Dr. Sam Lam...RUN FAR AWAY!!!

Dr. Sam Lam puts gag orders on his patients so they're bound by confidentiality.

DO NOT STEP INTO HIS OFFICE UNTIL YOU ASK HIM ABOUT THIS. Sure you don't want to piss your doctor off, but you also want him to be held accountable if things go wrong. Ask him what the consequences are for patients who talk about their experiences to the public if his results are bad. If he says he doesn't use gag orders, GET THAT IN WRITING OR YOU WILL REGRET IT LATER. Our laws must be changed so patients aren't bound by confidentiality to medical doctors who feel they can cover up their mistakes from the public and punish patients who tell the truth about him.

I am sure that you can annonymously post your results here.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hey, that's one of the reasons I came to this site...was to see what was being said about doctors so I can choose the one I feel is the right one for me...I haven't seen a doctor yet, just doing my research and learning since this tends to be expensive..any thoughts for me?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Those who have been on this forum for a while know that we host all genuine posts - the good, bad and the ugly - regardless of the physician or clinic.

Some drs use Medical Justice so tjat if anything negative comments are posted on the web, they are taken off! You can check online and see if a dr is on it.
Lisa, I'm not aware of any service called "Medical Justice". But we certainly don't allow anyone to white wash our forum, whether the clinic is recommended or not or they have their lawyer harassing us and breathing legal fire down on us.

Fortunately we've stood up to and won so many lawsuits that were intended to censor our forum that physicians in general know we don't cave under legal pressure and now they tend to not file such frivolous lawsuits.

As for Dr. Sam Lam, I met him recently at a physician's conference. He presents himself very well. But I do see that he has had some very mixed reviews online. I'd be very disappointed if he did require his patients to not share unfavorable results.

Bill and I have emailed his office to learn more about this in order to set the record straight. They have been invited to reply to this topic. Hopefully they are confident enough in their work to believe in the transparent sharing of their patient's experiences.

Onwards and Upwards, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• Administrators

Thanks Shadow. We do our best and it's good to see our efforts recognized.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

I have been hearing a service advertised on the radio recently that offers to help doctors who are maligned on the Web. I'm not sure of the name though.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

• 1 year later...

This is a great site, but there is at least one doctor that is not allowed to be mentioned on this site. I won't post who it is, so don't ask. Not sure why, if the site lost a lawsuit, or what. This is the best site of its kind, but for some reason or other, probably legal, you are not allowed to be totally transparent here. If there was another site that I totally trusted I might check it out, but I haven't seen any sites that are as good as this.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

It does for the most part, but not total, I can't elaborate because I was not given any info, just that a certain doc was not to be mentioned. The only reason I brought it up was that Pat mentioned being sued and that this site would not back down from docs. I don't know if that is what happened, all I am saying is that there is not 100 percent freedom to talk about any and all docs. The thread kinda went that direction at the beginning and I'm just saying that is not totally accurate.

View Spanker's Website

I also had read some horrible things on the internet about Dr. Sam Lam in Dallas/Plano, Texas. None of the negative reviews (that appeared to me to actually be made by the same person) were signed. All anonymous. Notice this is the very first post of this poster slamming Dr. Lam. Sure it could be legit, but worth noting it was the first post. To be honest after seeing the negative reviews, I thought about cancelling a consultation appointment with Dr. Lam a couple of years ago, but since he was right here in the Dallas area actually near my house I went anyway.

I came away from my consultation impressed with Dr. Lam. He was a good listener, very patient, educational, had a very nice office/staff and was quite open about the internet bad reviews. Basically he stated he had an unhappy patient whose apparent mission in life was to make life miserable for Dr. Lam. I since have made an appointment with Dr. Wong of Hasson/Wong, but the main reason I did not go with Dr. Lam is he doesn't do hair transplants full-time and offers many other cosmetic services. I wanted a doctor that does nothing but hair transplants, but I do think Dr. Lam gets some nice results.

Edited by Shampoo

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

I also had read some horrible things on the internet about Dr. Sam Lam in Dallas/Plano, Texas. None of the negative reviews (that appeared to me to actually be made by the same person) were signed. All anonymous. To be honest after seeing the negative reviews, I thought about cancelling a consultation appointment with Dr. Lam a couple of years ago, but since he was right here in the Dallas area actually near my house I went anyway.

I came away from my consultation impressed with Dr. Lam. He was a good listener, very patient, educational, had a very nice office/staff and was quite open about the internet bad reviews. Basically he stated he had an unhappy patient whose apparent mission in life was to make life miserable for Dr. Lam. I since have made an appointment with Dr. Wong of Hasson/Wong, but the main reason I did not go with Dr. Lam is he doesn't do hair transplants full-time and offers many other cosmetic services. I wanted a doctor that does nothing but hair transplants, but I do think Dr. Lam gets some nice results.

I think this is vital for making sure you get the best possible procedure. I have met people that went to cosmetic surgeons that do not just specialize in hair transplantation and they were disappointed with the results. They either did this because it the surgeon was local or they just did not know any better. Often they would then do a subsequent procedure with an exclusive hair surgeon like Rahal, H&W, Feller etc and the results would be amazing.

Spanker.

There are a few physicians/clinics that for various reasons, including abuses on this forum, ethical violations and poor patient care we no longer reference on this forum.

Basically we do not want unethical and or potentially dangerous clinics promoted on this forum. I hope members of this community can appreciate the need to do this.

Other than these few exceptions this forum is wide open to posts about any and all physicians, the good the bad and the ugly, whether they support this community or not.

Therefore if your post refered to one of these physicians, one of our moderators our will be emailing your post to you with a request to repost it with the reference to this physician removed.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Bill

Hi Guys,

I wanted to take a second to address some of the claims that our community is not "100% transparent." To be completely honest, I truly believe our community is not only the most honest hair restoration community on the web, but also 100% open and transparent.

In the past, there have been a series of legal threats, cases, and issues, and each has been handled by Pat and appropriate legal teams. However, the reason why any of these issues evolved from more than petty threats is because we've blatantly refused to edit, censor, or "back down" from a variety of legal challenges.

In some cases, these issues have resulted in situations where posts regarding certain individuals are no longer hosted on our discussion forums. However, I can confidently assure that these results came AFTER handling the situation and NOT as a result of any attempt to hide, censor, or distort any patient's hair transplant experience.

While I hope this response is sufficient, I truly invite any individual with questions to send me a private message. Furthermore, if there is anything we (Pat, Bill, David, and myself) can do to make our community more open and honest, please let us know. We are truly a patient-based community and we strive to remain the best hair transplant patient advocate on the web!

Thanks, guys!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Blake, I do agree that this is the best ht forum and most trustworthy and open. Bill clarified that there were some that we're not to be referred to on this forum and that makes it less that 100% transparent, especially when not provided the reason for the black balling of the particular physician. If you were to say on a thread, we do not discuss Doctor Elvis Preslly because of reason X, then that would be 100 percent transparent. I did ask for clarification and did not receive it. I don't believe you are not providing this info for selfish reasons and I trust Pat and the moderators. Since you seemed like you were quoting me, and saying that you disagreed with me, I felt the need to clarify myself. I really like this forum, it's the best out there, but for reasons that Bill explained, there is not total freedom to openly discuss or ask questions about every doc out out there. I respect Pat, Bill, you and Dave and am not trying to cause trouble, but again, thought I should make clear what I was saying. The amount of positive knowledge available here exponentially exceeds anything or anyone that is taboo here. I owe basically every bit of HT knowledge that I have to this forum. As Bill says, upwards and onwards (or something like that). :) I won't post on this thread again and feel free to remove my posts on this thread if you feel it is bad for tr community.

View Spanker's Website

Sounds fair! Additionally, you're a valued, long-time member and I hope you'll continue providing quality input on all our discussion threads. Again, thanks for the input and time you've spent on the forums.

Blake, I do agree that this is the best ht forum and most trustworthy and open. Bill clarified that there were some that we're not to be referred to on this forum and that makes it less that 100% transparent, especially when not provided the reason for the black balling of the particular physician. If you were to say on a thread, we do not discuss Doctor Elvis Preslly because of reason X, then that would be 100 percent transparent. I did ask for clarification and did not receive it. I don't believe you are not providing this info for selfish reasons and I trust Pat and the moderators. Since you seemed like you were quoting me, and saying that you disagreed with me, I felt the need to clarify myself. I really like this forum, it's the best out there, but for reasons that Bill explained, there is not total freedom to openly discuss or ask questions about every doc out out there. I respect Pat, Bill, you and Dave and am not trying to cause trouble, but again, thought I should make clear what I was saying. The amount of positive knowledge available here exponentially exceeds anything or anyone that is taboo here. I owe basically every bit of HT knowledge that I have to this forum. As Bill says, upwards and onwards (or something like that). :) I won't post on this thread again and feel free to remove my posts on this thread if you feel it is bad for tr community.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Basically he stated he had an unhappy patient whose apparent mission in life was to make life miserable for Dr. Lam. I since have made an appointment with Dr. Wong of Hasson/Wong, but the main reason I did not go with Dr. Lam is he doesn't do hair transplants full-time and offers many other cosmetic services. I wanted a doctor that does nothing but hair transplants, but I do think Dr. Lam gets some nice results.

He knows very well its not just an "unhappy patient" but there are numerous patients who have had a problem with him. When I consulted with him there was a gentleman who set up an entire website with clear photographs of his scalp but they were removed. When I asked about this site I was told it was just an unhappy patient who was doing this unfairly and how he did everything to please that patient. I left thinking that Dr. Lam was the victim in this and that hair transplant patient was the crazy one but now I know better. He had that website shut down and because he learned from his mistakes and uses gag orders which is smart because he would go out of business if he didn't.

One of the other patients emailed me their details was subpoenaed by Dr. Samuel Lam's lawyers in breach of the confidentiality order. Good doctors don't need gag orders, and in America they should be illegal. If he ever takes me to court for that, he better be ready for my photographs of his work to go online because I have kept excellent photographs of my progress and have hospital medical reports of the damages he did that are ready to go.

Edited by twittster2009

• 1 month later...

As long as the poster purely states the given results of the hair transplant without malice or resentment then there can be no legal recourse to sue for slander or fictitious comments against a company or individual or physician. Our experiences are to be shared in a free and competitive hair transplant market and I applaud this sites protection of its posters.