Dr. Glenn Charles in Boca Raton, FL

RML

I recently underwent a hair transplant procedure with Dr. Glenn Charles in Boca Raton, FL. Actually this is my second procedure. I initially received 1800 grafts in March of 2006, and I started taking finasteride 1.25 mg 5 days per week. I started seeing results by the 6 month and complete results by 9-10 months. Overall, I got great results with both of these treatments. I received a lot of compliments about my new hair, and I am very happy to have undergone the procedure. It was a great decision.

However, I decided that I didn’t want to continue taking a finasteride for the long term. So I stopped taking it 8 months ago in order to see what hair would be left, which was a good bit except for the grafts. I decided to undergo a second treatment in order to fill in the thin areas. I received another 1800 grafts in August. My plan is to remain off finasteride, and determine whether or not I will need another procedure in a few years.

My experience with Dr. Charles was great four years ago as well as in August. He is passionate about his profession, and I have a lot of confidence in him. He is very kind to his patients and staff, and is always willing to answer questions and follow up with you post-operatively. During my second procedure, I overheard some of his staff comparing various hair transplant surgeons in the region, and they were pretty much in agreement that Dr. Charles is someone who treats others with respect, very personable, and achieves consistent results. They truly enjoy working with him. If I were to get a third procedure, I would likely receive a lot more grafts (more than 1800), and I would want Dr. Charles to be my surgeon.

I just had my first procedure today by Dr. Glenn Charless, 2112 grafts. The procedure went great and I am feeling pretty good about it, I can't wait for this first week to go by for the redness and stiches to go away. I would also recommend Dr. Charles if you live in florida and would be more than happy to field any questions, you can email me at tlb05f@fsu.edu

You can't go wrong with Dr. Charles. I know you'll see excellent results!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

• 1 year later...

I’m a 28 year old male living in South Florida and I recently had a hair transplant of 2581 grafts FUM done by Dr. Charles on December 2nd , 2011.

I first noticed my hair loss in my early 20’s, it started slowly and gradually accelerated quite a bit by the time I hit 25. It was quite the adjustment to get used to especially since I had grown up with such a thick head of hair. I’d be lying to you if I said it didn’t knock my self esteem when I started losing my hair. People who have hair will never understand what it’s like to lose it. It’s so easy for others to say, “Just shave your head and let it go”, and for a while I did the shaved look and it looked great. But after a while, I didn’t want that to be my ONLY look.

I liked having hair, and getting this procedure done became something of a life goal that I had set for myself. I knew I was going to get the procedure done at some point, but I didn’t know WHO I wanted to go to. I did quite a bit of research and narrowed my list down to two doctors (Dr. Charles being one of them). The other doctor will remain nameless.

I decided to go check out the “other” doctor first and visited the office for a consultation. I have to say that the waiting area looked like a mess. They said they were undergoing renivations (if that’s the case, at LEAST put a sign up or something!) I was greeted by a very nice “sales” rep, that basically went through the entire Q and A with me (he was called a hair consultant or something like that). Now this “other” doctor had a lot of patients that he was working on so he was only available towards the end of my consultation. Our discussion was very brief, he diagnosed my hair loss, told me how many grafts he thought I should get and that was pretty much the gist of that meeting.

My second consultation of the day was with Dr. Charles . From the moment I stepped into his office, I knew this was the person that I wanted to have my surgery done with. The office is immaculate and his receptionists are personable and welcoming. He sat me down and we went through every single question that I had, and he even brought up some points that I was unaware of. The two of us designed and mapped out my new hairline, he offered some great suggestions and took mine into great consideration as well. After our consultation I went home, weighed the options with my family and we had all come to an agreement that Dr.Charles was the man for the job. After scheduling my appointment, I received and email from Dr.Charles’ office about all of the pre-op and post-op directions that need I needed to follow. It was VERY thourogh and clear.

I had my surgery on Dec 2nd, 2011 which was for 2581 grafts FUM. To be quite honest I don’t remember too much of the surgery because I was knocked out for most of it. But everything went perfectly. Halfway through the procedure you have a lunch break, they provide the meal (food was awesome). They have a flat screen up on the wall so you can watch any movie or television program that you would like (I ended up watching Old School). Once the procedure was done, Dr.Charles went over the post op directions with me and told me if there was ANYTHING that I needed to give him a call, even if it was in the middle of the night (he gave me his personal cell and office numbers).

It’s been a little less than a month since I had my procedure. I’ve gone through all of the typical symptoms that you have after having a hair transplant. During the first week you have some swelling in the forehead and temple areas. The first night’s sleep is the hardest, but I actually slept pretty well. You get little scabs on the recipient site, which fall off. I’ve had some shock loss, but it’s to be expected so I’m not worried about it (I use Toppik and it works like a charm, just google it). I know good things come to those who wait! I should start seeing some growth in about 3-5 months and the full growth wont occur until around a year, so I’ve got some hair to look forward to! Also the donor scar is healing up very well, I even have trouble finding it and it’s been less than a month!

I highly recommend going to see Dr.Charles if you even are thinking about getting your hair restored! You will not be disappointed! He is top notch, and I couldn’t recommend him highly enough!