his first (patient's 4th) procedure using his artistic technique to produce the desired thick, natural looking hairline for the patient. The patient is now ecstactic about his new results.

It may be hard to see, but the before pictures are the ones with black marker drawn on the forehead of the patient. But just in case, if you hover your mouse over the pictures, the file name of the picture should appear. Below are the file names of the 'before' pictures:

Artistic_2_1_Done.jpg

Artistic_2_4_close_up_Done.jpg

Artistic_2_5_Done.jpg

Artistic_2_7_Done.jpg

Artistic_2_9_Done.jpg (taken right after procedure)

Artistic_2_11_Done.jpg (taken right after procedure)

Hope this helps!

-Richard

Edited by Richard11

Dr. Arocha is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Richard11,

Wow! I don't know how I missed commenting on this case but it is definitely one of the densest hairlines we seen.

Beautiful work by Dr. Arocha!

Edited by TakingThePlunge

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 1 month later...

Mercury,

This patient was not bald, but certainly diffusely thin in the hairline and frontal third area. The slides that show how thin best are number 5,7, and 9. He is ecstatic about his thick and amazing looking hair. I am jealous! LOL.

• 4 months later...

2930 grafts so imagine all the ht that have less grafts but used to cover a way bigger region...that hairline needed 2930 grafts to look natural and this guy was not bald,prety much tells you that you will get a very un natural result that wont give you great density if you do a ht of 3000 grafts for exemple to cover bald spot.

I have never seen a guy with so much hair opting for a HT. I really dont think that he needed it.

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

1 mg 5 % Minoxidil once a day.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Head and Shoulders every day.

Nizoral 2 % one time a week.

Emu oil.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/cardel25/blog/403/

Montreal and cardel25, the patient received 2930 grafts into the frontal third area. Remember that the threshold for detection of thinning is 50 percent of hair loss. So this patient after three transplants at another office still was diffusely thin in the frontal area. He wanted to achieve dense and glamorous-looking hair since he works in the industry. Hope this helps you.

Employed by Dr. Bernard Arocha. Dr. Arocha is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Always remember, a truthful HT doctor will tell you he is reproducing the ILLUSION of a full head of hair. I think all too many patients miss this important point, or do not really understand what it means. There are some exceptions however, when a patient has minimal loss and maximum number of grafts that can be placed.

• 4 years later...

I wanted to revisit this result to reiterate the point about density. This patient had a good head of hair when he came to us but his front zone could be described as a diffused NW3A in that the front few centimeters of his hairline lacked density. Dr. Arocha used this session to fill the gaps and refine the very front of the hairline. Sometimes, big numbers in small areas are not so easily seen as justified until you know more of the details were and what the motivation was by the patient. Dr. Arocha identified and agreed with the patient's motivations which is why he performed the surgery. Obviously, it worked out.

Online representative for Dr. Bernard Arocha

Learn more about Hair Transplants in Texas!