after scabs fall off do you still see ht slits

I. am going to have a ht with dr vogel in 10 days they say after scabs fall off in about 2 weeks you won't be able to tell I had a ht. I work at a business where I can't wear a hat and interact with alot of people. Is this time frame about right. I know everyone is different but just trying to get an idea, I took a month off from work.

horses12:

For most of our patients this is true. Once all of the scabs or crusts are gone (within about 10-14 days), it usually looks like you have a crew cut in that area.

The only other consideration, I can think of, would be redness in the transplanted area. Some of our patients who are not able to cover the area with existing hair or a hat, will tell people that their scalp is sunburned (depending on the weather) or that they had to start using a special shampoo that is making their scalp red.

Best of luck with your procedure! Keep us updated.

Aileen

Patient Coordinator for Dr. Steven Gabel

Dr. Steven Gabel is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Horses12:

Most people in an office environment feel comfortable going back to work on the 10th day. We don't shave our patients' recipient area and we tell our patients to actively rub off any remaining scabs/crusts in the shower on the morning of the 10th day. You may see some shed hair after rubbing but the grafts are quite secure by the 10th day.

A few people will have some pinkness or redness. If this can't be hidden with existing hair, some will use makeup to camouflage the colour difference. If someone had little hair in the transplanted area it is best to use noncomedogenic (non-pimple-forming) foundation makeup to match the forehead colour. If someone has thin hair in the area, DermMatch or COUVRE or Toppik can be used.

Also remember to keep your hair long enough on the sides and back to hide the sutures and the trimmed hair around the donor area. We prefer that our patients keep their hair 2 inches long there but 1 inch long hair can still hide the donor area.

I hope this helps. Good Luck with your procedure!

Louise

Lead Hair Transplant Technician for Dr. Cam Simmons at the Seager Medical Group

Dr. Cam Simmons is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians