6 months after FUE - not much difference to hair

fuewatcher

After 6 months, and a successful 1500 FUE performed by a reputable doctor, I am seeing very little difference to my hairline. The great hairline and density that was created during the procedure went during the shock phase - and now I'm more or less back to the way it was before.

The transplanted hair came from the back of my head, where it is darker, but the front section of my hair is grey/fair so it is clear to me from just looking at the colour whether it's a transplanted hair or not.

No explosive growth, nothing; just left feeling more than a little depressed and disappointed, wondering why I was so insane as to take out such a big load for absolutely no benefit. I simply can't justify spending any more money, when the results, so far, are just so very poor.

(I moved this post from another thread)

Edited by fuewatcher

I agree, from what I have seen many people do not grow it before that point, some after, and your full result can bloom probably after the 12 month mark. So, hang in there. I am going to go for a transplant later on as well and I know the wait sucks but the end result is probably worth it. I am still without hairs and I got a year till I get a transplant then another 6 months or more after that to see the results.

Don't let it get to you right now. Just do what you have to do, eat right, get sleep, take the meds you need to if you do, and DONT WORRY. Worrying causes stress and you know stress can cause hair trouble. Relax and good luck.

hello fuewatcher,dr feller is a excellant strip surgeon and from what i have seen a very good fue surgeon so i sincerely hope your a very slow grower,i have also seen a few times were he has gone out of his way to help folk for one reason or another,i would surgest leaveing it a few more months at least then if you still have any concerns bring them to the doc'attension and i'm sure he will try his damdest to address them as imo he seems like a genuinely nice guy,all the best and have a nice day......