3,168 grafts in African American male, 6months

This patient has type IVA hair loss and had a history of older minigrafts about 10 years ago. We performed 3,168 FU's (6,177 hairs). He came in for a 6 month check and showed good growth. This should continue to thicken up over the next 6 months. Some patients show slower growth but end up with excellent results as well so I try to get patients not to worry too much if they are "late bloomers". The photo taken immediately after the graft placement shows a purplish color because of the dye we sometimes use in darker skinned patients to stain the sites.

1.jpg.dd288a5f2d95d5bfcff8172e17efb4d0.jpg

2.jpg.65dd363d284e1e9a3e481b0d842ded0f.jpg

3.jpg.16604395367ee4b144e43195be4968eb.jpg

4.jpg.49adcf007d8344746ef5ec8f3a302147.jpg

5.jpg.a98f9392e44d1daa8231c0ad0b3629f5.jpg

6.jpg.3c1af387873fa38c176daa5d121a9beb.jpg

7.jpg.b6a375a3ba850804bb01d04dd446a8ba.jpg

8.jpg.97a3d96a0a03eeb9c822ba16da845ce6.jpg

Dr. Cooley,

Thank you for presenting this case. This patient's hair looks great at 6 months. I'm sure he must be very happy already and there's much more in store for him.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Dr. Cooley, I have come to admire your work and what you do so much that I have decided on you as my surgeon when I have my HT. This result, like all others, are lifechanging!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Phenomenal results thus far Dr. Cooley & especially at only the 6 month mark! We also advise our patients at the 5-6 month mark to not stress any slow or thin hair growth as it progresses through the first year. Please keep us updated as his year follow up approaches, I'd love to see the updates then.

Could I ask whether or not this patient is on Propecia/Finasteride to prevent future hair loss following the procedure?

Robin

I am employed by Dr. Parsa Mohebi at US Hair Restoration.

Dr. Parsa Mohebi is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

I just want to comment briefly on Dr Cooley and his staff. I had HT done with him about 4 months ago on June 10th. He and his staff were wonderful and he did a terrific job. I did a lot of research before deciding on Dr Cooley and never felt better about him and the work he did for me. The follow up and answering my questions and trying to calm me down have been outstanding. I can be a bug sometimes when the results are not immediate. Anyway, I am only at 4 months so don't want to post pics just yet. I just can't find the words to express how impressed I was with Cooley and the staff. I had 9 people working on me for 11 hours and left feeling great after the surgery. I'm sure the Valium helped a little with that also. I had very little bleeding (actually none) but after stitches were removed by another Doc one stitch bled for about 5 minutes. Good luck to you RCWest, you made a good decision!

3288 Grafts

759- 1's

1827- 2's

668- 3's

34- 4's

Total- 6,553

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...