Potential Coalition Membership for Dr. Melike Kulahci of Istanbul, Turkey

Dear Forum Members,

Dr. Melike Kulahci of Istanbul, Turkey has been recommended on the Hair Transplant Network for several years and has an established reputation for performing quality follicular unit hair transplantation with excellent results. Over the last year, Dr. Kulahci has demonstrated by the results she’s presented online that her work is truly ultra refined. Thus, we’d like your input on considering Dr. Kulahci for potential Coalition membership. Note that only Dr. Kulahci, not the entire clinic of Transmed, is being considered.

Dr. Kulahci and her staff of 14 nurses have the skill and experience to perform ultra refined hair transplant session sizes exceeding 3000 grafts when appropriate for the patient. Using ultra refined techniques, Dr. Kulahci has the ability to densely pack up to 60 FU/cm2. However, Dr. Kulahci feels that such high densities should be reserved for only a select group of patients depending on their current hair loss, hair characteristics and risks of future baldness. Dr. Kulahci also performs the follicular unit extraction (FUE) technique including larger sessions for those who are qualified.

Dr. Kulahci performs hair transplantation exclusively at her hair restoration clinic in Turkey and has performed over 3000 hair transplant procedures since she started out in 1994. Dr. Kulahci has been a member of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS) since 1995 and has actively participated in 12 annual ISHRS meetings. Dr. Kulahci has been on the ISHRS board since 2000 and continues to attend and host live surgery workshops in order to stay on top of the cutting edge of modern hair transplantation.

Given Dr. Kulahci’s long time involvement and track record in providing and presenting ultra refined results on this forum, I believe that she should be considered for the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians. To view our demanding standards for the Coalition, click here.

To learn more about Dr. Kulahci’s experience, technique and philosophy, visit her Hair Transplant Network recommendation profile.

We welcome all input and comments regarding her potential inclusion.

View some of her recent patient photos below:

2608 Grafts with Dr. Kulahci

5128 Grafts with Dr. Kulahci in 2 sessions

4522 Grafts in 2 sessions with Dr. Kulahci

2745 Grafts with Dr. Kulahci

2970 Grafts with Dr. Kulahci

2300 Grafts with Dr. Kulahci

2700 Grafts via FUE with Dr. Kulahci

3209 Grafts in one procedure with Dr. Kulahci

5038 Grafts in two sessions with Dr. Kulahci

4578 Grafts in two procedures with Dr. Kulahci

2619 Grafts via FUT and 2088 Grafts via FUE

Surgical Pictures

Several additional examples of Dr. Kulahci’s ultra refined work can be found in the Results Posted by Leading Hair Transplant Clinics forum.

We look forward to your feedback.

Bill

baldingbro,

I agree that not too many of Dr. Kukahci's albums show pictures of the donor scar. I did receive an email from Melis, who works with Dr. Kulahci and they will be creating an album showcasing some additional scar photos. In the meantime, I encourage you to click here for some pictures of Dr. Kulahci and her staff performing surgery including the sutured donor scar.

Best wishes,

Bill

I'm glad to hear Dr Melike Kulahci is a candidate for Coalition Membership .

She is a well deserved name for this distinguished list by her exceptional skill, quality and technique. Her patients' satisfaction is high with rapid healing in charming clinic Transmed,

In Short, Dr Melike Kulahci has an excellent reputaion and is a real master of state of the art surgery. I 'm sure she will add much more contribution to modern hair transplantation.

Results looks impressive and are in par with some of coalition doctors.

They seem to be doing successful FUE on a regular basis.

One thing I would like to see are photos showing scar.

I can't find information on whether they use needles or custom cut blades.

Dear all,

Please see Dr Melike's mature donor area scars on the forum under the Photos posted by Leading Clinics.

Thank you.

Transmed Team

Marketing Manager for Dr. Kulahci

Dr. Kulahci is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

A bit about my experience with Transmed... I had my HT with Dr Kulahci eight months ago - 2900 grafts via FUT.

I used this website for most of my HT research, which led me to Transmed, and found the clinic extremely professional and the patient experience excellent.

I've documented the HT and the subsequent regrowth on a blog (see link below). I've been a little disappointed. I think the average HT patient sees regrowth more quickly than I have, and I'm not sure the end result will be quite what I hoped for. However, I'll be waiting till 12-18 months before I pass a final verdict.

The scar, incidentally, is virtually indetectable. I have my hair cut with a clipper to grade four, and even at such a short length, the scar is still hidden.

Thanks for all of our members who've provided public and private feedback regarding the potential Coalition membership for Dr. Melike Kulahci. In my opinion, Dr. Kulahci has proven over the last year and a half by her results that she truly does ultra refined work with excellent results.

Given Dr. Kulahci's dedication to her patients and providing only the best results, based on all the positive feedback we received from patients and physicians, I'd like to welcome Dr. Kulahci as the newest member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians. You can view her Coalition profile by clicking here.

Let's congratulate Dr. Kulahci for being approved into this highly esteemed and elite group. I trust we'll continue to see great things from Dr. Kulahci in the months and years to come.

Best wishes,

Bill

Congratulations Dr. Kulachi! I think you'll make a nice edition to the coalition.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Dr. Kulahci,

Congratulations on your well-deserved admission to the ranks of the esteemed Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Congratulations Dr. Kulahci! In my opinion you post some of the best before and afters on the site, well deserving of coalition status.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

I had a 2800 FUT with Dr. Melike last week and have begun a blog on my profile page about my experiences at Transmed. I am pleased with the customer service at this point, but must wait out my year for any results to be apparent. I will keep my blog up and check in from time to time. IstanbulHT.

• 3 months later...

Congratulations Dr Kulahci!!

i had my hair transplant with Dr Kulahci november 2010 and am very pleased so far with results check out my journal mas1,Dr kulahci deserves this recognition for her great work!!

• 3 weeks later...

Bill i'm a new user to this site as you know so don't really understand all the coalition membership stuff other than the commonsense i get from the title but what is the difference between recommended surgeon and coalition member?

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

bonker,

This link explains our selection criteria and the additional requirements for Coalition membership.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website