3100 FUE from Dr Armani

ark

I hope the transplant with Armani works out alright for you. After reading so many posts, I gotta say it is stressful.

When I was younger, I was impressed with what Armani showed, the hairlines and all. Then I found the forums. That educated me and I guess protected me from that.

I remember a couple of years ago when I started researching for doctors, I typed up Dr. Rahal Hair on google, after researching him on the forums. I got to see his work with strip. He just started doing FUE not to long ago and I trust him. Thank god I chose Dr. Rahal for my transplant. It's forums like these that make hair restoration a lot safer.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Baldcrisco Ive enjoyed reading some of your post but some I dont agree with.

Ofcourse they got tricked, these doctors where supposed to be the top in forums where people go for help and to exchange reviews and get feedback. when the information they receive is not screened, when shills are allowed and build up these docs, when people who make money protect these doctors from criticism then people dont know who to believe.

Which doctor is suppose to be the top of the forum. None of the top doctor on this forum do what you are stating. None of these doctor that are being accused of this were ever considered a top doctor on this forum (No disrepect to them just stating a fact).

By your comments it would appear to somebody that is researching hair transplants that this was and could be the case in this forum. That is incorrect or inaccurate. If you want to state a forum that does this that fine but generalizing may confuse people.

Sparky I agree 100% with what you are saying. Unfortuantely there is no agency committee or orginization that monitors any doctors. The hair transplant doctors dont have to answer to anybody and since it is a cosmetic surgery they can almost do whatever they want in the industry.That is why a forum like this is probaly the best way of finding a good doctor.

I know of a doctor in Italy that does up to six surgeries a day. He charged 5000 euros a session and transplants up to 600 grafts. The patients is usually done in 3 hours. The problem is the in most cases less than 10-20% growth after 1 year if you are lucky or unlucky. All the patients that I have seen have scar more than .8cm. Yet he has a waiting list of 10 months.

When you try to tell him you are not happy he says its in your mind and offers you another session. I guess what you still have to pay 5000 euros for the second.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Ofcourse they got tricked, these doctors where supposed to be the top in forums where people go for help and to exchange reviews and get feedback. when the information they receive is not screened, when shills are allowed and build up these docs, when people who make money protect these doctors from criticism then people dont know who to believe. So they might end up believing the wrong thing, that their donor can give 15000 grafts, that HM is around the corner, that a strong hairline is the most important thing, that propecia will hold off your hairloss or whatever.

for me these people where victims of a well organized plan that made money for all the accomplishes. Surely now the choise look obvious but back then things were not that clear as they are today. And maybe in the future more things will become clear as well so noone should rush to point the finger and laugh with other guys misfortune.

I still dont agree with you.

Like Lorenzo is saying also, who decides is the top doctor ? Nobody. That's a subjective opinion.

Anyone who is serious about his hairloss should inform himself well. If some doc is telling me that I have a donor of 15000 grafts than I would like to see this confirmed elsewhere...with several other clinics.

Of course I was not blind either. I saw very good results with Armani. I also saw teenage hairlines and already knew that might become a disaster in the future. When I see stuff like that than I cant take anyone seriously...in this case Armani. Of course you always take a gamble with a hair transplant but as long as it is a calculated risk, its okay I think.

Perhaps its different in the US but here in Europe its a well known fact that you should be happy with 4500-6000 grafts donor and that has been since 2002 when I became interested in the subject. With a bit of luck and less future balding, you might have more. I've never heard or read that over 10.000 grafts is common, exceptions aside, let alone 15.000. That propecia will stop your hairloss forever etc etc. Back than these things were also clear to me and it didnt need much research. :rolleyes:

Edited by nw_2

Baldcrisco Ive enjoyed reading some of your post but some I dont agree with.

Which doctor is suppose to be the top of the forum. None of the top doctor on this forum do what you are stating. None of these doctor that are being accused of this were ever considered a top doctor on this forum (No disrepect to them just stating a fact).

By your comments it would appear to somebody that is researching hair transplants that this was and could be the case in this forum. That is incorrect or inaccurate. If you want to state a forum that does this that fine but generalizing may confuse people.

Lorenzo i dont like been used to name the so called bad guys :)...because i am not sure who might prove to be the baddest in the end. I have seem many things in these forums so i dont blindly trust any forum or any doctor.

I think its pretty clear to the guys that we were having the conversation with which forums i mean since they seem to know the history. If you think its confusing you can make it clear for everyone for me its pretty obvious.

I will tell you what i believe, i believe no matter the mistakes that some forums have made in the past that the best thing for a guy who is looking for options is to read all the forums in the internet and not just one. that way he can get more information and find more patients who share their stories.

There are unhappy patients that may post in another forum. there are happy patients that might post in another. the more information the better. there are docs that are not talked in some forums but they are known on others.

All forums have a use and if people read many forums instead of one or two in the Armani case for example there wouldn't be so many who fell for this. There might be other examples in the future so i think its good for people to see things from every possible angle so that they can see which angles are incorrect

Edited by The count Of Baldecristo

Calling patients who had their hairlines restored in their 20s derogatory names is just plain wrong. When a young guy is desperate to save his receding hairline it's understandable that he will fall prey to an unscrupulous HT doctor. I was in my 30s when I had a hack named Joseph Karamikian transplant mini and micro grafts into my hairline; I simply didn't know better.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Well, I did not intend for my comments to make it seem as though I was laughing at the misfortune of others. I am not that type of person, so I apologize for the misunderstanding. I care about people very much.

The FACTS are, however, true about Armani patients being disfigured freaks today and some suicidal. And yet he still is in business and will continue to disfigure and rip off many more with pie in the sky promises.

What you fail to understand about me is that I was one of the SCREAMERS back in 2005 WARNING these kids about the stupid mistakes they were making. However, they were COCKY and laughed at me and thought I was some stupid older fool, Armani was a GOD and could do no wrong because all they could think about was that next 2-3 years in the clubs with their NW0 hairlines. Both me and "dodgedabullet" WARNED THEM INCESSANTLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But they were arrogant, cocky, and yes -- STUPID !!!! Why ? Because they they were dutifully WARNED but they still dove head first into Armani's meat grinder!

So yes, now that years later they realize their complete stupidity in NOT HEEDING THE ELDER'S WARNINGS I may seem harsh in my comments.

Perhaps if I had been even harsher maybe some of them would have listened back then ??? :confused:

that is actually not funny you are talking about people here not mannequins. these are loss hairloss sufferers that got tricked into this they are not disfigured freaks. you think that you are so smart and others are idiots?...what if your dick goes limp from propecia and you have to stop it at one point in time and you end up nw7 with smiley scar on your back? Will your choice or doctor or your supposed better plan will be any better then?

I say lets be modest about our choices and how we talk about other people bad choices because our arrogance might bite us in the ash!

Edited by EpilepticSceptic

Baldcrisco the more information you have on hair transplantation the more educated you are, so I agree with you. This particular discussion is about a certain doctor (no disrepect to him I dont like putting down any doctor) on this forum when you generalize a statement like top of forums. Although all forums on the outside are the same on the inside they have completely different approached and agendas.

I have seem many things in these forums so i dont blindly trust any forum or any doctor.

I can understand being careful and researching before you make a deciion on anything. But why are you on this forum to be an adovate against hair tranplants? Since you dont trust any doctor or forums then your reasoning to be on this forum is confusing to me. Generalizing all doctor as one is whats wrong with this industry that is why many people are getting hacked and receiving subpar hair transplant. Websites like this help people make a better decision even if its not having a hair transplant.

Anyways thanks for your response!

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

i have to agree with The count Of Baldecristo's becuase i am one of the unlucky ''freaks'' that went to armani and dont like to be called stupid

I did alot of research first like most do but unfortunately i did not find this forum, i found Hairsite and trusted it because of other patients that were very pleased and impressed with what the dr did, then when i finally found this site after my hairtransplant those patients turned out to be shills.

on haitsite you had PATS,CHAD,SHANE etc etc. who were all liers but because hairsite was paid off by Armani they got away with such lies because anything negative about Armani got deleted from the forum so only positive reviews would stand.

Bobby Sharma the UK rep for Armani also told me that Hair Multiplication was round the corner and said Dr Armani is working very close to something that will give unlimited donor. but obviously this was verbal and they were clever to not put in writing such things.

so yes i admit i was a bit stupid at the time but when i actually did do the research first and didn't find anything negative about Dr Armani what more could i do.

I was very unfortunate to not find this site. i think i did stumble across the homepage at one point but did not see the forum button as it was very small and didn't stand out so i was unlucky there and when you have so many people on a forum saying he is the best you believe it!

i have learnt a valuable lesson from it though and im very precocious in everything i do in life now. but i have to wake up every morning to look in the mirror and be reminded of being robbed out of 15000 dollars because not only did i get very poor growth i got a wonky hairline that is full off silver bumpy scars and a taxed donor supply.

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

You dont have to explain yourself to anyone Balboa. Most of us know how these things worked, when a guy was raising flags and tried to warn people there were always some smooth talkers that dived in the conversation pretending to be normal posters and trying to make the guys who raised flags look like he has an agenda. An agenda against Armani, against hair transplants or i dont know what.

It was not easy for people to understand who they should believe. Maybe (our example)epileptic skeptic and some others were trying to warn people but in the end it was just his opinion why should you trust his opinion and not 10 others who were either working for the doctor directly or indirectly.

It was a tough choise to make, epileptic was not so polite and smooth as others were and it was easy for moderators, reps, shills, posters that worked for a forum or desperate newbees who didnt know any better to attack him and accuse him of all sort of things. but in any case was epileptic the right guy to trust and are his opinions worthwhile? Maybe in some cases they were and in others not, he was no savior noone is...

The choise its never easy and it still isnt. There are happy people with hair transplants and unhappy people with hair transplants even from recognized good docs. The procedure is the same and most doctors that are good know how to do it.

I think a patient should research more than a good doctor he should research if he likes what transplants can achieve and what it takes to achieve them... and that is the hard part which needs more work than some people think. A forum is not enough, you have to travel to meet patients first and not only nw3's but people with advanced balding so you can see if you will like your transplant 5-10-15 years down the road.

You have to use your PM function when and find out why some people are unhappy, be friends with them get them to open to you and tell you their story even if they dont share it so openly in the forums. Meet with people in person. Ask the reps hard questions. Demand the answers. Question openly pics that do not satisfy you. Wonder why unhappy patients stopped posting.

Its all about you! its not about the doctors or the forums or friends...its a business and you will spend money.. money that no doctor, forum who recommends or advertised the doctor or friend will refund to you. Some might think i am cynical but i am not cynical, its just not wise to be a romantic in hair transplant forums ;)

Baldecristo,

I think you fail to understand that I was not trying to be anybody's savior warning against Armani. Dude, it was simply common sense to see that what he was doing would eventually be a disaster for a large majority of these young dudes. He was frontloading the hairlines of 20 year old guys whose fathers (maternal uncles) were NW7 !!! he was using 5000+ grafts to take a NW2 hairline to a NW0. So yes, these young guys were not only stupid -- they were also simply greedy and refused to acknowledge the OBVIOUS future repercussions of their decisions. The excuse that they were "gullible" or "misled" by shills doesn't really fit; back then the HLH forum was pretty good and strong dissenting opinions of sceptics (like me) were allowed, but these dudes decided to only hear what they wanted to hear.

I feel sorry for Balboa because if Hairsite was all he was going by then he was basically in a pit of snakes and didn't realize it because dissenting opinions are not allowed there. However, I was smart enough to back out of an old minigraft plug surgery with NuHart back in 1993 before there was any internet or any possibility of researching anything in this shady industry. If you get hacked up today with all the information available on the web then you simply have to take some responsibility and realize that you had to be incredibly naive to fall for the tactics of these stupid greedy shills.

If you've done just 6 months of proper research then you will be able to spot a shill in an instant, and you will be immune from their tactics.

Edited by TakingThePlunge

I had my first op before the internet, didn't need it, still wouldn't need one now. I wasn't smart enough to back out, although I was smart enough to back out of surgery with NHI in Athens on the day of surgery, still pleased I made that choice.

Nowdays people should have the sense to look beyond shoddy websites like hairsite, you don't have to look very far to see lots of bad reviews for Armani. I got banned from hairsite for asking very polite questions to pats205, no message from the stupid owner, just banned. Never actually found out exactly what I did.

Baldecristo,

I think you fail to understand that I was not trying to be anybody's savior warning against Armani. Dude, it was simply common sense to see that what he was doing would eventually be a disaster for a large majority of these young dudes. He was frontloading the hairlines of 20 year old guys whose fathers (maternal uncles) were NW7 !!! he was using 5000+ grafts to take a NW2 hairline to a NW0. So yes, these young guys were not only stupid -- they were also simply greedy and refused to acknowledge the OBVIOUS future repercussions of their decisions. The excuse that they were "gullible" or "misled" by shills doesn't really fit; back then the HLH forum was pretty good and strong dissenting opinions of sceptics (like me) were allowed, but these dudes decided to only hear what they wanted to hear.

I fully agree with this.

My thoughts exactly.

Dude, it was simply common sense to see that what he was doing would eventually be a disaster for a large majority of these young dudes. He was frontloading the hairlines of 20 year old guys whose fathers (maternal uncles) were NW7 !!! he was using 5000+ grafts to take a NW2 hairline to a NW0. So yes, these young guys were not only stupid -- they were also simply greedy and refused to acknowledge the OBVIOUS future repercussions of their decisions. The excuse that they were "gullible" or "misled" by shills doesn't really fit; back then the HLH forum was pretty good and strong dissenting opinions of sceptics (like me) were allowed, but these dudes decided to only hear what they wanted to hear.

Ok calm down a bit bro i am on your side but...where did you see their fathers that were nw7 :). I am pretty sure they didnt release such a detail when they were showcasing their results ;)Anyway if you remember correctly the fall of armani started with his FUE not while he was a strip doctor. Back then he was considered by most one the best, the usual battle was between H&W and Armani.

People were raising flags about low hairlines and too many grafts used but the clinic was answering that is the strategy many hair in front and less as you go back because the hairline was the most important thing. Many fell for this they were not all idiots! I didnt see any of the other doctors coming in and say what the f*ck is this guy saying dont mislead the patientsc I mean back in time the debate was which hairlines are better, who takes the largest megasssions etx

In the strip years even experienced posters were saying if you want the best hairline go to Armani if you want the best crown to Hasson and things like that! It took time for the tune to change- and it changed completely with FUE and when the results didnt come as before- not because of the low hairlines and the many grafts used! If he was a strip doctor and the results were like before trust me he would still be in the forums and you wouldnt be able to say nothing because you are now a H&W patient and they would say that you have an agenda!

As long as propecia keeps the native hair people would only go for more density but the reality of what happens if a guy ends up nw6-7 with many grafts used in small balding areas will be seen in the future and not only for Armani other doctors go beyond and above thanx to propecia, i didnt see any Armani patient showing us his pics and say look my front is like a wall but behind i am like a freak, most of these patients from the strip years propably (and even more hopefully)still maintain on propecia...

Armani is not down because people were left with moustaches in front and they look like disfigured freaks now ( its a high propability in the future or when propecia stops working) he went down because he was no more the controlled small clinic of a doctor but he opened 5 clinics and became like Bosley and MHR and the FUE results were bad and people had bad growth. In my opinon the whole story with shills, extraordinary claims and such were made to cover that truth... before didnt need them that much because the results from strip were good(they grafts grew) even if they were considered rightly agressive by many. for others it was the only way that a hair transplant looked good!

Its not right to blame the patients, for instance i believe that long strip scars that go ear to ear from megasessions are dangerous and might start to show if you end up nw7, maybe in the future or if you have to stop propecia you might turn up to be an idiot as well or look like a freak (god forbits). So lets not point fingers afterall both you and them chose to believe your doctor and the results you see now, not how it might look like in 20-30 years time if you end up nw7 like you say

Its not right to blame the patients, for instance i believe that long strip scars that go ear to ear from megasessions are dangerous and might start to show if you end up nw7, maybe in the future or if you have to stop propecia you might turn up to be an idiot as well or look like a freak (god forbits). So lets not point fingers afterall both you and them chose to believe your doctor and the results you see now, not how it might look like in 20-30 years time if you end up nw7 like you say

Dr. Hasson has been during hair transplants since 1994 and Dr. Wong I believe 1990. That is over 26 years where are all these freak you are talking about??? Regardless whether the session is 1000 graft or 7000 grafts there is a scar in the back sometimes short sometimes longer. Doctors take the strip in an area that will not fall out therefore you wont be able to see it in the future. Most doctor prefer not to do surgery on NW7 or future NW7 because of lack of grafts and big area to fill.

Your generalization are ridiculous in my opinion. How do you know how many young patients or NW7 come into a clinic and get refused?? I have personally since Dr. Hasson refuse some surgeries on surgery day and give his patient there money back. Not only he refused money he still has to pay the 10-12 assistance that are there to work. Some patients come in from another country or city on surgery day and demand a low hairline and will not compromise. Rather than make the patient happy and make him look like a freak he rather cancel the surgery. Other instances the pictures that were send look like the guy had normal hairloss when he shows up he has diffuse thinning.

Top doctors have a moral responsiblity and they take the serious to the point where they rather lose money on that day that do whats not right.

Once again if anybody reads your comments they will either be confused or understand that you speaking with very little knowledge of how the top doctor in the industry work. Although you may want to come across as an adovate against the industry my opinion is you are not.

Sorry if I sound harsh but this is my opinion.

Dr. Hasson has been during hair transplants since 1994 and Dr. Wong I believe 1990. That is over 26 years where are all these freak you are talking about??? Regardless whether the session is 1000 graft or 7000 grafts there is a scar in the back sometimes short sometimes longer. Doctors take the strip in an area that will not fall out therefore you wont be able to see it in the future. Most doctor prefer not to do surgery on NW7 or future NW7 because of lack of grafts and big area to fill.

Your generalization are ridiculous in my opinion. How do you know how many young patients or NW7 come into a clinic and get refused?? I have personally since Dr. Hasson refuse some surgeries on surgery day and give his patient there money back. Not only he refused money he still has to pay the 10-12 assistance that are there to work. Some patients come in from another country or city on surgery day and demand a low hairline and will not compromise. Rather than make the patient happy and make him look like a freak he rather cancel the surgery. Other instances the pictures that were send look like the guy had normal hairloss when he shows up he has diffuse thinning.

Top doctors have a moral responsiblity and they take the serious to the point where they rather lose money on that day that do whats not right.

Once again if anybody reads your comments they will either be confused or understand that you speaking with very little knowledge of how the top doctor in the industry work. Although you may want to come across as an adovate against the industry my opinion is you are not.

Sorry if I sound harsh but this is my opinion.

thats ok dont worry about being harsh but maybe you should read my post again.I have no doubt nw7 patients get refused. I am just saying what happens if a guy ends up nw7 and his has strip scars like this?

Are we really sure that we can predict the future or we are relying too much on propecia? I am pretty sure that there is a strategy from the doctor that can explain it...there always is, i am just not too sure if i can go out and call freaks other people until i know my choise will work out for me long term. I am not saying it will happen i just said what if... the only reason i use epileptic as an example is because he said it, i am not even familiar with his case i just wanted to make a point.

dont get me wrong i have no interest in going into all this i know that it brings only drama, i ve lived it before. I mentioned a possibility not a fact for which possibility i said people should more modest about their choices and not judge other people.

I may be wrong but honestly how are you so certain that you are right and you are being so dogmatic and absolute that your clinic is right on every count? afterall you are not a future teller you just work for them for translations. Megasessions are new and these graft counts its not like as they ve been around for 20-30 years. Most of these impressive results we have seen are with in the last decade

I am not generalising my friend of course H&W are not Armani, not even close, they are top class we all know that but still its a hair transplant clinic Lorenzo they are not a religion that we all should believe and never doubt. You say i confuse people but i am just an opinion and so are you, lets keep an open mind no reason to be harsh on other peoples opinions or think that we know better than everyone because its dogmatic people like you with blind faith that may do more damage in the end. Who knows.

DSC02181.jpg.ebd13387cae610d6d6a4659f922cbbb8.jpg

temple.jpg.e71de623f86185f370daac1924f4eb60.jpg

This here proves what some of us are saying about other sites that are paid off by Armani it also shows mj2003 who is known by Einstein on here who has admitted what the Armani clinic paid him to do. have a good luck this one is for the newer people on here who haven't had chance to see what were all taking about when we refer to hairsite as the Armani cheerleading facility

(Link removed by moderator)

Edited by TakingThePlunge

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

I think in today's world it can be as difficult to make an informed decision as it was before the internet! This is due to the incredible amount of information that is contradictory and misleading. Add to this a person's low self-esteem and self consciousness and you have the recipe for many disasters!

We certainly do need to rely on the moral fibre of individuals to advise people appropriately, but unfortunately that moral fibre isn't always present.

Cosmetic surgery of any kind has its risks; I have read enough horror stories about nose jobs and seen enough shows about terrible surgeries in Mexico or Asia!

In my particular case, there is no doubt that my vanity got the better of me. Not just once but twice now!! In fact more than that if I count the various creams, etc for my face!

As far as HT goes, if I had to do it again I wouldn't have one. I would have simply kept my hair shaved as I did before my first HT!

In regards to my current one, well at least my donor site has recovered a bit since my last post. It is still growing back thinly, but at least it is better than a month back. Luckily I didn't have my hairline lowered to any significant degree. Just 1mm on the sides of my hairline. As such, the small bumps I can see are hidden in my current hairline. Although there is a small degree of discoloration as it heals. It also looks raised slightly, but hopefully this and the discoloration will settle. It is then a question of seeing what my yield will be from the HT. Hopefully it will be okay. If not, then my last HT will be into my old strip scar and I will go back to shaving my hair.

I honestly think that had I known all the criticisms about Armani, I might have still gone to him since my vanity would have been too strong to overcome! No one thinks it will happen to them as the famous line goes!

Glad you're seeing some improvement ark. Like everyone's said, there's still a long time to go before you know how it will turn out, so even if you feel like you're seeing results slowly you have to remember it's a long process. Good luck

• 3 years later...
that's what happens when the priority of the doctor becomes money over results and patient satisfactory. he made a name for himself to get people in and then upped his prices, paid sites to post lies to get more people in and then ****ed us all over with his shoddy fue work letting the techs do 90% of the work. and the 10% he does do (graft site hole punching) he cant even get right anymore. look at my wonky hairline it tells its own story.

Mine is a long-delayed response to this old thread, but I'd like to know how many hair doctors let their technicians (in various stages of training and competency) do the bulk of the actual grafting? It seems to be the norm, the more I read about it. To me that seems like ordering a world-class meal and finding out that temporary chefs cooked it. When you pay big money you expect that the doctors themselves will be doing the whole thing. It was never explained or really implied before my relatively small procedure (see other recent posting).

Still, given the tediousness of so many grafts I can see why they portion out the "dirty work." They should just be more up front about who's going to do what.