!!!shedding on recipient area!!!

radiantstar

Hi gents,

I had a FUE ht 3,5 months ago and I recently started to notice that my hairs from the recipient area are shedding. Shedding ones are mostly thin hairs some reaching up to 1-1,5 cm length. I have not counted them daily however each time I touch my hair at shower or after shower I see thin hairs remain on my fingers and palms. Besides there are thick ones popping out but it's very rare.

Basically transplanted hairs are specified as "permanent" as they are extracted from safe zone, mainly back side of head. This is a common expression that you may come across in ht forums, doctors remarks, etc..

So can somebody advise how come my transplanted hairs shed? Had any of you have experienced such an issue at 3-3,5 months post surgery?

Looking forward to your comments.

Cheers

----- I see that nobody suffered from shedding of HT hairs, at least does someone have any ideas what would contribute or lead to such a loss? -----

Hi gents,

I had a FUE ht 3,5 months ago and I recently started to notice that my hairs from the recipient area are shedding. Shedding ones are mostly thin hairs some reaching up to 1-1,5 cm length. I have not counted them daily however each time I touch my hair at shower or after shower I see thin hairs remain on my fingers and palms. Besides there are thick ones popping out but it's very rare.

Basically transplanted hairs are specified as "permanent" as they are extracted from safe zone, mainly back side of head. This is a common expression that you may come across in ht forums, doctors remarks, etc..

So can somebody advise how come my transplanted hairs shed? Had any of you have experienced such an issue at 3-3,5 months post surgery?

Looking forward to your comments.

Cheers

The grafts that were transplanted should not shed at 3.5 months after transplanting, that process typically happens after 2-3 weeks after surgery. I'm not sure how you looked prior to the procedure, but perhaps it's your native hair in that area that is thinning out. Either way if you are concerned you should consult with your doctor and have him or her take a look at the situation.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians