anti inflammatory drugs or vitamins to help prevent fue scarring???

OK so i want to get a few things clear that may give me an advantage to healing better after the recipient sites are created around the hairline.

this is a quote from a doc who posted on this site i have highlighted the main part.

More than punch size , skin characteristics play a big role.

Patients with white skin tend to have no visible signs of scars even with punch above 1mm.

patient with dark skin ( indian , around Mediterranee sea ,...) tend to have white dots ( signs of scarring ) with punch even smaller than 1mm.

The first factor that determines scarring is inflammatory reaction after a trauma .The bigger the trauma , the higher the inflammation .

Each person react differently from trauma .After torsion of an ankle , you will observe different reaction from big swelling to nothing from one person to the other .

We should be aware of it and try to decrease the inflammatory process ( control punch size , use medication to decrease the inflammatory process ,and so forth .

In the same idea , we are using phototherapy with LED light to help control that .

Scarring with FUE is rare and for those who have that ,we are coming with ways of treating it .

My question is what about using anti inflammatory drugs or natural ones etc. after the procedure?? would that help or not? and if not why not, what complications can doing this cause. thanks.

Edited by Balboa

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

Hi Balboa, my HT doc gave me oral steroids and recommended the homeopathic Arnica Montana which greatly aids In the reduction/prevention of swelling, bruising after any physical trauma. Taking any anti-inflammatory natural supplement will aid in the healing process which should also reduce scarring. I read one doc's post here who stated vitamin E topical cream helps the recipient areas to heal.

I personally used the natural supplements Co Q-10, alpha lipoid acid, DMAE and carnosine before and after my own HT procedure, adding curcumin and Omega-3 fish oils AFTER the HT as they are both potent blood thinners, and you don't want excessive bleeding during your HT procedure. The aforementioned supplements possess excellent anti-inflammatory properties which aids in healing and scar reduction, in addition to lowering blood pressure and cholesterol levels.

Have fun researching this valuable topic, you are on the right track Balboa!

i thought i could take them its just after my first transplant Dr. Armani told me not to take any antinflamatorys very anoying i was given this advice as i could of improved the healing and had less scars.

i am like you, i know my stuff when it comes to vitamins and health products. omega 3 i agree is very important not just for the anti inflammatory effects but the lubrication from the fats help the hair alot.

i will get some newchaptor zyflomend for next time its fiull of natural anti inflammatory and they do work as they did wonders for my acne problem a few years ago.

also will probably buy GraftCyte as an additional aid.

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

Yeah, the GraftCyte was helpful cos it contains "copper peptides" which heals wounds, burns, etc plus it moisturizes and relieves the itching from the inflammation. The Zyflomend is great stuff, this kind of adjunct therapy really makes a huge difference in healing and positive results down the road. Our bodies are VERY RECEPTIVE to natural foods and supplements, almost always without negative side effects, unlike drug therapies, which our bodies struggle with.

How many grafts r u going to do, Balboa?

i want about 1000 to thicken things up to an acceptable thickness to hopefully hide some of the butcher-work scaring from Armani.

I am trying to figure out who i should go to. i will probably need 2 sessions from removing some grafts then back again to implant after healing so europe would suit me much much more. my shortlist is

SMG (USA i know but i have only heard good words said about Dr. Shapiro and Janna one of there techs seems very caring and knows her work well. (unlike some techs)

BHR Dr. Bisanga (very close to me would be very easy and save alot of hastle with travel although he is more expensive than SMG even after i take travel into account)

Feriduni (also Europe and close to me would be very easy again not traveling far.) not sure on cost at that clinic but he does seem to have some very good results and we dont get to see much of him on here i wish there were more to see. also is well known from good sources to be a very nice person and caring for the patient.

i cant be doing with another arrogant cu*t like Armani again that kind of doctor winds me up too much.

i need to sum up who is the best on 3 parts

FUE

REPAIR WORK

NATURAL HAIRLINE DESIGNS

I need the best of the best for all those 3 things i cant afford to be unhappy the 2nd time for sanity sake

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

OK i corrected my initial post as i actually meant a way to improve recipient site scaring in any hair transplantation method as like you said the tool to make the recipient sites is separate.

i agree that the appropriate tools make a HUGE difference in the amount of scaring but i personaly think that diet after surgery can help you to heal better, as if your getting the nutrition the body wants i feel you can help improve scar formation, zinc is a well known substance that they say helps healing.

this topic is not really about FUE its about improved healing from the surgery.

@gothairinfront i am form the UK.

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

I thought as much, since you said European clinics are convenient. Do they have Bosley Hair Centers in the UK? I live in Denver, CO , USA and there are only two doc's that do HT in our city of 2,000,000 peeps, talk about a captive audience if you don't want to travel to have the procedure performed! I paid $9,000 for 2300 grafts total between eyebrows, temples and hairline. Bosley came down from $5.99/ graft to $4.25/ graft with 300 grafts at $3 each. I assume HT's are pricey in the UK? Sure are here and they're not covered under our "new" Obamacare ripoff. LOL

Gothairinfront the UK itself isn't really and option as there isn't enough good clinics infact there is 1 clinic Dr Farjo. but he does not do FUE and he mainly works on older guys and not really known for hairline design in younger men. Europe is the closest option for the UK

and yes Sean your right i used to add extra amounts of turmeric to currys when i cooked more. basil is also very good. but i think needs to be fresh rather than dried.

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily