Help. I had my hair transplant with Larry Shapiro.

JekyllandHyde

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@JekyllandHyde~ I feel compassion on your feelings but it doesn't mean that "anything inexpensive is at it's worst cost." My husband and father in-law also went and had HT with Dr. Lawrence Shapiro. Both of them had such great results! It sounds to me per your 1st posting that you were not satisfied overall from your consultation day up to your post-op surgery. I am sorry to hear that but my husband and I, (including his father) had an impressive consultation with Dr. L. Shapiro. I just wanted to know, if you were expecting so much more from him, such as finding more answers to your questions, you should have ask his assistant to get him. While my husband and father in-law did their surgeries, I asked many questions. I also asked Dr. L. Shapiro if I could see part of their procedures and he obliged to let me "peek." Dr. Shapiro also let me view the part when he and his technicians were in the process of "fillet"-ing my husbands strip into grafts.

Take it from my personal experience with two loving family members that had it done with

Dr. Lawrence Shapiro. If you follow the Pre-Op/Post-Op and take the recommended Vits and what have you, you should see great results just like my husband and father in-law.

I also read on your original post dated (12/17/2010@10:45pm) that you were told by his staff not to touch your scalp for a couple of days but you have taken it into account (per your words) to take the advise of "thehairupthere" and rinsed your scalp with a mixture of warm water and baby shampoo to remove the big scabs. Now, are you sure that you did not loosen any grafts out by washing your scabs off and by softening your scalp altogether?? do you think by doing that so, you could have loosen some grafts and pushed out? that is a very brave step considering on your #1 post (12/17/2010 @5:40pm), that it was your first day after your first "HT" that is too soon to do considering my husband had the same post-op instructions or post care given as well as to you. Dr. L. Shapiro's staff repeatedly reminded my husband to rinse after 3 days. Why are you rinsing so soon?

Let me also comment about your incision part, you said that Dr. L. Shapiro was done in 5mins., if I were you, I would be glad that you didn't have an open head or scalp for a long period of time otherwise I would be worried about it in case infections sets in you know.....

Why now that you are collecting bloody bad publicity about him? Trust me son, people in this type of business will throw rocks at any prestigious doctors like Dr. L. Shapiro.

I think #2, #3 and #20 posts are quite "right on the money" as far as well suggestions/questions are concerned. I guarantee you will find great satisfaction of

Dr. Lawrence Shapiro's work and best results just like my husband and father in-law did.

Goodluck to you and God Bless.....

Larry Shapiro isn't prestigious, hes a quack, and you work for him.

@JekyllandHyde~ I feel compassion on your feelings but it doesn't mean that "anything inexpensive is at it's worst cost." My husband and father in-law also went and had HT with Dr. Lawrence Shapiro. Both of them had such great results! It sounds to me per your 1st posting that you were not satisfied overall from your consultation day up to your post-op surgery. I am sorry to hear that but my husband and I, (including his father) had an impressive consultation with Dr. L. Shapiro. I just wanted to know, if you were expecting so much more from him, such as finding more answers to your questions, you should have ask his assistant to get him. While my husband and father in-law did their surgeries, I asked many questions. I also asked Dr. L. Shapiro if I could see part of their procedures and he obliged to let me "peek." Dr. Shapiro also let me view the part when he and his technicians were in the process of "fillet"-ing my husbands strip into grafts.

Take it from my personal experience with two loving family members that had it done with

Dr. Lawrence Shapiro. If you follow the Pre-Op/Post-Op and take the recommended Vits and what have you, you should see great results just like my husband and father in-law.

I also read on your original post dated (12/17/2010@10:45pm) that you were told by his staff not to touch your scalp for a couple of days but you have taken it into account (per your words) to take the advise of "thehairupthere" and rinsed your scalp with a mixture of warm water and baby shampoo to remove the big scabs. Now, are you sure that you did not loosen any grafts out by washing your scabs off and by softening your scalp altogether?? do you think by doing that so, you could have loosen some grafts and pushed out? that is a very brave step considering on your #1 post (12/17/2010 @5:40pm), that it was your first day after your first "HT" that is too soon to do considering my husband had the same post-op instructions or post care given as well as to you. Dr. L. Shapiro's staff repeatedly reminded my husband to rinse after 3 days. Why are you rinsing so soon?

Let me also comment about your incision part, you said that Dr. L. Shapiro was done in 5mins., if I were you, I would be glad that you didn't have an open head or scalp for a long period of time otherwise I would be worried about it in case infections sets in you know.....

Why now that you are collecting bloody bad publicity about him? Trust me son, people in this type of business will throw rocks at any prestigious doctors like Dr. L. Shapiro.

I think #2, #3 and #20 posts are quite "right on the money" as far as well suggestions/questions are concerned. I guarantee you will find great satisfaction of

Dr. Lawrence Shapiro's work and best results just like my husband and father in-law did.

Goodluck to you and God Bless.....

Here we go again..... (from reading this lady's previous husband and dad testimonials - different username though....)

There must be some of Mr L.Shapiro's 10,998 other patients willing to post some results on here?

@Sparky~ how ugly of you to attack me so negatively. First, I don't know what you are so angry about and I don't work for Dr. Shapiro. Second if you didn't understand what I wrote then re-read it again. I was not waiting for anyone else to respond to me but "JeckyllandHyde." Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Have a bless day ;)

@largechris~ tsk...tsk...tsk... how funny you pointed that out after 1 year and a half?? how the heck did you do that? It's mind boggling, I am very curious now.... It's MD04 now cause military life is moving us to MARYLAND when my husband gets in homeland--- I am not here for arguments with you or anyone. I am just here to share. Have a real bless day ;)

@Sparky~ how ugly of you to attack me so negatively. First, I don't know what you are so angry about and I don't work for Dr. Shapiro. Second if you didn't understand what I wrote then re-read it again. I was not waiting for anyone else to respond to me but "JeckyllandHyde." Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Have a bless day ;)

I don't apologize, you either are Larry Shapiro or work for him, and your complete lack of knowledge on HT's reflects that, unfortunatly for the OP of this thread, his HT won't turn out as it should and he will need another one. If it's gonna be so good lets get Larry Shapiro to agree to showcase the end result on his website.

You disgust me!

MD04 - how did you know discussion of Dr Shapiro was even happening in this forum? Even though it was your family members, not you, who got the procedures awhile back, you still frequent this particular hairloss forum? Can I ask why?

Jan 2000 - 600 FUT with Dr Kurgis (MHR)

Sept 2011 - 1411 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Jan 2013 - 1800 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Sep 2014 - 1000 FUE with Dr Paul Shapiro

My Hairloss Blog »

Ok, so we have someone, whose relatives had a HT performed by Larry Shapiro awhile ago, and she enyers this forum (it was her/his first post) only to defend the work of Larry Shapiro whatever the cost may be...... jeje, the knights of the Great Shapiro come at his rescue. Where are the other thousands of happy patients?

That maneuver is the same old one he's been using in this and another forums. I'll post a couple of liks later. It's amazing, a lot of years practicing HT and deceptive-advertisement and you haven't lerned how to do them. Still shoddy.

She mentions her husband in the post but according to her profile which, was created yesterday, she's a male who is a NWIII and has been losing hair for 5 years

LMAO! These people don't think that we can see through them, we knew you were a fake the second you posted your stupid "story"

I think you are freaking out a little which is normal, I know the first couple weeks i was feeling a little worried that I might have made a mistake.

I went to dr feller who was awesome both pre and post op...

but i was initially upset that the technicians do most of the work and i didnt see feller very much during the procedure. this is something that wasnt explaind to me before hand....

another thing is I didnt even touch my head till i went back to feller to have my staples taken out which was like 11 days later, he actually laughed and said go a head and wash it, your not gonna pull the hairs out...

im about 8 months in and happier about my hair than ive been in ten years, worth every penny ..

I think you should relax and be patient when you see your progress in a few months and im sure you will be happy ..

MD, perhaps your husband did get good results from his HT. If so, great. But what cannot be disputed is the fact that jeckylandhyde's post-op pics do not represent what an ultra-refined HT would look like. (Take a look at my post-op pics to see the clear difference.)

What also cannot be debated is that Shapiro has employed shills to post on this site. The forum has exposed that in the past. Therefore anyone who posts on here singing this doc's praises will look suspect. And, as others have pointed out, it is a bit odd that you, not your husband or father-in-law, would be spending time on this forum to defend him.

The best approach you can take, if you want to continue contributing here, would be to post pictures of your husband and/or father-in-law and their wonderful results. That would likely silence the naysayers, and give you some forum credibility. Otherwise whatever you say, no matter how truthful, rings hollow. Take care.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

MD, perhaps your husband did get good results from his HT. If so, great. But what cannot be disputed is the fact that jeckylandhyde's post-op pics do not represent what an ultra-refined HT would look like. (Take a look at my post-op pics to see the clear difference.)

What also cannot be debated is that Shapiro has employed shills to post on this site. The forum has exposed that in the past. Therefore anyone who posts on here singing this doc's praises will look suspect. And, as others have pointed out, it is a bit odd that you, not your husband or father-in-law, would be spending time on this forum to defend him.

The best approach you can take, if you want to continue contributing here, would be to post pictures of your husband and/or father-in-law and their wonderful results. That would likely silence the naysayers, and give you some forum credibility. Otherwise whatever you say, no matter how truthful, rings hollow. Take care.

male, NWIII, thinning for 5 years, so......not a genuine poster.

Again sorry to hear about these results. I noticed you were saying how you would like to hide this for a few years, some products to consider are dermatch, or toppik they work quite well at making your hair look thicker and can mask the unnatural look. I believe you can only buy them online, or some hair restoration surgeon's offices.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thanks for the recomendations guys.

Thehairupthere: how are this products applied? The issue is that Minoxidil is troublesome enough, it gets my hair oilysh. Have you seen someone who has gotten any results (though modest) with them?

I'd appreciate some fist hand opinions about them. Thanks again, this forum has been very helpful in overcoming this awful event.

These products are all cosmetic they will not regrow hair or maintain hair, it simply gives you a more full looking head of hair. Toppik is like a powder, which is small microfiber hairs, which you simply sprinkle onto the area, while dermatch is also a powder but thicker consistency which you apply with an applicator and does the same thing. My personal preference is for toppik as it looks more natural, you can do some research on their websites if you are interested.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians