Advise regarding HT in California, and some HT questions

I have few questions that Im jus going to throw them out, would really appreciate it if I would get some response....

1)Through life I've learned if something is expensive, it doesnt neccesarily mean its good, but if something is cheaper than usuall then there most be definitly something wrong.... So my first question on Average what is reasonable to pay per graft? I heard around 4-6 dollars, now Ive heard that there is this Dr that charges 2.50-3 dollars, does that sound reasonable or to good to be true???

2)What is pinpoint hair restoration? Is it better worst or the same thing as mini and micro grafting?

Prices in California are typically higher because, well it's California ;). There are a couple of docs recommended on here who are in the $3-4 range, but most start around $4.50=$5.00 each for the first 1000=2000 then drop drastically. If you get 3000-4000 grafts you could very well end up paying $3 and something each. Avoid hair mills at all cost though!!

I believe pinpoint hair restoration is just a fancy name for follicular unit transplantation, the same method all doctors on here use.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Albundy-

1.) This is a very good point. As you alluded to, it is quality not cost that counts. Obviously cost does have a role but the bottom line is results. It’s important to find physicians who you feel perform quality work and deliver top notch results. Then you can compare and contrast among them taking price into consideration.

2.) I had not heard of this term, pinpoint hair restoration, before. I did a search on it and it sounds like another term for follicular unit transplanting. One website says "Pinpoint hair restoration transplants your hair exactly as it grows which is in naturally occurring follicular clusters of 1, 2, 3, and 4 hairs at a time". Perhaps someone else can comment on this.

Aileen

Patient Coordinator for Dr. Steven Gabel

Dr. Steven Gabel is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Albundy, I live in CA and I am also searching for a Doctor. So far it appears to me that the real top notch doctors for HT are outside CA. doctors who regularly post exceelent results and in neighboring states are Dr Alexander and Dr Gabel. Personally I am impressed by Dr Gabel's work. Dr. Carman seems to be a good choice within CA. My opinions are biased on my level of balding and kind of work I am looking for. So you need to do your own reaserch.

Albundy, I live in CA and I am also searching for a Doctor. So far it appears to me that the real top notch doctors for HT are outside CA. doctors who regularly post exceelent results and in neighboring states are Dr Alexander and Dr Gabel. Personally I am impressed by Dr Gabel's work. Dr. Carman seems to be a good choice within CA. My opinions are biased on my level of balding and kind of work I am looking for. So you need to do your own reaserch.

Thank you for your response, Are you thinking about doing FUE or FUT?

Where is Dr Gabel located at?