Dr. Bisagna 1498 fue

Levrais

I'm at the 2 week point now. The donor area seems to have returned to normal. On the recipient area, the scabs are gone and the color is pretty good. The grafts are gorwing quite a bit, too bad I still have the shedding phase to go. Aside from numbness is the recipiet area, I feel normal. Even at 2 weeks, people cant seem to tell Ive done anything.

The pics on my website are in higher resloution.

I welcome any comments

Levrais

DSC00110.JPG.58cdd945b19b439c550bfb75960b8b99.JPG

DSC00116.JPG.839b07d0af527e8de7fddc795e21988c.JPG

DSC00117.JPG.b494b85b8ecb04d4edaa438f0565e285.JPG

DSC00118.JPG.400a4dfd1353302ff22512dbf754f1cf.JPG

DSC00119.JPG.16f0c40e07aad9469b9879ece9ef4450.JPG

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps it's the lighting, but your left donor side looks a bit thinner than the right side. Regardless, the work looks outstanding, and I bet that if you buzzed your hair down, nobody would be able to tell you had work done.

TC17,

Thanks for the comment. You are right, the lighting is deceptive. In reality, both sides look like the left side looks in the pic. I like how thick the hair looks in the right side pic but not quite there yet. I also lke the idea of buzzing down to one length but so far my girlfriend has talked me out of it. We'll see :)

Levrais

View my patient website:

Hi all,

Thanks for the previous comments. I have posted the 3 week update on my site (link below). I've noticed the the recipient area is now starting to get pinker. Is it normal for the color to get worse like this? I'm not worried about it since my native hair is starting to grow long enough to cover the skin but I thought the the color improves around week 3. Not much shedding yet, fingers crossed. I am happy with this design and obviously will be very happy if the final hairline result looks anything like this.

Comments welcome,

Levrais

View my patient website:

• 2 months later...

I'm at 15 weeks now and am starting to notice a change in my appearance. The change is so gradual that I dont think anyone notices but me. When I compare to my preop photo, I can see a difference. These pics were taken in natural light. If Im under bright neon, you can see some scalp behind the forelock. If I get another procedure, I will probably try to fill that area in. At this point I am very happy with the progress.

beforelr.jpg.874dd36d1fe224ae3744a1ed88bc6233.jpg

DSC02093lr.jpg.17a14af7980d9e930e0f9fa689fc6aca.jpg

DSC02091lr.jpg.ac89f8e744290fe048ab1b9b93c2c404.jpg

DSC02090lr.jpg.abf204213d5c8d79461cc9ec48952aa5.jpg

DSC02092lr.jpg.fff3c527dac8992ae3e79d0d5d05e979.jpg

View my patient website:

Thanks, I met with the Dr. Bisanga today to evaluate donor supply for future work behind the forelock and on the crown. The donor supply is still strong and I have some good options at the point.

View my patient website:

Looks good so far!

Although it was easier to tell via the pics when grafts were shorter...

Do you think the procedure has in any way weakened the adjacent hair in the forelock/temple areas ??

Something I often wonder/worry about with a potential procedure would be ending up damaging the existing hair through shockloss...

Jaity,

Thanks, I agree that its hard to tell whats going on just from the pics. If I pull the hair back tightly and zoom in directly on the grafts, its not all that impressive. The biggest difference when I look in the mirror is that I see a shadow of hair where there used to be bare skin and as the grafts get longer they are blending in with the native hair. I will take more pics this weekend which is roughly the 4 month mark and try to get some clearer shots.

I havent noticed any problems with the forelock itself post op but I think the area directly behind it may have suffered or just continued to thin. It was very thin there preop also so its hard to tell if Ive had some shockloss or if the thinness has become more obvious since there is now more in the front to show a contrast. Either way, Im planning to do a 2nd ht in the summer to add some grafts there and to address the upper crown.

View my patient website:

I got bored and decided to take a couple more pics before the weekend. These are taken under very harsh light and I have done my best to move the native hair out of the way and zoom on the grafts. These are 4 days shy of 4 months.

DSC02114lr.jpg.e2d385825a857f9d2d2345158bc08407.jpg

DSC02117lr.jpg.e70fcc4c17ae142ca92037264ab89c00.jpg

View my patient website:

Im at 4 months today and am happy with the progress so far. The doc says this should be about 40% of the result at this point. This is my normal hair cut, buzzed to a #1 guard on the sides faded to a 2. My hair cutter says next hair cut she will probably be able to cut the native hair to the same length as the transplanted hair.

Comments welcomed!

Bill is it possible to remove the "2 week update" reference from the original title of this thread or will I need to start a new thread to do that?

frontlr.JPG.ce106d27c484d2cfb7bb0ad41267c2cc.JPG

leftlr.JPG.5a509a76c95888a1647835576ea8d23e.JPG

Edited by Levrais

View my patient website:

Levrais,

Congratulations! Things are looking fantastic at 4 months. You're really going to be a happy man at the end of this journey.

I've gone ahead and edited the title of your post for you.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Levrais,

Thank you for keeping us updated! It looks like everything is coming along nicely.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice work. You seem to have real thick hair.

I do think a doc like Bisanga should have taken care about your temple points too. So important...but surprised by that.

Perhaps something for the next procedure ?

Edited by Unregistered