Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich from thailand.

akuma

Hey guys. I've read alot of posts on this website. And from alot of research come to learn that Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich is a good choice for hair transplant.

I am 25 years old and I am going to go to thailand for holiday and though why not get a hair transplant as well. I will be getting very minor surgery. maybe around 1000 grafts just on the frontal region and maybe on the temples.

I have emailed Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich but haven't got a reply yet. I live in Australia. Is it possible to book him from here?

Whats the closest hotel to that clinic? It would make the whole process easier.

And does anyone know how much it roughly cost per graft?

Thanks guys

Edited by akuma

Dr Path is a very good choice for whom lives in the far east, He is only coalition far eastern Doctor, he uses lateral slits technique adapted from Dr. Wong from H&W and very good donor closure...

The best hotel i would say, is a new one with reasonable price, TRUE SIAM HOTEL. You can book with him by calling his clinic Tel +662-6190351 , check his website, www.dhtclinic.com, His prices are amazing..

The regular cost is 85 Baht/graft at minimum 1,500+ grafts (Exchange rate is 1 USD = 29 Baht) But bear in mind that the exchange rate fluctuates daily.

For 500 - 1,000 grafts cost is 100 Baht per graft = 50,000 – 100,000 Baht

1,100 – 1,500 grafts cost is 90 Baht per graft = 99,000 – 135,000 Baht

Above 1,600 grafts cost is 85 Baht per graft = …………………..Baht

The above cost include:-

- Doctor fee;

- All medication;

- All follow up in the immediate postoperative period including hair wash, wound care, change of dressing or removal of stitches if needed.

The followings are not included:

- Preoperative consultation (500 -1,000 Baht) as it may take up to one hour;

- Finger-prick HIV test on the day of surgery (500 Baht)

There is no other hidden cost.

Good luck, you have chosen a golden follicle award winner. Hope this helped enough.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

The best hotel i would say, is a new one with reasonable price, TRUE SIAM HOTEL. You can book with him by calling his clinic Tel +662-6190351 , check his website, www.dhtclinic.com, His prices are amazing..

thank you for the quick reply. Those prices are definitely cheap. I got a quote from Australia costing $10 000 for 1200 grafts. thats like $8.3 AU per graft. VERY expensive.

If i do it in thailand, it will cost me $2.9 per graft. That is very good price. I save more than half plus i get a holiday in thailand.

His page...

Damkerng Pathomvanich, MD Hair Transplant Surgeon in Bangkok , Thailand

...says he does eye brow and eyelash transplantation as well. Is this outdated info or does he do it?

Any reason why u use akuma? There is a character with the name of Akuma in the street fighter series lol :)

Anyway yes, like Hariri said, u will not go wrong with this doc. I cannot say enough of his work and his team.

However, having said that, at 8mths, i am sporting quite bad density but i am awaiting for a full year to lapse before i make some final comments :)

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Hey guys,

I personally think you may want to re-strategize yourself, only 1000 grafts you seem to believe? Has this been quoted by a physician, or just a guesstimate? Opting for strip is potentially not worth the scar IMHO with this amount of work, at 25 also are you currently on medication may I ask?

I am not trying to talk you out of HT surgery or sound like the pessimist I am just concerned that these areas may have not been covered prior to booking any future procedures.

Cheers,

Edited by MusoInOz

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

Hey guys,

I personally think you may want to re-strategize yourself, only 1000 grafts you seem to believe? Has this been quoted by a physician, or just a guesstimate? Opting for strip is potentially not worth the scar IMHO with this amount of work, at 25 also are you currently on medication may I ask?

I am not trying to talk you out of HT surgery or sound like the pessimist I am just concerned that these areas may have not been covered prior to booking any future procedures.

Cheers,

covered prior to booking any future surgery.

I got a estimate quote of around 1100 grafts.

I am not on any medication. Been using laser comb for years. Dont know how much that may have helped though.

Does Dr Pat do FUE? his profile says he does.

Damkerng Pathomvanich, MD Hair Transplant Surgeon in Bangkok , Thailand

Hey mate,

As you may be aware there is a long standing debate regarding the effects of low level laser therapy and hair loss, did you follow the progress by taking photographs during the intial stages of usage? This would be a great indicator to truly see if the laser had assisted you with your hair loss situation. I believe laser therapy has it's place however I still remain highly skeptical at the same time.

I would honestly try getting on medication mate, it would be the ideal thing to do prior to a HT anyway this will hopefully prevent further loss. Depending on your current state you may be a candidate for FUE, just be aware FUE is not for everybody, if there is potential for future loss it may not be viable option for you.

May I ask was your estimate quoted by Dr Path? To my knowledge he does not perform FUE? If he does indeed I am yet to see any work of his with this procedure, as I do not follow Dr Paths work closely, I could be mistaken.

At the end of the day the smartest thing to do would be to get on meds, if you need any assistance on how to go about this with the Aussie health care system, you can claim finasteride on private health which is great.

Have you posted any recent photographs on the forum?

Would be good to show other members and collate different opinions.

Let me know if I can help :-)

Cheers,

Edited by MusoInOz

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

As others have stated above, Dr Path and his team are highly recommended. There is a 3 month wait on bookings take or give so take that into consideration aswell. I just had my HT done and am at the airport waiting to go home as we speak..

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/159567-3876-grafts-dr-damkerng-pathomvanich.html

Yes Vincent, i was telling our friend here there will be a 3month waiting list. looks like it still is! Akuma, its imperative that u immediately give them a call tomoro. You nvr know if someone has cancelled his date and u might get lucky :)

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730