3 transplants with Dr. Gabel

Frank

My hair loss bothered me for years. I spent those years hiding under a baseball cap as much as possible and the rest of the time dreading taking it off. As I was approaching my 50’s I came across Dr. Gabel’s brochure for hair restoration and I made a decision. I decided that I didn’t want to spend any more of my life hiding under that cap. I didn’t want to feel like and old man anymore. I had put in my time raising my family and now it was time to do something for myself! I made the decision and I never looked back.

I had three hair transplants with Dr. Gabel over six years. My first transplant was in 2004 when I had 2,855 grafts put in the front part of my scalp. The second time was my crown with 2,789 grafts. The third surgery was just to thicken everything up. I got 2,010 grafts in June, so I’m still waiting for full grow out.

During my first appointment with Dr. Gabel he explained everything and answered all of my questions. He is a very personable guy and talented. Even with my very first surgery, I felt very at ease knowing I was in capable and caring hands. That really stands out for me. Many doctors I’ve come in contact with are “in and out”. With Dr. Gabel, you can tell that he really cares.

For me, my hair transplant was one of the best choices I have ever made. I’ve started a web blog on this site and I plan to continue to update it with my pictures.

Frank

3 HT’s with Dr. Steven Gabel

2004- 2,855 grafts

2007- 2,789 grafts

2010- 2,010 grafts

View my hair restoration site

Frank,

Congratulations! I'm very happy to hear about your positive experiences with Dr. Gabel.

I suggest adding a link to your website in your signature. To do so, click on "Your Info" in the top left of the forum. Then click "Edit Signature" on the left. You can then add your link and save your new signature.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your pre-op photos along with progress of your most recent hair transplant.

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thank you!

gmonasco- I guess I should change my user name to Mr. Fantastic. I wish I was Reed Richards, then I'd naturally have perfect hair. :)

David- great idea thanks. Now I'll work on getting more of my photos on there.

Frank

2004- 2,855 grafts

2007- 2,789 grafts

2010- 2,010 grafts

Thanks everyone!

I have a ton of photos:eek:. I'd like to post as many key shots as I can. I just updated my site with more from the first HT...more to come. I'll keep everyone posted of updates here.

Frank

2004- 2,855 grafts

2007- 2,789 grafts

2010- 2,010 grafts

• 3 weeks later...

I went into the Doc's office for a check up this week. It's been about 8 months since my last surgery and already it's thickening. I couldn't really tell until I saw the before pics and wow! I'm just waiting to receive the photos that were taken and then I will post them. I'm excited to see what the next few months will bring.

Frank

2004- 2,855 grafts

2007- 2,789 grafts

2010- 2,010 grafts

Frank, i respect and admire your determination to fight the MPB monster. i wished i had that much energy! I was thinking of a second surgery to fortify my frontal zone but i am just v hesitant to go thru all the waiting, downtime etc. Its not as easy as many thought out to be. Waiting was actually, in retrospect, acceptable, it was the downtime that really hurts. I cannot meet clients, bankers etc and it affected my business big time

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Frank you look to have some crazy dense donor hair. Is it tapped out yet? You look as if you have enough for 10,000-12,000 total!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

wb280: I guess I was lucky in the fact that having the procedure didn't interrupt my work schedule too much. I had my procedure done and was able to return to work within a few days wearing a hat as I had usually done to begin with.

If you were to have a second procedure to fortify the area it may not be as noticeable since you have some hair there now. That is as long as your doc doesn't have to shave the area. I've also read about several people using concealers after their HT to hide it. I understand that this would be a tough decision though since it will most likely impact your business and in these times every little bit counts. Good luck to you!

RCWest: I haven't really thought about it too much. I'm pretty sure I've got some donor left back there but I'm really quite happy at this point and expecting my hair to grow in even more over the next few months. :D

Frank

2004- 2,855 grafts

2007- 2,789 grafts

2010- 2,010 grafts