Traveling Outside of US for Transplant

Hello All, this is my first post (hopefully of many). I have been researching what was best for me, in regard to where/when to have my transplant, for about 3 years now. After much searching, based on quality of work, professionalism of staff, and price, I think I have decided on Dr. Brett Bolton, Age Defying Surgical Center in Fort Lauderdale, FL.

Nonetheless, that was not meant to be a plug but give background info. Before Dr. Bolton, I was set on possibly traveling overseas for a transplant from Alvi Armani, but the cost was out of my range (being 24) and they seemed so sales-ey. After being on the site today, I was impressed with some ppls posts on Dr. Bisanga (Spain) and Dr. Keser (Turkey).

Their sites and work were def impressive, however Spain and Turkey???? For any Americans, or otherwise, who have traveled outside of the country for a surgery, how did the prices compare (less or more than the States)? I am only looking to pay about $7,000 (including travel) for my transplant. I would also prefer a Dr that didn't charge per graft (Yes, there are some out there.. ie. Dr Bolton).

Any advice on any of the Surgeons I named, and flying out of country (prices, relatability, etc) for a transplant?? Thanks

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

Boltons website looks kinds suspect....like he does "plugs."

I would probably keep looking for a surgeon.

Anybody want to look at his website and chime in?

Spend a little more time on the site and learn more about the doctors and about HT's. That is my advice.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I appreciate you replying. Explain to me by what you mean by "plugs", as I have def heard the term but trying to understand the negative connotation and how it differs from what people would prefer.

Did you see the burn victim on the photos section? That looked damn near amazing to me, but maybe I just need to some better ones that are out there.

I think I will def continue to look @ Doctors on the site. Thanks

plugs are when the doctor plants groups of FU's (follicular units). I think this is what the doctor you are considering is calling "bundles.:

It is not natural and can look like dolls hair if you have further thinning and you loose your native hair.

He is probably using "minigrafts." I saw the picture but one or 2 pics posted by a doc is not near enought evidence for me. I need to hear from the patients themselves.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I think i disagree you buddy. North America is the best place in the world to do hair transplants, you got outstanding Drs like Ron Shapiro and Feller in US.. But if your looking for the best of the best, He is in Canada (Dr Rahal)... Actually i wished if i was from any location in North America to have the honor of having an HT with him. So stick to your region and dont risk it buddy. Europe and Asia didnt reach to the satisfying results level. Especially Europe is overpriced, and If you go to Asia, you will save money but waste for ticket. So better do it in North America...

But if you insist to do it in Europe, then you can try Dr. Bisanga, he is amazing but just to correct your info. He is from Brussels Belgium not Spain. Good luck.

Edited by HARIRI

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Hi,

I don't wish to be mean to be disrespectful to the previous post but I check out the doctor's website and I would be concerned about having a HT with this clinic. Where is the evidence that the clinic has proven results.

It would be good to see before/after photos at 12 months to ascertain the results from this HT.

Regards

Rod

• 3 months later...

you should consult with a recommended surgeon from this site and see how many grafts you require, because it may be within your budget. Also many doctors offer financing options, and some have no interest policies which make the process a lot easier. You should really be careful when choosing doctors only on price alone, you have to realize that there may be a reason they are so cheap and it's not necessarily the exchange rate. Do a lot of research.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians