Anyone had success with saw palmetto?

Uk_lad

Hi the question is in the title. Has anyone who is just using saw palemtto had any success with this product? any side effects, answers from users would be much appreciated. additionally, people from the UK who use this, where do they buy it from/how much do they use? Many Thanks

I have been taking it for about two months now, every day. One 450 mg capsule with One tablet of Beta Sitosterol as well (beta sitosterol is the active ingredient in saw palmetto). It seems to be keeping hairs from falling out, but I have no objective data.

Also, it seems to kill my libido and I have to take creatine and keep a super clean diet to have a sexual urge. Of course, the lack of libido could also be from mild depression from loosing hair. I'm not sure.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have been taking it for probably over 4-5 years because I am quite nervous to take Propecia based on all the side effect issues. It is hard to tell whether it is working for me because hair loss is hard to gauge because it is such a slow process but who knows what my hair would have looked like if i wasn't on it?! I am receding at the hairline and have most of my crown thankfully...so who knows. I have noticed a little drop in my libido though without even knowing that saw palmetto could do this...i noticed back in the day that my libido was down and then realized that this could be bc of the saw palmetto...but erections and semen seem to be normal thankfully. Hope this helps a little.

• Like 1

• 7 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I was much younger I used to take Saw Palmetto and it did help me to delay my thinning hair and hair loss, however over time either due to genetics, my diet or both - eventually it stopped being that effective as I aged and I began to investigate stronger options. Recently, I actually stumbled upon Hemp CBD Oil and the truth is it seems to work even better than Saw Palmetto ever did for me. The good thing about Saw Palmetto, I had absolutely no side effects.